Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely an upgrade, although they didn't nail it like the Padres did. Panel hats are terrible* unless the front panel matches the jersey color, and I don't like the royal blue accents. I would have preferred royal blue be the primary color, but if you're gonna do navy and gold, do only navy and gold. But the logo package is excellent and the road uniform looks great, too bad they'll probably never wear it unless the home team is wearing blue or black.

*That yellow panel hat with the navy uniform is horrendous. I hope that combination never actually sees the field.

Wow. I love pretty much everything about this set. The new Spring Training wordmarks and beer-barrel numbers are absolutely perfect, and the new BiG is even more of an improvement to me than the leaks seemed to suggest. The logos themselves don’t seem to have much cohesion, but they work great in making a full uniform that is undeniably “Brewers,” taking from every part of their history. The decision to go with a cream home uniform is an inspired choice that I absolutely love, and it’s nice that they’ll still have the pinstripes to wear on occasion, as well. I love that the road uniform is able to say “Milwaukee” again. 

The only jersey I’m not in love with is the alternate navy, headspoon piping just doesn’t feel right for the Brew Crew to me, and the gold front-paneled cap is a bit much. I would have preferred just a yellow brim, at most. The use of royal also doesn’t seem to have much of a point in the set since the pinstripe set is navy now, but that’s such a minuscule detail that I can’t complain, and it still looks good anyway.

Like I suggested after the Padres reveal, if the Brewers could pull through, this could be the best offseason for uniform changes in history. I really think they did it, better than I could have even anticipated. Both teams jumped into my top 10 favorite uniforms in MLB at least, when before they were easily both bottom 5. The Brewers and Padres are both back to looking how they should in the same offseason, my favorite set ever for both teams, and it honestly doesn’t completely feel real yet.

1 hour ago, packerfan21396 said:

Please use this picture from Twitter instead of the locker room to see all the uniforms:

EJsnZYXWkAAEbnX?format=jpg&name=orig

All of them look legitimately happy to model these new uniforms proudly. It's a good sign of a job well done.

I think the design teams took notes on how to design a uniform that will be appealing both in appearance and at the same time be a well-crafted take on team history. The Brewers and Padres designers did their homework. Who's next?

I gotta say with the Padres change along with the Diamondbacks tweak and now this, this may be as close to a league can get to being 100% as far as having a legit uniform. Maybe some tweaks here and there but I would be happy if the league never changed any uniforms again(I'm looking at you NBA). Of course, this won't be cost feasible.

The Barley Ball to me feels like a PFPS (Patch For Patch's Sake) as it doesn't do anything other than take up space on the sleeve.  I wish MLB teams would come to the realization that it's perfectly ok to not have a patch because they think they need to.  86 the Barley Ball, put the anniversary patch on the left sleeve and call it a day.

15 minutes ago, tp49 said:

The Barley Ball to me feels like a PFPS (Patch For Patch's Sake) as it doesn't do anything other than take up space on the sleeve.  I wish MLB teams would come to the realization that it's perfectly ok to not have a patch because they think they need to.  86 the Barley Ball, put the anniversary patch on the left sleeve and call it a day.

Or, better yet, put the state outline logo (or barrelman head) on that sleeve.  Not having a patch is completely fine, but theres two other logos that would look great as a patch on that jersey.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

That all navy blue jersey look very minor league, looks more college like than Michigan's actual jerseys!

And the baseball/wheat roundel? I prefer the old ball in glove sleeve patch.

and 2 roundels on one jersey? Ugly

And lastly: Royal blue>>> Navy blue

Am I the only one who wishes they just stuck with the BiG on the sleeves? Clean, simple, matches with the cap. I don't remember anyone having an issue with it when it was on the old pinstriped set.

Feels like every team is overthinking it just a little too much this winter. Less is more. All of these new logos muddy the waters for me. A team should have one, clear-cut logo and an alternate. But congrats on the t-shirt sales, I guess.spacer.png

6 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

Looks awful.  Should have just replaced the royal on these marks with navy and called it a day.

byQW7tT.jpg

Amen. 

I’ve been a Brewers fan who hates the logo and uniforms for the past twenty years; it’s dispiriting that I have to keep on doing it but that’s where we are. 

Archived