Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

It's literally this one issue we don't see eye to eye on. Don't make it more than what it is.

Besides, you should be ecstatic. All the Barley M and Times New Roman Brewers gear your heart could desire will be in bargain bins for pennies on the dollar come the holidays.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

the absolutely gorgeous typography of the M barley scripts

Those scripts are an absolute mess.  Too pointy in places, bloated and round in others.  The goofy angle, that stubby little tail?  Ugh.  And that's leaving aside the whole dropshadow and inconsistent double-outline debacle.  Not even the designer trusted those wordmarks.

Design perspective, typographical perspective, doesn't matter.  They're trash in every regard.

Centering the ball and connecting B with the M was totally unneeded. I’m sad they pretty much recreated a perfect logo.  Definitely leaning towards a Chinese knockoff vibe. 

It even looks like the Right bottom edge of the M had a rounder smooth look with the new logo, basically the outline. Unless it’s just the compression of the image.  The old BiG has a bit of a transition. 

can someone overlay the old and new? I swear they’re different. 

Sorry I'm late...but this would be the greatest logo news I have ever heard in my life!

I have been waiting for them to go back to the BiG since they first announced they were dropping it for "Motre Bame." (keep in mind, I was six years old and a brand-new fan at the time)

bYhYmxh.png

9 minutes ago, GottaDeal said:

"In the meantime, we suggest everyone stay tuned" doesn't make much sense. "While you're waiting for more info...please keep waiting for more info."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

"In the meantime, we suggest everyone stay tuned" doesn't make much sense. "While you're waiting for more info...please keep waiting for more info."

More stuff is sure to leak out before any official unveiling anyway.

16 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Sorry I'm late...but this would be the greatest logo news I have ever heard in my life!

I have been waiting for them to go back to the BiG since they first announced they were dropping it for "Motre Bame." (keep in mind, I was six years old and a brand-new fan at the time)

Would be better if they actually went back to the BiG instead of “updating” it or “improving” it or whatever the hell they thought they were doing as they :censored:ed it up. 

Has anyone looked into trademark filings for this? What we have are two Topps cards. One with the current M logo, and one with a supposed leak. The webbing change on the glove is one thing, but why would they change the stitching on the baseball? I am not buying this “leak” yet. 

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Would be better if they actually went back to the BiG instead of “updating” it or “improving” it or whatever the hell they thought they were doing as they :censored:ed it up. 

All semantics to me...I wonder if any Torontonians were upset that the Blue Jays' rebrand wasn't a carbon copy of the old logo set?

Most weren't...they were just happy to see the basic classic iconic look back for their Jays...as am I for my Crew.

bYhYmxh.png

34 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The added webbing between the B and M is definitely a downgrade

I can just imagine the flowery explanation that will be given about how the connecting B and M represents the strong connection between the city and the team. 

I can't believe that after all the years of arguing "is that little thing in the middle supposed to be blue, white, or transparent?", the Brewers gave a definitive answer of "no"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

They might have. 

That’s one wouldn’t actually bother me; there was a short-lived cap version in the 1980s that did that too. 

It looks like they straightened the right side of the “m” a bit as well, like it is on that old cap. I like that change, as it matches up better with the curves of the “b” on the left side.

This is looking like an unpopular opinion already, but I honestly don’t mind the changes too much. Most of them are subtle improvements, much like the new Padres “SD,” and none of the changes are really substantial enough for most people to tell the difference between it and the old ball-in-glove logo. It still retains the same spirit.

58 minutes ago, Brandon9485 said:

The webbing change on the glove is one thing, but why would they change the stitching on the baseball?

To update the logo and differentiate it from the old one.  They also changed the placement of the ball in the mitt. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived