Cro Liga (Croatian Soccer Premier League)

dado

spacer.png

NK Zagreb's exact year of foundation is unknown.

Over the years they have been merging with a lot of different clubs.

In 2002. NK Zagreb won 1. HNL becoming the first club to do so other than Dinamo Zagreb or Hajduk Split.

They have been playing 1. HNL continuously until 2013. when they were relegated to 2. HNL.

Due to financial troubles over the past few years the club has relegated down to 4. HNL in which they are playing today.

Their logo is based on the historical crest of the city of Zagreb.

I like their logo so I didn't change much, I removed the name and the ball and modified the shield a little.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

NK Rijeka was founded in 1946.

They have been playing 1. HNL continuously since it's beginning in 1992.

In 2017. Rijeka won it's first ever league title ending Dinamo Zagreb's run of 11 successive titles.

I like their logo, I just brushed it up a bit and removed some things and obviously recolored it.

Not my most creative work but I think it will do.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Aaaand we're back.😀

spacer.png

Hajduk Split was founded in 1911.

Along with Dinamo Zagreb it's the most successful and the most popular soccer club in Croatia.

Hajduk has been playing in 1. HNL since it's beginning and has 6 league titles.

Hajduk's traditional home colors are white shirt, blue shorts and blue socks which symbolizes white sails on the blue sea.

The away shirt traditionally has red and blue vertical stripes but I decided to go with gray which has been used as the 3rd kit in recent years.

I should also mention that Hajduk is my favorite soccer club.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Slaven Belupo was founded in 1907.

They have been playing in 1. HNL continuously since 1997.

Slaven Belupo is the most successful club in the history of the UEFA Intertoto Cup.

The 2nd most successful soccer club in Koprivnica is NK Koprivnica which is essentially Slaven Belupo's B squad.

For this concept I'm combining the 2 teams under one name.

The city of Koprivnica is the capital of the Podravina region who's main symbol is the rooster which was the inspiration for the new logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mladost Sigetec was founded in 1949.

They are a local amateur club (their field is less than 200 meters from my house)

and are currently playing in 5. HNL which is the highest division the club has ever played.

Their nickname is "the blue-whites".

There are a lot of clubs named Mladost in Croatia so I decided to change the name to just Sigetec.

(Although some would say that I couldn't come up with anything to incorporate the letters M and S, don't listen to them😁)

The inspiration for the logo and the home kit came from an old pin from the 25th anniversary of the club.

spacer.png

The away kit is based on a beautiful yellow shirt the club was wearing about 15 years ago.

(I don't have a picture but I remember it very well.)

Fun fact: The club's current logo was made by me 10 years ago.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

NK Varteks Varaždin was founded in 1931. under the name NK Slavija.

The name Varteks was adopted in 1958. after a local tailoring company (VARTEKS - VARaždin TEKStil) became the main sponsor of the club.

Since then the clubs nickname is "The Tailors". 

Varteks played in 1. HNL since it's beggining in 1991. until 2012. when they got into serious financial troubles

and were relegated to the lowest tier (7. HNL).

As a result of that, hardcore supportrs of the club founded their own club under the same name. (NK Varteks)

In 2013., after some, in my opinion, really shady politics between the Croatian Football Federation and the club's new management, now renamed Varaždin Škola Nogometa (Varaždin School of Football) started playing 3. HNL.

In 2015. the club changed it's name to NK Varaždin and are currently playing 1. HNL.

NK Varteks (the supporters club) is currently playing 3. HNL.

For this concept I'm combining the two clubs under one name again.

The new logo should be kinda obvious with the whole tailor thing.

The kit colors are the historic colors of the club.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

NK Šibenik was founded in 1932.

The club played 1. HNL for 12 consecutive years, from 1992 until 2003.

They returned to 1. HNL in 2006 but were relegated to 2. HNL in 2012.

Since then the club has played 2. HNL and 3. HNL.

Currently, the club is in 1st place of 2. HNL and will probably be promoted to 1. HNL at the end of the season.

The club's historic colors are orange and black.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yay, we made it!😀

Here's a recap of all the logos and kits:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you all for liking, commenting and following.

I hope you had fun following along. I sure had fun making this concept and I'm really happy with the end result.😀

• 2 weeks later...

Really cool stuff!  I think Inter Zapresic and Istra are all clear improvements.  I also think Cibalia, Sibenik, Varteks, and Zadar are interesting concepts/looks.  Great job!  Overall, some really clean looks.

For me personally, I'd keep Dinamo and Hajduk the same (but go back to the 1911 on Hajduk ... ), but I can almost picture Dinamo doing something like that in the future (reminds me of Juventus).

Great job!

15 hours ago, ec5 said:

Really cool stuff!  I think Inter Zapresic and Istra are all clear improvements.  I also think Cibalia, Sibenik, Varteks, and Zadar are interesting concepts/looks.  Great job!  Overall, some really clean looks.

For me personally, I'd keep Dinamo and Hajduk the same (but go back to the 1911 on Hajduk ... ), but I can almost picture Dinamo doing something like that in the future (reminds me of Juventus).

Great job!

Thank you.

Yeah, it's hard to come up with something new for Dinamo and Hajduk that doesn't include a checkerboard.

Oh and Juve was an inspiration for Dinamo for sure.😀

On 1/20/2020 at 2:18 PM, dado said:

Thank you.

Yeah, it's hard to come up with something new for Dinamo and Hajduk that doesn't include a checkerboard.

Oh and Juve was an inspiration for Dinamo for sure.😀

When another poster mentioned the d also forms a Z, I was like that's clever!  (I was wondering why you extended that serif).  Honestly, the look is growing on me.  Have you ever thought of sending them a proposal for it?  With them making some waves in international matches and making some money, they might be in the market for an updated look.  It'd be kind of cool if I watch one of their games in a couple years and see this logo.   

On 1/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, ec5 said:

When another poster mentioned the d also forms a Z, I was like that's clever!  (I was wondering why you extended that serif).  Honestly, the look is growing on me.  Have you ever thought of sending them a proposal for it?  With them making some waves in international matches and making some money, they might be in the market for an updated look.  It'd be kind of cool if I watch one of their games in a couple years and see this logo.   

It always bugged me a little bit that the top and the bottom of the "d" on the original logo wasn't symmetrical. It never occured to me that it could form a Z.

As far as pitching a new logo to the club goes, I'm not a graphic designer (just a guy with a lot of free time on his hands😁) so I wouldn't know how one would even go about doing something like that but I agree that it would be cool.😀

• 1 year later...

Archived