NFL Redesign (Browns)

bucknut42

It's been a while since I've made a concept of any sort, so this one was just kind of a random thing I put together. I wanted to remove black from the Eagles without doing a kelly green concept. I also redid the helmet wing, making it simpler and to look more like a real wing. So here it is. Let me know what you would change.

VQqxJ7m.png

spacer.png

Looks solid to me. And I really like the idea of "fanning" out the sleeve stripes a la birdwings--one of the more unique takes on striping I've seen.  The elimination of black really enhances this, as well.

Interesting number renderings...do you have a full set?

I'm not an Eagles fan, but if I were, this would work for me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I agree with a lot of what has been said. The look is a lot cleaner without the black, and number font looks nice. The fanned sleeve stripes are excellent!

My only concern is with the helmet wing. I can't see it very well since it's small, but the white parts look kinda blocky and awkward. I'd like to see a detail of that; maybe it's better than it looks from afar...

Really nice work!

On 10/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, Buc said:

Interesting number renderings...do you have a full set?

I do! I created the font custom for the Eagles, trying to balance the idea of motion and sharp elements that reflect an eagle, while also trying to maintain a block style.

XqskiTj.png

15 hours ago, vtgco said:

My only concern is with the helmet wing. I can't see it very well since it's small, but the white parts look kinda blocky and awkward. I'd like to see a detail of that; maybe it's better than it looks from afar...

Here's the helmet from up close.

jMfZN7W.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

How is this not getting more attention? Honestly, it’s probably the best redesign for the Eagles I’ve ever seen on here. Could we see the different pants matched up with the different jerseys?

4 hours ago, Bobster said:

Total upgrade.  Love the helmet.

Thank you for the kind words! And yes, I went ahead and created the different combos, shown below. 

q9fgnk3.png

azMp6b0.png

ErtEgUV.png

I also think that I may do some other NFL teams. This may end up being a series, who knows. 

spacer.png

The colors here are beautiful and the sleeve stripes caught my attention right away; it's a really clever design, especially for a team whose mascot is a bird. 

really want to like the updated helmet, but the wing looks over-simplified to me. I will note however, that I've seen tons of Eagles concepts posted here over the years and I've only liked a handful of the helmet updates. I guess I'm just one who thinks the current wing is fine as is. 

I was skeptical about the number font at first but seeing the full set and its application on the white and silver jerseys sold me on it. Really great job there and just an excellent concept all around. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got around to doing some other teams, so I will be posting those periodically and in no particular order. 

For Tampa Bay I obviously wanted to fix what their current mess of a set is. So I simplified, while also keeping some similarities.

9uGlWta.png

hb0lpEJ.png

guhS5bd.png

95Bf2AW.png

C&C welcome! Next team will probably make an appearance later today.

spacer.png

As promised, a second team for the day. Let's take a trip to the AFC.

For Denver, I wanted to remove the hideous side panels and use the mountains as a key element of the design. I wanted a rustic sort of feel, which is where the block font instead of rounded comes in.

0k0nBma.png

unt2Pii.png

onf88T2.png

2bKhGoh.png

spacer.png

13 hours ago, bucknut42 said:

Well I finally got around to doing some other teams, so I will be posting those periodically and in no particular order. 

For Tampa Bay I obviously wanted to fix what their current mess of a set is. So I simplified, while also keeping some similarities.

9uGlWta.png

hb0lpEJ.png

guhS5bd.png

95Bf2AW.png

C&C welcome! Next team will probably make an appearance later today.

The pewter pants are the best I've ever seen matte pewter look. I think it's that bold stripe that really draws the eye and livens up the dark color.

10 hours ago, Jeffery said:

Gorgeous! This is your best one yet. Love the use of mountains without getting too complicated + the orange pants on the away are perfection. Can’t wait for more!

As a Broncos fan, I couldn't agree more. I recall one of the Madden Games (maybe 2012?) had the Broncos with white unis and blue pants. Would love to see the team do that, and with orange as well. 

N3d5IIl.png

Archived