USA - ARGENTINA

ROCHitman

Through 3 quarters -

Argentina 70

USA 57

Duncan has 4 fouls and is off the floor.

Ginobili (ARG) is shooting lights out.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

This is a bunch of BS, the officials have been calling everything against the US from the begining and it's crap.

That was a foul when Marbury was flipped over and it wasn't called. BULL plop!!!

Yeah well Hamm shouldn't have won gold, kharma!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This is a bunch of BS, the officials have been calling everything against the US from the begining and it's crap.

That was a foul when Marbury was flipped over and it wasn't called. BULL plop!!!

Yeah well Hamm shouldn't have won gold, kharma!

Oh hell no, don't go there.

He won it fair. It's not his fault the judges are not held to standards. Besides if you re-score correcting for what wasn't deducted, Hamm would have still won.

:flagusa:

Argentina is getting screwed on calls as well.

Ginobili was called for a foul when he stripped RJ clean.

You know what the problem is?

THEY USE 2 OFFICIALS in International competetion.

As a basketball referee, i know all to welll that using a 3 man crew is the ONLY way to officiate the ENTIRE floor.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

It's over!

Argentina - 89

USA - 81

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I watched just about the whole game, it was a good game, the officiating was consistent throughtout the game. Cannot wait to see the other semi final!

:cursing:

Obviously, you know little about basketball.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Embarrassing the US has lost more games in this olympics than in olympic history coming into these games. I am ashamed as an American. Hopefully our hockey team will make up for it in the world cup.

:lol:

Oh, sorry... you weren't kidding? ^_^

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I know that i'm glad we lost. Shows that we just expected to recieve the Gold Medal. These guys need to grow up and learn how to play "Real" Basketball. They got their wake up call, but do you think they will do anything about it. Probably not, 'cause they got their money.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

I watched just about the whole game, it was a good game, the officiating was consistent throughtout the game. Cannot wait to see the other semi final!

:cursing:

Obviously, you know little about basketball.

What makes you say that?

I know that i'm glad we lost. Shows that we just expected to recieve the Gold Medal. These guys need to grow up and learn how to play "Real" Basketball. They got their wake up call, but do you think they will do anything about it. Probably not, 'cause they got their money.

They were playing real basketball as you put it, they played like they wanted to win, but the better team won. Mochba was correct in a previous thread, the rest of the world is catching up, they still have a long ways to go, but their best of comparable to your best. You have to face the fact that the rest of the world can hang touch with the US and just accept it. If you were any kind of a basketball fan, you would be happy that basketball is finally competitive on an international stage.

the officiating was consistent throughtout the game

It was consistently aweful if anything.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

the officiating was consistent throughtout the game

It was consistently aweful if anything.

O.k. fine, I did not say it was perfect, good or even bad and yet you jump all over me. I said it was consistent, it was consistent for both teams, call it good, bad or whatever you want. Just because you are disappointed with the result, do not take it out on me, next time choose your words carefully.

They were playing real basketball as you put it, they played like they wanted to win, but the better team won. Mochba was correct in a previous thread, the rest of the world is catching up, they still have a long ways to go, but their best of comparable to your best. You have to face the fact that the rest of the world can hang touch with the US and just accept it. If you were any kind of a basketball fan, you would be happy that basketball is finally competitive on an international stage.

I personally like to see everyone else catching up. It's no fun when you run all over people. More power to them.

Let's see a Kazakhstan Basketball team win GOLD.

I personally like to see everyone else catching up. It's no fun when you run all over people. More power to them.

No, Papua New Guinea! Possibly even Estonia! :D

It's absolute crap -- first off, in the Paul Hamm situation, you are only allowed 3 "holds" on the even bars. The korean guy used 4 holds. That is a required 2/10 deduction. Had that been counted, it wouldn't be a matter of whether or not he got gold, he wouldn't have even won the Bronze.

Second -- The officiating has been awful against the United States this whole tournament. Against Spain, the fouls were 15-4 at half time and 6 US players had 2 fouls. Lebron James' dunk in the first half where he got called for traveling, what a crap call that was. He only took one step and went up after he got the ball. This was before Argentina started their first little run.

Second off, Stephon Marbury gets flipped and no call -- what is THAT?! Yet Ginobli gets hit 3 seconds after he shoots the ball and gets a free throw? Yeah, being knocked to the floor really affected that considering he had enough time to land and then watch the ball for a second and THEN get knocked over.

Oh well, good -- the Americans lost. Or I should say, good, Larry Brown lost. I've lost all respect for this coach after these olympics. He had ZERO control over this team with the exception of Carmelo Anthony and that's because he never let 'Melo touch the floor. If he would maybe, just maybe, tell Lamar Odom to stop throwing up shots that he can't make, maybe they would've won this game. Odom does NOT have that or ability. What's he doing starting over 'Melo anyway?

That's a joke. The rest of the world is nowhere NEAR the United States. The rest of the world plays zone defenses, something that NBA players rarely seen. Why adjust their game for a tournament that occurs every 4 years.

Now -- let's imagine a starting roster that looks like this...

PG -- Stephon Marbury or maybe Jason Kidd

SG -- Kobe Bryant or Tracy McGrady

SF -- Tracy McGrady or Kevin Garnett

PF -- Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett

C -- Shaquille O'Neal

Off the bench you basically have this years olympic team, not including those who are alreayd in my pretend starting line up.

do you honestly still think any nation could possibly compete with that team? The world is not catching up. You're talking about teams that have been together for years against a team that has played together for a few months at best.

You have the Worlds BEST playing up against, in some cases, players who aren't even NBA All-Stars.

IUe6Hvh.png

No, Papua New Guinea! Possibly even Estonia! :D

How about Indonesia or Phillipines?

Go Alaska Aces! :Dhttp://www.surfshop.net.ph/pba2/alaska/

I saw, I came, I left.

Oh well, good -- the Americans lost. Or I should say, good, Larry Brown lost. I've lost all respect for this coach after these olympics. He had ZERO control over this team with the exception of Carmelo Anthony and that's because he never let 'Melo touch the floor. If he would maybe, just maybe, tell Lamar Odom to stop throwing up shots that he can't make, maybe they would've won this game. Odom does NOT have that or ability. What's he doing starting over 'Melo anyway?

Don't blame Brown. He had no control over this team they just weren't interested in playing as a team.

He had no say in which players were to be on this team either. USA Basketball suits picked this team. He did what he could with what he had.

Did you know basketball coaches, head coaches on down to ast. coaches, do not recieve medals in the olympic games? Coach Brown deserves to be respected just as much as he was after the NBA Finals and even more so because he coached the team for now reward.

I think they wanted to play much like the Dream Team did.....to make their own legacy except this time around the other teams were much more competetive.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Archived