Sporting Apparel Store in the 90's.

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That surprises me.  I was one of the few fans of the tweak, but I didn't think it was significant enough to warrant a non-negligible decrease in sales.  I wonder if it was like that locally, or just outside of the local market.  They stuck with it pretty long, so I'm assuming the decrease was more outside of the Miami area.

I don't know how it was in local market, I just remember that effectively doing away with my sales of them. My store had a very bandwagon customer base when it came to the NFL. After the Colts beat the Chiefs in that 1995 playoff game I sold most everything I had for the Colts that following Monday. The Broncos and the Buccaneers were huge sellers in the 1997 because they won. It was like that every year.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

I don't know how it was in local market, I just remember that effectively doing away with my sales of them. My store had a very bandwagon customer base when it came to the NFL. After the Colts beat the Chiefs in that 1995 playoff game I sold most everything I had for the Colts that following Monday. The Broncos and the Buccaneers were huge sellers in the 1997 because they won. It was like that every year.

Well the Broncos and Bucs won, but they also had new identities...probably a perfect storm situation.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:20 PM, mjd77 said:

I remember stores like this in the '90s.  It's a shame they don't exist anymore but I can understand why.  Seeing all the variety and tons of different teams in one place was always nice.

Yeah not many are left. 

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Archived