National Teams Soccer Kits 2020

UnclearInitial

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's annoying to me that the US jersey numbers are smaller than the numbers on the shorts, that South Korea has oversized numbers and that the USA doesn't have their numbers centered on the shirts. 

* - Also, Olympic uniforms are starting to get revealed:

Medal Stand tracksuit:

https://news.nike.com/apparel/2020-medal-stand

2020 Medal Stand 1

koKXUGD.jpg

2020 Federation Uniforms: Basketball, Track and Skateboarding  7

2020 Team USA Track and Field 1

SKATEBOARDING uniforms

Nike 2020 Forum // Skateboarding Jerseys and Footwear 1

Nike 2020 Forum // Skateboarding Jerseys and Footwear 2

Nike 2020 Forum // Skateboarding Jerseys and Footwear 4

Nike 2020 Forum 2

https://news.nike.com/news/air-zoom-mercurial

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's annoying to me that the US jersey numbers are smaller than the numbers on the shorts, that South Korea has oversized numbers and that the USA doesn't have their numbers centered on the shirts. 

Nike 2020 Forum 2

https://news.nike.com/news/air-zoom-mercurial

I wouldn't put too much stock into the number size. These release images are heavily edited, sometimes from completely blank uniforms in the original photos. Often times theres a size discrepancy in numbers/embellishments. I would imagine the actual number size is closer to the image above (USWNT #6 on the very top of the image)

On 2/5/2020 at 10:31 PM, element7ero said:

this is fantastic news! Really hope the all manufacturers will do the same from here on out!

It is very cool to see Nike confirm doing this for this summer's international tournaments, but also kinda funny to read when we know that last year's templated-out club third kits will based on Nike's own sneakers from 25 years ago. They're so good at playing both sides of the fence.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Yeah, Iceland’s somehow a downgrade for me (original wasn’t good, either). Looks a whole lot more corporate to me than soccer/football. You don’t need a ball necessarily, as quite a few teams show, but this just doesn’t have any kind of “crest” look to it. 

It’s too bad, I feel like Iceland would have tons of potential for a great crest. They’re just not tapping into it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 2/5/2020 at 12:39 PM, ZipperClub said:

Yes.

spacer.png

I’m very late on this one, but I’m not sure I like these. I don’t like boxy look of the new crest as a whole, and the pinkish(?) to red gradient doesn’t really look like Korea to me (though the pattern is nice). I liked what they had with solid red over black or blue shorts, and I think the pattern as something tonal on a full red top would’ve been better. I like the idea of a tiger kit, but I think gold was the wrong color choice for the accents. I think something like electric blue accents would’ve worked better. 

I thought Korea’s outgoing set was great, especially the white kit, which is probably my all-time favorite Korea kit. The taegeuk pattern complimented the black accents very well and served as a nice homage to the flag. Sure the primary kit may have been plain to some, but I thought it was really clean look with nice color distribution. I’ll miss that set for sure.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Sweden’s away kit... and it looks like MLS’s ‘25th anniversary’ font is the adidas standard font 

That’s not the MLS font. Some similarities for sure, especially on the ‘E’ and ‘S’, but also some significant differences as well. And Sweden has actually had that back neck word mark on their last two kit sets (their 2018 WC set and this new set), so it’s not really a standard Adidas font and is not the same font as the names/numbers. The standard Adidas name/number font for 2020 is this:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived