UnclearInitial

National Teams Soccer Kits 2020

I loved the template back then. I still do somehow, even if I know that it does look bad.

But Hertha really had a nice retro alternative kit with that template.

Hertha-Bobic_4_344441a-768x432.jpg

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ranking every Manchester United home shirt of the Premier League era -  Planet Football

United got lucky that year, they still had that swoosh on the sleeve though. The aways that year were one of the best designs, but they felt a little frail though.

TK6mRxH.jpg

I had the Utd black kit that year and I remember not liking how thin and cheap it felt. And it wasn't cheap. I like soccer shirts to feel like they have some thickness to them. I don't like feeling like I'm wearing a training bib.

The home was awful - I hated that asymmetrical swoosh on the shoulders. That combined with the thin black collar, flat sponsor and cheap fabric appearance made me resent Nike for quite a while. The whole Nike 90 thing, whatever it was, was tacky to me. It's the worst United has looked maybe ever, IMO.

7 hours ago, Bayne said:

I had the Utd black kit that year and I remember not liking how thin and cheap it felt. And it wasn't cheap. I like soccer shirts to feel like they have some thickness to them. I don't like feeling like I'm wearing a training bib.

The home was awful - I hated that asymmetrical swoosh on the shoulders. That combined with the thin black collar, flat sponsor and cheap fabric appearance made me resent Nike for quite a while. The whole Nike 90 thing, whatever it was, was tacky to me. It's the worst United has looked maybe ever, IMO.

Not the worst they've looked, adidas has seen to that, but I agree on how cheap they felt. 

7 hours ago, Bayne said:

I have a 2002 United States shirt that I hadn't worn in probably 15 years. I wore it this summer and I completely forgot how thin it was. It felt strange.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:42 AM, Gothamite said:

Ye gods, I hated that Nike template.  The bib piping, the stupid notch on the sleeve.  It was even worse with teams that had contrasting sleeves.

Excuse me?

spacer.png+

spacer.png

spacer.png

To this day, this is still one of my favorite Nike templates

The problem I have with that 2004(?) Nike template (or at least how it was used, perhaps) is that it was very click-and-fill. Aside from national colors themselves, there was very little that distinguished a team’s base design from another.

Look at the Nike template from 2018, for example, and you’ll see many teams doing thier own thing with it. Ignoring colors themselves and looking at each kit’s identity, France looked very different from Nigeria, who looked very different from England, who looked very different from the United States, and so on. Most teams still added elements that clearly distinguished themselves, whereas the use of the 2004 template in terms of distinguishing elements was limited to merely filling or not filling panels and piping. Perhaps that’s on the teams themselves, or perhaps that’s on Nike. In any case, it wasn’t good.

New Ireland kits with the switch to Umbro.

The shocked for now is released without a sponsor. Ireland normally only sells/uses jerseys with a sponsor on front besides in game action.

Their store is also selling them without a sponsor for now, as the 3 deal ran out and yet to sign a new one so I preordered a long sleeve.

classic and very nice look, including the pattern

AWESOME finally without sponsor!

great to see Umbro making a comeback (a little bit, regardless of who owns the rights nodways, was it Nike?)

Surprised to see them ditch NB so quickly. I own the white 2017 NB shirt and it looks and fits great. I was a big fan of their 2016 Umbro set though, and this one is a beauty. And while I think the green and gold is a good look, I'd like to see them go back to green and orange in 2022.