National Teams Soccer Kits 2020

UnclearInitial

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

That's supposed to be England's new home kit.

nike-england-euro-2020-home-kit-2.jpg

I don't mind this in a vacuum, it  has 90s england vibes, but after seeing that China jersey i feel like we're gonna have a very heavily templated cycle from Nike unfortunately. 

If they plan on using a number in the center of the chest, it will also bother me lining up 3 graphics vertically like that. 

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

I don't mind this in a vacuum, it  has 90s england vibes, but after seeing that China jersey i feel like we're gonna have a very heavily templated cycle from Nike unfortunately. 

If they plan on using a number in the center of the chest, it will also bother me lining up 3 graphics vertically like that. 

That's why I hope this is a training jersey and not a game jersey. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Portugal to use old school polo style shirt. Hope France does the same. 

spacer.png

Never been a fan of black on Portugal’s kits, the 90’s are their stylistic nadir and they’ve had much better color combinations in their two decades with Nike. That bright red looks rough too 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 12/22/2019 at 12:02 AM, anythinglogos said:

Never been a fan of black on Portugal’s kits, the 90’s are their stylistic nadir and they’ve had much better color combinations in their two decades with Nike. That bright red looks rough too 

Correct me if im wrong but i dont think they have ever used black on any of their home kits, so this is a first. I do with they would just go back to that dark red, green and gold of the 90's/early 00's. Im just glad they've at least dropped the white in recent years and brought back the gold. 

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Digby said:

portugal-euro-2020-away-kit-2.jpg

I like this look a lot, very distinctive. Though I hope the real thing has some type of collar or sleeve trim to make the whole ensemble look a little more complete and detailed.

Had they just used the top chest stipe it would be okay, but overall pretty bad. Not sure what the significance of the design even is, the stripes dont go all the way around just like the german kit, and the blue is so light it might as well be white. If youre going to make a teal kit because of the success of the 2016 kit, at least make the teal prominent. 

Nike_News_2018_Portuguese_Football_Feder

Something like this, with maybe a polo collar like the home kit and the stripes on the side instead of across the front would have been better. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/12/nike-england-euro-2020-home-away-kits.html

England kit layouts. Home uniform is stacked straight down the middle and the road has numbers in the same place as the current selection. The actual away jersey hlooks like the badge chopped to pieces, the video version looks like they picked a similar pattern. 

On 12/28/2019 at 2:26 AM, DuckFly2gether said:

Had they just used the top chest stipe it would be okay, but overall pretty bad. Not sure what the significance of the design even is, the stripes dont go all the way around just like the German kit, and the blue is so light it might as well be white. If youre going to make a teal kit because of the success of the 2016 kit, at least make the teal prominent. 

Agreed on the chest stripe. I think not wrapping the pattern all the way around was a good call, based on the way the numbers blended in to the Vancouver Whitecaps jersey stripes last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thank goodness this board exists so I can have a place to be driven crazy by things like graphic element placement.

The away kit continues the same pet peeve I had with the last couple years of Nike, which is that the shirt looks unbalanced with the number below the swoosh. Better to move both the swoosh and the number upward, so that the entire unit is centered with the badge on the opposite side. The home kit tweaks that formula but to no good effect, having EVERYTHING down the middle just plainly looks bizarre.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived