• Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ecuador has a new badge.

Old:

400px-Federacion_Ecuatoriana_de_Futbol_l

New:

Escudo_de_la_Federaci%C3%B3n_Ecuatoriana

I like incorporating the condor into the monogram, but maybe the rest is a little too abstract.

The video is very cool.

Have to say, this is pretty slick. Love both the new badge and the video. In fact, the video is aaaaaahmazing. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

• 2 weeks later...

New US kits have leaked and one is pretty darn good while the other is an absolute head scratcher.

The white one gives off a similar vibe to the women’s 2019 winning shirt with the double stripe. That shirt is definitely a winner. I’m also very happy to see the return of navy on the white shirt rather than royal.

spacer.png

Meanwhile, the navy secondary kit has a very bizarre all over royal pattern (almost like camo but not really). This one is pretty rough. It could have been very good if they stuck with only navy and red trim, perhaps a simple stripe here or there.

spacer.png

Huh, I agree with your assessment there ... what's the marketing copy on that? The dynamism of the Mississippi River? Surprised they're giving the women such a similar shirt to the previous one, but at least that market's been proven.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

Perhaps...but since they started producing the women's team design in men's fan sizes, I'd think that that market was kinda tapped. Though now that I think about it, I bet the women get another new jersey for the Olympics.

They'd have to, with not being able to use the federation logo. Doing this also allows people to get the design with mens players, not just the women. Might also(and I hope so) be sticking with this as long as they can for the general design.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

That USA home kit will be perfect if they do the right thing and pair it with blue shorts and white socks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Love that abstract geometric lion backdrop on the Netherlands jersey. Orange and Black are a fantastic combo anyway.

I dislike the USSF badge, as it is so damn generic and boring, but at least they fixed the stripe colors to red/white.

the home jersey could be decent, if paired with navy blue shorts.

the away looks terrible. Would be acceptable, even if ultra basic, to just leave out that lighter royal blue splash abomination.

5 hours ago, element7ero said:

Love that abstract geometric lion backdrop on the Netherlands jersey. Orange and Black are a fantastic combo anyway.

I dislike the USSF badge, as it is so damn generic and boring, but at least they fixed the stripe colors to red/white.

the home jersey could be decent, if paired with navy blue shorts.

the away looks terrible. Would be acceptable, even if ultra basic, to just leave out that lighter royal blue splash abomination.

The badge remains terribly generic, 3 years later it could still be confused for any other US sports national organization. My preference was to keep the previous badge shape while cleaning up the elements inside (stars, stripes and typface), as the previous logo still remains clearly identifiable with US Soccer.

I dig the USA white kit, and I love the throwback Nike logo on both kits. I’m not sure what’s going on with the navy kit, though; the pattern neither looks camo nor topographic, to be honest I wonder if it’s really anything. The only other thing I can think of is that it kind of looks like a zoomed-in coastline with islands? But I have no idea, it doesn’t look like anything (or anywhere) I recognize. Very weird and pointless if it can’t be made out. If all it is is just an abstract pattern, I’d have preferred something more geometric so it could be more clearly read as “abstract pattern”. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

What's the reason for the throwback logo? I thought Nike was only doing that on retro gear.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

What's the reason for the throwback logo? I thought Nike was only doing that on retro gear.

That's their thing this cycle. Tottenham and Chelsea have that logo on their third kits this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Unfortunately, the US is going with the super predictable all white and all navy blue. Navy shorts with the white top would be perfect. Also, it appears that the two kits aren’t interchangeable as the white kit has a red and blue stripe whereas the blue kit has a solid red stripe, so the two designs aren’t meant to mix. Unless they have a change short specifically for the white shirt, it looks like it’ll be solid white all the time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Red keeper kit

spacer.png

https://cdn.footyheadlines.com/amp/5212247843384225652

Archived