National Teams Soccer Kits 2020

UnclearInitial

Interesting. I really like that kit. To me, the white/navy/white is the classic US look and it’s a shame that sports have gravitated towards solid color designs. I wish they cleaned the stripes up a bit though. Nothing matches. The top has two tone red/blue stripes, the shorts have solid blue stripes (which will basically look like no stripes) while the socks have split red and blue stripes. If the shorts and socks had the same two tone red and blue stripe, this kit would be fantastic. I’d say it’s very good right now. I’m especially happy to see us go back to dark blue. Never liked the royal blue.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

I guess they're trying to differentiate you lot from England which is also traditionally white/navy/white.

The funny part is that the same time the Americans switched to wearing all white (the last decade), so too, have the English. It seems more rare to see them wearing blue shorts. I can think of a few times they’ve worn blue change shorts (a couple matches at the 2018 World Cup, the odd friendly, as well as the special 150 years kit) but it seems the English default for the last several years has been all white. I wonder whether that’s due to tightening FIFA kit regulations for contrast or their preferences.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty happy with that USA kit. The home kit is very classy. If we are gong to have a plain, white home kit (no sash, stripes) this is about as good as it gets. Love that they went with navy blue over royal (as they always should). Would be nice to see it with navy shorts also. 

The away kit is kid of a weird design, but at least it is mainly navy,

4 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Would still like USA to come up with a permanent look though. When you go to a USA game, it's not like all the fans are wearing white. Its just a mix of red, white, blue kits. I think going back to the Red/White stripes would be perfect.

I agree, when you look across the globe at all the different national teams - storied or not - most have an “essential” look, and I feel the USMNT doesn’t have that at all. They had something with the Waldo kit; it looked good, was distinctive, and tied well to the flag. My hopes are that they give that idea another chance someday and stick with it, then have a good navy set for a clash.

Come to think of it, navy tops with red shorts and navy socks could look interesting. The Blue Jackets look good (as well as “American”, if you will) with that color distribution in my opinion. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I really liked the navy and red hoops that the USMNT used as a primary a few years ago; shame that was only for a Gold Cup.

That said, if they haven't come up with a set look yet, I think that ship has sailed when even the England, Spain and Germany tier of teams plays around with their look from cycle to cycle. If manufacturers will insist on rolling out one or two new shirts per year for teams that play relatively few actual matches, I think arbitrary variations are more the rule now.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Yeah tomorrow is Nike brand wide national federation release. Korea is releasing its new logo as well with the kit, both of which were leaked and getting a lot of hate currently. Nigeria Football Federation's president also said that the event in NYC will be when they release their kits. So tomorrow we'll see a bunch of new kits both Nike national teams and Adidas MLS kits

Seems a bit early for a Nike release. I tend to remember them happening at the end of the month, usually with a March FIFA international break on pitch debut. It seems odd that both Nike and adidas would release on the same day. You’d think they’d each want a bit of separation from each other. Especially since we aren’t talking about one single club release. These are massive collections for each brand.

Korea Republic just launched its new brand identity on the today (the 5th local time) and kit will be launched on the 5th in New York with the rest of the Nike kits.

I would share the post here but I have no idea how to embed a tweet into a post

4 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I'm shocked France hasnt had, well, any leaks yet.

Expecting an all blue first choice, after winning the world cup as such

I'm hearing they're back on the blue/blue/red combination they wore at Euro 2016 - just navy instead of royal blue, of course. 

5 hours ago, hendocfc said:

I'm hearing they're back on the blue/blue/red combination they wore at Euro 2016 - just navy instead of royal blue, of course. 

Ugh, not a fan of those. 

i did like all of the pieces of that set, but love having France be traditional in blue white red. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

ussf-kits-full.webp

Looks like there are indeed two different pairs of navy shorts, not only a difference in striping but looks like the home navy is a touch lighter.

I continue to be frustrated by the constant typeface shifts, but I guess that ship has sailed. The current split numbers that the men wear would've been nice here, though.

Otherwise, though, it's a nice set.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived