UnclearInitial

National Teams Soccer Kits 2020

That crest is simply amazing.

The jersey is really beautiful too. Has kind of a harsh, oceanic feel to it; perfect for Iceland.

I bet it'd look even better as a white/gray away kit; it would totally look like the austere wintertime there:

Driving-in-Iceland-in-winter-stories-reviews-and-tips-based-on-experience.jpg.optimal.jpg

Wow that crest is so great it makes me want to become Icelandic. I love how it comes together and the individual pieces can stand alone 

The kit is actually just a standard puma template, but it looks great nonetheless. I fell in love with that crest, too.

I like it for its boldness, but I’m never a fan of crests that you would struggle to know what national team it is. 

9 hours ago, andregunts said:

I like it for its boldness, but I’m never a fan of crests that you would struggle to know what national team it is. 

So, you’d be able to figure identity the Dutch, England, and Japanese crests with no context or knowledge but this crest would be a bridge too far?

The only reason those crests are instantly recognizable now are because of years and years of conditioning to get to this point. This is such a unique mark in the soccer world, people will start making that mental connection at a much greater speed.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:38 AM, GFB said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

love absolutely everything about this, they nailed the crest and it embodies Iceland so well. 

Hm, great jersey, but I'm not sure I'm feeling that crest so much. There are pieces I like, it's close, I like the falcon head. But...it looks like a cross between an e-sports logo, a fake rune from a knockoff Tomb Raider video game, and a weird cult tattoo. 

I'd like to dial back the abstraction just a touch.

what i wrote somewhere else is what ill say again here. every now and then, you come across a logo that is so good it simultaneously makes you want to quit and spend a whole night in the studio. all you can really do is look in awe as it reminds you of why you fell in love with Design in the first place. the concept is clear, the craftsmanship flawless, and it breaks some sort of status quo about the market it lives in. its clever in every detail— each god on one of the four corner flags, c'mon! if we're building a Mt Rushmore for modern sports team branding, Iceland just claimed their place along with the Allouettes and Juventus. i dont know if theres a 4th that can really compete with those 3 right now

This is absolutely fantastic.Unique, meaningful, striking. If I had one nitpick, I'd like to see just a little bit of red incorporated into the design. Wouldn't need to be anything more than this.

THjrSWR.png

The only thing better than that new Iceland crest is the video they used to introduce that new Iceland crest. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

The only thing better than that new Iceland crest is the video they used to introduce that new Iceland crest. 

i can't even name another one of these introductory videos i like. you expect it to be awful but this... this is what it should be. just amazing work

On 7/1/2020 at 6:16 PM, GFB said:

I'm curious if Halldórsson (Iceland NT Goalie) directed this video, because he's working as a filmmaker and done few clips for KSI in past. Btw crest is amazing, home kit also even if this is a template.

I really like it, but there's some off-centering happening that threw me off a bit and I would've liked to see some red. 
KoyvIMS.png

12 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I'm curious if Halldórsson (Iceland NT Goalie) directed this video, because he's working as a filmmaker and done few clips for KSI in past. Btw crest is amazing, home kit also even if this is a template.

According to si.com, he did indeed. 
I wonder if that's Bjork's voice we're hearing .

You can't have something Icelandic without Bjork

On 7/2/2020 at 4:14 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

what i wrote somewhere else is what ill say again here. every now and then, you come across a logo that is so good it simultaneously makes you want to quit and spend a whole night in the studio. all you can really do is look in awe as it reminds you of why you fell in love with Design in the first place. the concept is clear, the craftsmanship flawless, and it breaks some sort of status quo about the market it lives in. its clever in every detail— each god on one of the four corner flags, c'mon! if we're building a Mt Rushmore for modern sports team branding, Iceland just claimed their place along with the Allouettes and Juventus. i dont know if theres a 4th that can really compete with those 3 right now

Whalers?

I’m now concerned Iceland won’t get back to the World Cup... that crest and kit belong there. Errea dropped the ball on their last design.