TheBigFiz21

Kroger with a new logo & slogan

I'm going to missed the classic but I like it they kept it clean & kept the font

Ya, the fact that it's a cleaner version of what they had works for me. The o and g give off an IHOP vibe to me that it didn't before, though.

Yet another mediocre and unnecessary corporate rebrand. Yeah, the new one isn't bad, but did the old one need updating?

They could've at least put it in a damned oval.

Not a fan.  Clean and all that, sure, but devoid of character and charm, just like every other goddamn sterilization of logos these days.

30 minutes ago, CS85 said:

They could've at least put it in a damned oval.

Not a fan.  Clean and all that, sure, but devoid of character and charm, just like every other goddamn sterilization of logos these days.

Exactly. Who's asking for this?

My favorite grocery store of all time successfully transitioned from this:

Wegmans.jpg

to this:

wegmanslogowtag_largeColor.jpg

about 15 years ago, and I fail to see how it was ever an upgrade.

If you're going to hint at the well-recognized design, why not just keep that design? Who wants the "essence" of the Coca-Cola script when you can just have the Coca-Cola script?

Kroger can eat the entirety of my ass. They took over Mariano's and slashed like a third of the inventory to make way for bottled water and Crock-Pots. All the prepared food went off a cliff. What a terrible chain. I don't know what their reputation is in the rest of the country but they seem like the grocery store for people who don't care about food.

44 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Wegmans.jpg

to this:

If you're going to hint at the well-recognized design, why not just keep that design? Who wants the "essence" of the Coca-Cola script when you can just have the Coca-Cola script?

I was actually happy with this. The old wordmark seemed really dated and it didn't match the reputation Wegmans has.

Not sure why but for some reason the stores in my city waited until 2019 to finally update their signage. 

I like the new Kroger branding. Its very crisp and clean. A modern update to their classic look. The "og" almost looks like a smile.

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Wegmans.jpg

to this:

I've never heard of Wegmans before, but I actually am a big fan of that rebrand (except that I will always maintain that slogans shouldn't actually be a part of a logo).

11 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I did a redesign concept several years ago where I tried to modernize the Kroger logo, but based it on the older version seen here:

spacer.png

That might be what they were trying to do here? They definitely went overboard with the simplification and stripped it of any character. Not that the outgoing one was anything special either. They went from outdated and boring, to modern and boring.

My concepts for reference:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

P.S.: F🤬 Kroger. They are a garbage company.

55 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I did a redesign concept several years ago where I tried to modernize the Kroger logo, but based it on the older version seen here:

spacer.png

That might be what they were trying to do here? They definitely went overboard with the simplification and stripped it of any character. Not that the outgoing one was anything special either. They went from outdated and boring, to modern and boring.

My concepts for reference:

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

P.S.: F🤬 Kroger. They are a garbage company.

Very nice and much better than their logo. Has a nice flow and fits better with the original. Something about theirs just seems off. Like it's too wide/stretched and the rounded top of the K isn't as smooth as it could be.

Am I seeing things or is there a weird anglular shift on the new 'K' extension?

It definitely doesn't have the smooth, almost handwriting elegance of the previous 'K'.

It almost looks clumpy. Like two elements were stapled together.