Kroger with a new logo & slogan

TheBigFiz21

Ya, the fact that it's a cleaner version of what they had works for me. The o and g give off an IHOP vibe to me that it didn't before, though.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

They could've at least put it in a damned oval.

Not a fan.  Clean and all that, sure, but devoid of character and charm, just like every other goddamn sterilization of logos these days.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

30 minutes ago, CS85 said:

They could've at least put it in a damned oval.

Not a fan.  Clean and all that, sure, but devoid of character and charm, just like every other goddamn sterilization of logos these days.

Exactly. Who's asking for this?

My favorite grocery store of all time successfully transitioned from this:

Wegmans.jpg

to this:

wegmanslogowtag_largeColor.jpg

about 15 years ago, and I fail to see how it was ever an upgrade.

If you're going to hint at the well-recognized design, why not just keep that design? Who wants the "essence" of the Coca-Cola script when you can just have the Coca-Cola script?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Kroger can eat the entirety of my ass. They took over Mariano's and slashed like a third of the inventory to make way for bottled water and Crock-Pots. All the prepared food went off a cliff. What a terrible chain. I don't know what their reputation is in the rest of the country but they seem like the grocery store for people who don't care about food.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

44 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Wegmans.jpg

to this:

If you're going to hint at the well-recognized design, why not just keep that design? Who wants the "essence" of the Coca-Cola script when you can just have the Coca-Cola script?

I was actually happy with this. The old wordmark seemed really dated and it didn't match the reputation Wegmans has.

Not sure why but for some reason the stores in my city waited until 2019 to finally update their signage. 

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Wegmans.jpg

to this:

I've never heard of Wegmans before, but I actually am a big fan of that rebrand (except that I will always maintain that slogans shouldn't actually be a part of a logo).

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

11 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I did a redesign concept several years ago where I tried to modernize the Kroger logo, but based it on the older version seen here:

spacer.png

That might be what they were trying to do here? They definitely went overboard with the simplification and stripped it of any character. Not that the outgoing one was anything special either. They went from outdated and boring, to modern and boring.

My concepts for reference:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

P.S.: F🤬 Kroger. They are a garbage company.

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I did a redesign concept several years ago where I tried to modernize the Kroger logo, but based it on the older version seen here:

spacer.png

That might be what they were trying to do here? They definitely went overboard with the simplification and stripped it of any character. Not that the outgoing one was anything special either. They went from outdated and boring, to modern and boring.

My concepts for reference:

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

P.S.: F🤬 Kroger. They are a garbage company.

Very nice and much better than their logo. Has a nice flow and fits better with the original. Something about theirs just seems off. Like it's too wide/stretched and the rounded top of the K isn't as smooth as it could be.

Am I seeing things or is there a weird anglular shift on the new 'K' extension?

It definitely doesn't have the smooth, almost handwriting elegance of the previous 'K'.

It almost looks clumpy. Like two elements were stapled together.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 3:25 PM, VDizzle12 said:

I was actually happy with this. The old wordmark seemed really dated and it didn't match the reputation Wegmans has.

Not sure why but for some reason the stores in my city waited until 2019 to finally update their signage. 

One near me also waited until recently to change.  I like the old logo better, but I do need to admit that the new one - and their overall branding in general - has been a home run, and definitely makes it seem like "more" than just a grocery store... which, of course, it is.  Just sucks (for me) that they pussed out on their "urban format" strategy, and bailed on a deal to open one just a few blocks from me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived