Possible New New York Red Bulls logo?

Dilbert

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Eh, I’m not entirely sold on the transit options up to Inwood.

It’s got access to the river, the Metro North, I-87, and you could easily run shuttle buses from 207. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s not centrally located, but it could work. And being able (barely) to say you play in Manhattan is pretty cool, only Knicks and Rangers can say that.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inwood is, as you rightly note, barely Manhattan.  😛

I just don’t think the subway coverage is great, which is far more important than an interstate or Metro-North.  Would it be awful?  No.   But the site suffers in comparison to either Sunnyside Yards or Yankee Stadium. 

If the leak is legit, this would be the fifth primary logo this club has had in its history. Does anyone else think the "Y" kind of looks like a "J" to some extent?

On 11/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, Around the Horn said:

They should really just go back to Metro Stars...

Couldn't agree more!

On 11/16/2019 at 11:53 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Right, but that difficulty of building a stadium within New York City would presumably function as an incentive to pursue agreements with universities, where stadiums already exist.

Anyway, Sunnyside Yards would be the perfect spot for a new stadium (and it's even a great name). The area is rich in public transit access; and there are plenty of nearby pubs and restaurants into which a stadium would inject loads of new business. One could easily imagine a Seattle- or Vancouver-style "March to the Match" taking place from Long Island City and Astoria to the stadium.

But my question on this is still... how many universities are located in decent locations for this, AND need a 25,000-seat stadium they don't control (or at least rent money)? Not many that I'm aware of!

Similarly, with something like Sunnyside Yards: again it makes a ton of sense to we the potential patrons, but the costs of a project like that are going to be enormous, and between that and the shortage of housing and office space in cramped east coast cities, I'm not sure that a stadium will ever be more profitable to a developer than putting up more high-rent towers would be.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 hours ago, Digby said:

I'm not sure that a stadium will ever be more profitable to a developer than putting up more high-rent towers would be.

True, but the city won’t let developers just put up high-rent towers.  There has to be multiple use facilities in order to get project approval.  When Sunnyside Yards is covered and developed, it will be by retail and schools and parks and housing of all kinds.  And maybe, just maybe, a stadium.  

Archived