Clintau24

College Baseball 2020

It’s close, but it predates ASU’s use of that font since Arizona’s been using that number font since at least 2010. Interestingly enough, Arizona used to use two different number fonts on their jerseys. Their home whites and road grays used a block font while the red and blue alternates used the font now on all four jerseys. 

6 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

It’s close, but it predates ASU’s use of that font since Arizona’s been using that number font since at least 2010. Interestingly enough, Arizona used to use two different number fonts on their jerseys. Their home whites and road grays used a block font while the red and blue alternates used the font now on all four jerseys. 

I really think its the exact same number font. I've just spent a little more time (quickly) looking at photos on google and i'm struggling to find the difference.

And you're absolutely right about UofA predating ASU's use of the font. I just found a media guide from 2010 for UofA baseball with photos of their uniforms from 2009 with that exact same font, also saw the block font used for the home whites. 

https://arizona_ftp.sidearmsports.com/old_site/pdf/m-basebl/10-m-basbl-mg-review-opp.pdf

and ASU goes thru a rebrand in 2011

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/663122-asu-football-new-uniforms-fear-the-fork-in-2011

Shame on ASU, with all of the hype and media marketing speak about the importance of "brand" and "unique fonts" and other BS for them to use the same custom font their rival uses looks lazy and pathetic. Its one thing to use the same standard block font as everyone but completely different to hype up your new identity as being unique and superior when it copies another organization, let alone your rival. 

Texas A&M's uniforms are mostly the same from last season. Most of the uniforms will be a pullover. The buttons have been removed from the top and been replaced with a collar that matches the sleeve stripe pattern.

2019 Uniform

Auburn debuted their new pinstripes last night, which are a big time upgrade with the new orange details added.

EQxu2gQVAAAvmfa?format=jpg

Previous version

Image result for auburn baseball pinstripe

The Tigers also resurrected the white-crown hat that has been mothballed since 2013. All these years later and I still hate it. As much as I love white helmets for football, I despise white headwear for baseball. Thankfully the white batting helmets didn't make a return as well.

Image result for auburn baseball

hIMbxvW.jpg

14 minutes ago, See Red said:

EQ3UNIFWkAY8Uij?format=jpg&name=small

That might be my favorite 2020 college baseball jersey (just learned it's only a throwback)...the fake buttons are weird, but that script/number combo is fantastic. The reveal video doesn't show it paired with the old UF hat, which is too bad. 

A lot of college baseball jerseys are obviously forced to use the wordmarks and branding outlined in the athletics' style guide...but we've seen time and time again that the best jerseys are the ones that stray from the traditional wordmarks. 

Texas A&M busted out a surprise new look today. An all maroon uniform with white pinstripes. I'm not a fan

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

That might be my favorite 2020 college baseball jersey (just learned it's only a throwback)...the fake buttons are weird, but that script/number combo is fantastic. The reveal video doesn't show it paired with the old UF hat, which is too bad. 

A lot of college baseball jerseys are obviously forced to use the wordmarks and branding outlined in the athletics' style guide...but we've seen time and time again that the best jerseys are the ones that stray from the traditional wordmarks. 

The video shows a blue hat with the modern F on it, but they actually went white hat/blue bill, which is unfortunate.  Looked better with the blue helmet.  What it really needs is a blue hat with the old block F or block UF logo.

EQ8AWiHUwAACnfU?format=jpg&name=medium

EQ8AS96U4AEWhO3?format=jpg&name=medium

On 2/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, Clintau24 said:

Auburn debuted their new pinstripes last night, which are a big time upgrade with the new orange details added.

EQxu2gQVAAAvmfa?format=jpg

Previous version

Image result for auburn baseball pinstripe

The Tigers also resurrected the white-crown hat that has been mothballed since 2013. All these years later and I still hate it. As much as I love white helmets for football, I despise white headwear for baseball. Thankfully the white batting helmets didn't make a return as well.

Image result for auburn baseball

hIMbxvW.jpg

I'm with you on these.  I don't like white hats anyway but especially with pin stripe unis.  It's kinda something that annoys me in baseball. 

LIU BLUE JERSEYS!!!! 😍 And a gold brim on the hat!  My only gripe is that the LIU looks a bit small, but this is glorious.

LIU_v_USC_Upstate_Day_2_0381.jpg?mode=ma

LIU_v_USC_Upstate_Day_2_0353.jpg?mode=ma

Slight changes to Oregon State's white and orange uniforms:

spacer.png

New white

spacer.png

Old white

spacer.png

New orange

spacer.png

Old orange

While I like the removal of the gold outline in the numbers on both jerseys, I feel like these are a downgrade especially the orange ones. The black jersey is the same as last year but no news yet on the grays.

7 hours ago, plobrien said:

I'd say the white is an upgrade (never liked how the Beavs used gold), while losing the Beavers script on the orange is a downgrade, but man oh man, I can't believe they're still using that placeholder cap logo from their rebrand 7 whole years ago

18 minutes ago, radchad said:

I'd say the white is an upgrade (never liked how the Beavs used gold), while losing the Beavers script on the orange is a downgrade, but man oh man, I can't believe they're still using that placeholder cap logo from their rebrand 7 whole years ago

I think they were trying to keep this hat logo somewhat in tact, but failed, as the older one (which had been used since the early 90s, if not earlier) is better.

5a595a411527d.image.jpg?resize=1200,816

11 hours ago, plobrien said:

New white

spacer.png

Wonder if we'll see goofy templates like this in MLB for the 2021 season?

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

The newest baseball template from Nike doesn't have all the goofy seams and nonsense

Image result for nike vapor prime 2.0 uniform

If anything, they'd be smart to build off of this template. Which knowing Nike means they'll find a way to not. 

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Had Arizona still had that sleeve design I could see this used for that but the Vapor Untouchable that Ohio State is using for their white and red jerseys this year looks more like a Majestic jersey than a continuation of this template. Which is great because the white jerseys had that sleeve insert in red rather than matching the rest of the jersey. Dezenzo_Zach_1185-1.jpg

Ohio State Buckeyes

Their grey jerseys are still the previous model.

Loncar_Wyatt_2539-2.jpg

On 11/11/2019 at 7:22 AM, Clintau24 said:

Auburn is reportedly planning to add a new hat to the rotation this year, with the "Sailor Aubie" logo being placed on a blue hat with an orange brim.

This will be the first time since 2010 that Auburn wore something other than the AU logo on a hat, when a block-A was used as a throwback cap. The AU has been utilized on baseball hats since 1990.

This needs to go on a blue football helmet as a fauxback.  It's excellent.

Do Nike authentics have the long tail like the Majestics?