MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

Chicago's kits got leaked again today.

Honestly, I think they both look pretty tight. Somehow, somewhat, makes up for how awful the crest is. Not really, but I dig the cuffs.

But they say they're for 2021? Does that mean that one of them we get and another placeholder? It feels that considering their color scheme changed, they ought to have two new kits. Anybody hear anything about that, whether or not they're getting two new kits or just one as usual for the MLS cycle? 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

Chicago's kits got leaked again today.

Honestly, I think they both look pretty tight. Somehow, somewhat, makes up for how awful the crest is. Not really, but I dig the cuffs.

But they say they're for 2021? Does that mean that one of them we get and another placeholder? It feels that considering their color scheme changed, they ought to have two new kits. Anybody hear anything about that, whether or not they're getting two new kits or just one as usual for the MLS cycle? 

Since it's a rebrand I'd expect 2 new kits and then they keep the home kit for next season (2021). Does this mean they're exempted from the shoulder loops too? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Since it's a rebrand I'd expect 2 new kits and then they keep the home kit for next season (2021). Does this mean they're exempted from the shoulder loops too? 

We don't know.  Miami is getting one kit with and one kit without, only one Nashville kit has been possibly leaked so far, and it's without.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

We don't know.  Miami is getting one kit with and one kit without, only one Nashville kit has been possibly leaked so far, and it's without.

Miami and Nashville are both essentially using last year’s Adidas template for their primaries, with the only differences being the new ‘Aeroready’ fabric and new authenticity tag. We already know Miami’s secondary follows this year’s template with the shoulder stripes, and it seems like a pretty safe bet that Nashville’s secondary will as well. If I had to guess I’d say they’ll both keep their secondaries and get new primaries next year that follows Adidas’ 2021 template. Cincy is in a similar situation since they’re getting two new kits this year as well. Their new secondary is on last year’s template (again, with the updated fabric and authenticity tag), while their new primary (whether it’s the leaked design or not) will almost surely have the shoulder stripes. They’re replacing one kit next year, and it sounds like that’ll be the primary.

As for Chicago, I don’t think we’ll be seeing either of the “leaked” kit designs this year (if they’re even real at all). They could get two new kits this year, but from what I’ve read on reddit and some other message boards it sounds like the Fire were rushed and/or delayed in getting the new logo to Adidas, so it’s very possible their kits will be placeholders this year. According to FH (and I feel like I’ve seen this info somewhere else, too) their primary for this year will be red, and if I had to guess I’d say it’ll be pretty simple with a red base and navy accents, probably on this year’s template with the shoulder stripes. And then it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if their secondary is the same as last year, but with the new crest:

spacer.png

In any case, I think it’s likely they’ll get two new kits in 2021 that are more custom and tailored to their new crest and brand identity.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Confirmation that RSL is (finally) going back to blue shorts for their new primaries:

This teaser also gives us a first look at what the shorts and socks will look like for the kits with the shoulder stripes. The shorts have the same cut as the regular Condivo 20 shorts, but it looks like they will indeed be plain and without the three stripes. The socks are Adidas’ new “3 Stripe Hoop” design:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

This teaser also gives us a first look at what the shorts and socks will look like for the kits with the shoulder stripes. The shorts have the same cut as the regular Condivo 20 shorts, but it looks like they will indeed be plain and without the three stripes. The socks are Adidas’ new “3 Stripe Hoop” design:

spacer.png

Man, those are some nice baseball socks. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The Fire crest would look less awful from afar if the symbol was in the shape of an actual Chicago flag star

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I like those big-ass soccer shirts. While you can't tell what the players had for lunch (especially with current Puma shirts), they do look more comfortable to wear. Especially for chubby American soccer fans. Also, because they're baggy, they create movement when players are running up and down the field; kind of the same effect you get from pro wrestlers with long hair in the 80s and 90s.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Here’s a peek at the number font in action, from NYCFC’s friendly. 

spacer.png

Another notable thing from that friendly is the lack of MLS badges on NYCFC’s shirts. Since the right sleeve is now open to sleeve sponsors, I’m thinking teams will now be issued shirts without the MLS badge on them, with it being the responsibility of the EQ staffs to apply the badge to the left sleeve (and the sponsor logo on the right sleeve if the club has a sponsorship deal). If that’s the case the MLS badge will likely just be a heat transfer rather than the sewn-on application on last year’s jerseys. Since the NYCFC shirts here don’t have the MLS badges, it looks like teams will even be issued new versions of last year’s shirts with plain sleeves. This shot of Cincinnati’s new secondaries seems to show the possible new application of the MLS badge:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

42 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Another notable thing from that friendly is the lack of MLS badges on NYCFC’s shirts. Since the right sleeve is now open to sleeve sponsors, I’m thinking teams will now be issued shirts without the MLS badge on them, with it being the responsibility of the EQ staffs to apply the badge to the left sleeve (and the sponsor logo on the right sleeve if the club has a sponsorship deal). If that’s the case the MLS badge will likely just be a heat transfer rather than the sewn-on application on last year’s jerseys. Since the NYCFC shirts here don’t have the MLS badges, it looks like teams will even be issued new versions of last year’s shirts with plain sleeves. This shot of Cincinnati’s new secondaries seems to show the possible new application of the MLS badge:

spacer.png

New York needs to use white numbers or they'll disappear on small screens. I wonder if we'll see the new sleeve sponsors during the kit release.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

New York needs to use white numbers or they'll disappear on small screens. I wonder if we'll see the new sleeve sponsors during the kit release.

I think navy is better than white.  

Not sure NYCFC has announced a sleeve sponsor - might not have one. 

Archived