MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

39 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

After seeing more images of the league font, I still think it’s absolutely terrible. Look how small the numbers look on the back of the shirts.

I think they’re the same size, just doesn’t look good with the NOB space empty. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The numbers are thicker, to be sure, but I’m not sure they’re more squat.  Will have to get a better look. 

Compare the new ones to the old. The old font was definitely more vertical and skinny. Look at #24 on NYC above. The 2’s proportions are much closer to a square than the old font.

For comparison:

spacer.png

RIP, MLS font circa 2013-2019. I shall miss you. You helped usher the league into an era of professionalism. Now, it looks like we’ve been relegated down to the third division.

spacer.pngOrlando shorts and socks. 

spacer.png

New England shorts, socks, dark blue trim and neck for kit.  

spacer.pngspacer.png

Seattle shorts, socks, green of kit

spacer.png

Miami shorts with some filter on the frame. Socks looked all white. 

Keep an eye out in the next day or so as media days stuff expands and more people are around players barely hiding their kits. 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s another shot of the new font:

I think that looks dope. I really don't understand, personally, why the font is getting so much trash. I understand in that I know why people are saying it, I just completely disagree.

spacer.png

Happy that more of the kit talk is finally coming with real news.

Hoping to see what LAFC does with theirs. I bought the first home kit out of obligation but not particularly because I liked the style, so I'm hoping whatever they trot out this year I actually 

*like* the way it looks.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, KitLeakBoi said:

Orlando shorts and socks. 

New England shorts, socks, dark blue trim and neck for kit. 

Seattle shorts, socks, green of kit

Miami shorts with some filter on the frame. Socks looked all white. 

Keep an eye out in the next day or so as media days stuff expands and more people are around players barely hiding their kits. 

Orlando’s primaries are the same as last year, so nothing new there. Nice job getting screenshots of the others, though. Media Days are always a great chance to get some clues and leaks of the new kits. I like what I’m seeing so far from New England, as the red shorts are a nice fauxback to their inaugural kits. The white stripes on Seattle’s socks are a positive development as well, as I’ve never really liked the blue Adidas stripes on their rave green, and thought the white stripes on their inaugural kits looked way better. The all-white for Miami isn’t surprising, but still a bit disappointing. Pink shorts really would’ve gone a long way towards spicing up their primaries a little.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, WarriorFight said:

I think that looks dope. I really don't understand, personally, why the font is getting so much trash. I understand in that I know why people are saying it, I just completely disagree.

I don't think it's terrible (outside of the log being in the middle of each number...i assume we'll get a "symbolizing a league on the rise" type explanation) it's just not as clean as the previous one and doesn't quite fit into the league wide branding as well as the other one did. Granted with all the 25 years stuff it could look better when all is said and done...but i'm not holding my breath. 

6 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Oh man....a wing...?????

Looks like you can just barely see a tiny piece of the wing design in the bottom right corner of that image. It’ll probably look pretty similar to their original wing kit, with the wing likely being a tad smaller.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

Looks like you can just barely see a tiny piece of the wing design in the bottom right corner of that image. It’ll probably look pretty similar to their original wing kit, with the wing likely being a tad smaller.

I'm okay with a smaller wing. Just getting the wing back is going to be amazing. Plus, it looks like they made the gray darker and a little more of a cool gray.

spacer.png

Archived