MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I’m almost to the point where I wish NYCFC was due for a primary shirt instead of a clash shirt; I’d love to see those three shoulder stripes in navy on a sky blue shirt. 

The shoulder stripes are growing on me a little bit, but if I were you I’d feel lucky that NYCFC isn’t due for a new primary on this template, especially since you guys have one of the best current primaries in the league IMO. As a Portland fan I’m really glad the Timbers aren’t due for a new primary this year, as I’d much rather be stuck with a secondary with the shoulder stripes than a primary, and they have one of, if not the best current primary kit as well. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Is the silver included as a 25th anniversary thing? It has me confused. It's not one of the Galaxy's colors, right?

That’s correct, the silver is for the 25th anniversary (the silver anniversary). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I like the design well enough, but the lack of team colors anywhere besides the printing is not a good idea. Silver??? The logos are so disconnected that, bizarrely, it looks like a teamwear shirt that the corner shop printed on, despite being a clearly bespoke design.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The shoulder stripes are growing on me a little bit, but if I were you I’d feel lucky that NYCFC isn’t due for a new primary on this template, especially since you guys have one of the best current primaries in the league IMO.

Agreed, but that's going away next year anyway.

I wonder if I'll like next year's template for NYCFC's primary shirt as much as I do this year's.  That's what I meant.

33 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Agreed, but that's going away next year anyway.

I wonder if I'll like next year's template for NYCFC's primary shirt as much as I do this year's.  That's what I meant.

Yeah I get that. Next year’s template should at least have a more normal three stripe application, but who knows what the cut will look like and what collar/cuff stylings there’ll be.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Looks like the Galaxy have just gone ahead and used the Chicharito announcement as a soft launch of their new primary kit, as they’re not shying away from using the pics of him in the new kit on their social media channels:

They haven’t formally acknowledged the new kit yet, though, despite showing it off in the images of Chicharito. And so far they’re only selling the secondary shirt with Chicharito’s name/number:

https://www.mlsstore.com/la-galaxy/jerseys/t-14899126+d-81552037+z-989-3043843069?_s=bm-LAGalaxy-LAGX-MLS_Chicharito-Editorial-12120

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That LA kit looks a helluva lot better in real life compared to the EA Sports FIFA leak. It’s a really clean look. We’re so accustomed to LA sporting a navy sash that it looks a bit different, but we have to remember they’ve worn these non-sash designs over the years (not to mention the yellow and green era). I kinda like alluding to the sash while doing something different.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Screw what Beckham wants. The last thing that Inter Miami needs is to become a tribute to the wants, desires and image of David Beckham. The guy has been milking the $25 million MLS expansion buy-in option that was part of his LA Galaxy contract long enough.

One of the advantages of ownership is picking how you want your team to look. 

15 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

So, in short form...

Welcome to the Club. At some point we run out of colors that look good together man, don't take it personally.

Nashville has also been an all yellow team from inception, whereas Columbus just kind of rolled in to it after the first 5 years of black and white with yellow trim of some sort. some people forget that this isn't a made from scratch team, Nashville has been around a little bit. At kleast Columbus has the better looking shade of yellow. 

Image result for 1999 columbus crew uniform

Image result for nashville sc

Related image

21 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Every year when I look at new kits from big brands like Adidas, Puma or Nike I have the same impression like others that clubs have nothing to say about design and they just need to accept whatever brands give them to wear. Look at infamous Condivo 18 or Tiro 19 template. Different thing is with smaller brands like Macron, Joma, Errea. It look like they give clubs more creative power over design.

I think it depends on the owner. I think Arthur Blank cares more about teh five stripes being on every kit than Jimmy Haslem cares about what shade of yellow gets used. TrustFund really didn't seem to care about anything that the Crew wore and the Hunt's authorized the "piss stain" kit that copied the city flag colors and that was as close as they came to matching anything about the city on that one. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Nashville has also been an all yellow team from inception, whereas Columbus just kind of rolled in to it after the first 5 years of black and white with yellow trim of some sort. some people forget that this isn't a made from scratch team, Nashville has been around a little bit.

An inception that came about over a decade after Columbus adopted its signature kits.

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Came here to post this. 

I shouldn’t like it, but I really do. The discordant angled lines play very well together. 

I’m almost to the point where I wish NYCFC was due for a primary shirt instead of a clash shirt; I’d love to see those three shoulder stripes in dark blue on a sky blue shirt.  Not as excited about white on navy. 

Agreed. I shouldn't like it, but I really do. Dare I say it looks classy? It's like a more-adorned Real Madrid shirt which is fitting for Galaxy, all things considered.

They're going to sell a million of those. I'm not going to be one of those purchases, though I kind of want one.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

52 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

An inception that came about over a decade after Columbus adopted its signature kits.

Yup. I hope Nashville ditches all yellow, but I'll only complain if they wear it at a Columbus home game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Except, as discussed previously, this isn't Major League Soccer's 25th anniversary season. The year 2020 marks the league's 25th annual MLS campaign and its 24th anniversary season.

Sorry, but no one cares.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Jimmy Haslem cares about what shade of yellow gets used. TrustFund really didn't seem to care about anything that the Crew wore and the Hunt's authorized the "piss stain" kit that copied the city flag colors and that was as close as they came to matching anything about the city on that one. 

I'm not sure what you are saying here but I just want to clarify that Haslem didn't own the team when they wore those. It was precourt

14 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

I'm not sure what you are saying here but I just want to clarify that Haslem didn't own the team when they wore those. It was precourt

I'm just saying I don't think Haslem worries about uniforms. I'm aware he wasn't on board when that kit was worn. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This might be more of a concepts post even though I don't have any actual concepts but while we're on the discussion of MLS teams sharing colors I think almost every MLS team could have an independent signature look or just distinctive colors if they just kept some tradition. 

Atlanta- Red/black stripes

Austin- (this one idrk) but a green shirt black shorts would work

Chicago- Red shirt with white chest stripe

Colorado- Maroon with white sleeves

Columbus- all yellow

DC- all black

Dallas- red and white hoops

Cincinnati- Blue and orange stripes or hoops

Houston- Orange and white

Miami- Black and Pink

LA Galaxy- white with blue slash

LAFC- Black and gold

Minnesota- Grey with Blue slash or wing design

Montreal- Blue and black stripes

Nashville- Yellow shirt Navy Shorts

New England- all navy

New York Red Bulls- White with red sleeves

NYCFC- Light Blue with white shorts

Orlando- All purple

Philadelphia- Navy with Gold center stripe down the middle

Portland- all dark green

Salt Lake- Red shirt, blue sleeves

San Jose- Blue Shirt black shorts

Seattle- Green Shirt, blue shorts

Kansas City- Light blue shirt, navy shorts

Toronto FC- all red

Vancover- white shirt, navy shorts

On 1/20/2020 at 1:37 PM, Brian in Boston said:

It's especially disheartening given how sharp Sporting Kansas City has looked in previous seasons.

I was particularly fond of these jerseys...

3n6uGZ9m.jpg 9fedEN0m.jpg 

My dad got me the argyle jersey for Christmas one year. I didn't get it until May because they were so popular they couldn't keep them in stock. I remember being told by somebody from SKC that the jersey that was 1/4 indigo was something that they had to fight with Adidas to get made, so maybe they got tired of fighting with them or Adidas just refused to be flexible or something.

I wish I had gotten the long-sleeved version though, because that design looked really good that way. I also wish I were as handsome as Graham Zusi, but that's not feasible.

iE6Yfwl.jpg

I am a huge fan of gold jerseys when they're done right. It's a personal love of mine. Nashville blew it, which is really embarrassing considering the Predators do an okay job with it (design is boring but they at least use a beautiful shade of gold). The radioactive banana (I'm on the bandwagon) is offensive, disgusting, hideous, and without merit.

My favorite gold uniforms in soccer might be the clash set that Colorado had for a while. This is what I would rip-off as soon as possible if I were suddenly in charge of Nashville's branding for some reason. But maybe it's just because they reminded me of the X-Men.

FRwViGQ.jpg

JBBWUH6.jpg

Archived