MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

The MLS All-Star Game this year will be the MLS All-Stars vs the LigaMX All-Stars. Question is do the MX All-Stars get the jersey treatment via adidas or do the go the MLB route and have players wear their standard kits? (Assuming the MLS side keeps the All-Star Jersey thing going)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WBeltz said:

The MLS All-Star Game this year will be the MLS All-Stars vs the LigaMX All-Stars. Question is do the MX All-Stars get the jersey treatment via adidas or do the go the MLB route and have players wear their standard kits? (Assuming the MLS side keeps the All-Star Jersey thing going)

I have a feeling that adidas will give them a Mexico style knockoff kit for the game and the MLS will look like an adidas version of the US national team. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/19/2019 at 1:56 PM, WBeltz said:

First teaser for FC Cincinnati. White change kits looks like it’ll stay, but might be a bit less bland.

I love that they're teasing the diamonds. Their USL look was much better than their first MLS set, with the exception of the crest. And hopefully that IS the motto, because "Ignite Unite" is really...stupid.

Hoping the mainly all white road uniforms go away except for the teams that have white as one of their main colors or primary or secondary uni's, like the two LA's, Whitecaps, Dallas etc.

Looking forward to the MLS Liga MX All Star game, fingers crossed for a good look!

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Hearing red shirts again for Chicago, which is better for their blue badges but still not very good.

EKAPeveWkAUK2IX.jpg

I enjoy seeing this graphic as it continues to evolve.

Suggestion: Add a star for the current league champion! And nope, I'm not saying that for any reason in particular :)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Suggestion: Add a star for the current league champion! And nope, I'm not saying that for any reason in particular :)

😡

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this apparent leak of the Galaxy's new primary kit making the rounds on Reddit:

spacer.png

Per the comments section, sounds like the typical blue sash has been swapped out for a silver one to commemorate the Galaxy's 25th season, and the three short stripes to the left of the collar are part of a new, league-wide motif that references an early '90s Adidas template. I doubt the Galaxy could have refused the stripes if they're something that Adidas has imposed onto all MLS kits debuting this upcoming season, but I don't understand why the team would agree to muddy up their established brand with a silver sash that won't be removed until 2022. Emphasizing silver to this degree in observance of a "silver anniversary" is a bit extra, and it might even be reckless for the Galaxy to put out this bland primary kit that lacks any blue or gold outside of the Adidas, Galaxy and Herbalife logos considering the splash that LAFC's streetwear-friendly brand has made in LA in just the past few years.

Also, the Adidas stripes look especially weird in this leak since silver isn't a primary team color and the secondary kit from last season doesn't have them. Things might look disjointed next season too unless kits that debut in 2021 also have the shoulder stripes.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:10 AM, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Saw this apparent leak of the Galaxy's new primary kit making the rounds on Reddit:

spacer.png

Per the comments section, sounds like the typical blue sash has been swapped out for a silver one to commemorate the Galaxy's 25th season, and the three short stripes to the left of the collar are part of a new, league-wide motif that references an early '90s Adidas template. I doubt the Galaxy could have refused the stripes if they're something that Adidas has imposed onto all MLS kits debuting this upcoming season, but I don't understand why the team would agree to muddy up their established brand with a silver sash that won't be removed until 2022. Emphasizing silver to this degree in observance of a "silver anniversary" is a bit extra, and it might even be reckless for the Galaxy to put out this bland primary kit that lacks any blue or gold outside of the Adidas, Galaxy and Herbalife logos considering the splash that LAFC's streetwear-friendly brand has made in LA in just the past few years.

Also, the Adidas stripes look especially weird in this leak since silver isn't a primary team color and the secondary kit from last season doesn't have them. Things might look disjointed next season too unless kits that debut in 2021 also have the shoulder stripes.

That's a lifestyle design from 2 seasons ago. Expect any adidas MLS kit to suffer from the oversized sleeve cuffs this year.

Related image

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I doubt it -- I think it's more like Cincinnati got stuck with the short lead time and thus they had two pub-league teamwear kits last year. Makes sense they would get special dispensation from the usual kit rotation to replace both kits with something more bespoke and with the usual on-pitch accoutrements. I never knew why Minnesota didn't get that same treatment, and wore that godawful original white kit for a second season.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I see we're continuing with the nonsensical naming of kits, then -- the "heritage" b.s. is poured on a little thick, such a pet peeve of mine. But! It does look very nice. Yes there are a lot of white kits in MLS, but royal blue and orange make for an ideal trim pairing to make a white shirt look nice. Such a relief to have binned last year's shirt that they got printed in some guy's garage printshop.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived