MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas looks to be the same pattern as the River Plate third. Would have been better with white hoops but it’s still nice.

Minnesota and Orlando are the best ones. I can see both the LAFC and Atlanta kits selling like hotcakes. Don’t quite understand the center stripe on Cincinnati, probably lifted directly from Juve this season but at that point why not make it orange?

The biggest fault of most of these is the template though. Hard to make a pattern look good when it stops so awkwardly below the neck 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

7 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Dallas looks to be the same pattern as the River Plate third. Would have been better with white hoops but it’s still nice.

Minnesota and Orlando are the best ones. I can see both the LAFC and Atlanta kits selling like hotcakes. Don’t quite understand the center stripe on Cincinnati, probably lifted directly from Juve this season but at that point why not make it orange?

The biggest fault of most of these is the template though. Hard to make a pattern look good when it stops so awkwardly below the neck 

I will say that is probably the biggest problem. For some of them, it works out fine. Like Colorado, Minnesota, DC/Miami & Orlando its fine. The rest are in between OK and bad.

I can't wait to hear what TFC says the random line patterns on that jersey are supposed to be. Not great, not great at all.

O well at least Minnesota finally gets their wing.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

So, we can always hope that MLS and adidas are saving the good-looking jerseys for next year's 25th anniversary season, right? 😜 (Couldn't resist.)

Seriously, I wouldn't spend a dime on any of these jerseys. As several members of the community have pointed out, this template is a train wreck. The super-wide collar and cuffs? The awkward transition between the yoke and the torso? The mandatory triple-stripe on the right shoulder? Frankly, they all add up to egregiously bad over-design. Factor in other questionable design elements employed by the individual teams (NYCFC opting for white over sky blue or orange as an accent color... over-the-top sublimation patterns in markets like Columbus, Houston, and Salt Lake... whatever the hell New England and San Jose were thinking), and you wind up with a sartorial s**tshow.

I mean, when you can't even manage to get the long awaited return of "The Wing" to the kit of Minnesota United FC quite right ("Let's design the loon's wing to look as though it was crudely painted onto a surface... you know, 'cause it'll be edgy!)... that's the definition of a "c**k-up". 

I'm just not feeling this at all. It's a really bad template. The collar and sleeve cuffs are way too thick. The 3 stripes are a nice idea on paper but, I dunno, it's just not working for me here. This is a hard pass from me.

XM4KeeA.png

That FC Cincinnati jersey is simply unpurchasable. And those stripes on the shoulder are unacceptable. 

I was hoping the home shirt would be better than the white one so I could finally buy an FCC jersey, but looks like I'll be waiting until next season. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

43 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Another thing that bugs me about these: The application of one-color logos on some of these seems random and, in every case, unnecessary.

That’s my one gripe about the Timbers shirt. I’m really happy with everything else about it, but I would’ve much preferred the regularly colored crest instead of the green and white version.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I still like Galaxy, and I think San Jose, New England and especially Minnesota are all really nice.

The template is dragging down a lot of these, and sticking so close to the Adidas teamwear catalogue is a bummer too.

But if they have to be generic templated sets, a lot of these do an admirable job as generic templated sets.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Official teaser for the new Timbers secondary:

This shot differs from the leak we saw earlier. Looks like the pattern inside the faint hoops is actually a wood grain pattern, which makes it even better IMO. The leaked replica posted by TSC must’ve been either an early prototype or a mockup. This shot does confirm the monochrome crest that was seen in the leak earlier.

Edit- The Timbers’ twitter account confirmed that the pattern in the replica leaked by TSC isn’t accurate:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'm really hoping the authentics present better than the replicas. Let's just look for a moment at two of the kits that many of you still seem to like, Minnesota and New England.

Is it me, or do the gray and navy on the shoulders appear to be a darker shade than the colors on the chest? I'm sure they're different fabric textures, but it really enhances the impression that they just don't belong together. 

Man, this template is just not doing it for me. Only one that really works is DC since it looks like a throwback, but honestly the last time when a majority of the league had unique designs on a decent looking template had to be 2014 or so when the Timbers had their red and black gradient kit, the beautiful third kit, the Fire had the black fan-designed jersey and so on. I don't hate Adidas, far from it, but these past few seasons have really killed my excitement.

28 minutes ago, Bonnaroo42 said:

Man, this template is just not doing it for me. Only one that really works is DC since it looks like a throwback, but honestly the last time when a majority of the league had unique designs on a decent looking template had to be 2014 or so when the Timbers had their red and black gradient kit, the beautiful third kit, the Fire had the black fan-designed jersey and so on. I don't hate Adidas, far from it, but these past few seasons have really killed my excitement.

I've felt the same and I'm trying to pinpoint why -- fewer unique away looks, fewer team-specific designs as opposed to recycles, and we're down to just one collar and cut instead of, like, 3 of each.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived