WarriorFight

MLS Kits, 2020

13 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

It's a really nice, simple (inoffensive, perhaps?) jersey design with an incredibly terrible crest. Put a better logo on it — hell, put the previous Fire logo on it — and it would be fine. 

As an away kit, sure. The Fire should never have a primary kit that’s not red.

Overall, this is just a terrible showing by Adidas in MLS this year. There may be a handful of shirts that look okay to good. Most are below average.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh.  

Even setting aside my feelings for the new Fire logo, that's a really bad look.  A blue badge on a blue shirt with only a thin red line to separate them?  The badge just gets lost. 

Then again, bringing my feelings for the new Fire logo back into it, maybe that's not such a bad thing after all.

Agreed......

Then again, that logo is so bad that it's a positive that it's lost in there. :lol:

Why not make the three shoulder stripes gold on the LAFC shirt? Seems like an obvious way to make a drab shirt pop. 

48 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

As an away kit, sure. The Fire should never have a primary kit that’s not red.

Let alone a red kit without that white chest stripe.

Remember when the Fire were mucking around with blue chest stripes a couple years ago and everyone hated it so much that they went back to the white one but apparently forgot all those lessons a few years after that?

When I first saw the new sounders kit I was very annoyed they were doing stacked stars but then I saw this today. Star-Explained.jpg?null

I guess they'll go next to each other next season.

10 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

When I first saw the new sounders kit I was very annoyed they were doing stacked stars but then I saw this today. Star-Explained.jpg?null

It’s the problem with having a special star for defending champions. Should have a special mls badge for them. 

9 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

It’s the problem with having a special star for defending champions. Should have a special mls badge for them. 

I’m a fan of this idea. Do it like the Premier League or Bundesliga and simply recolor the league badge in a special way to denote the defending champion. Every other club gets a regular league badge. I would prefer this over a special star or a separate badge like they used to do about a decade ago.

21 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I’m a fan of this idea. Do it like the Premier League or Bundesliga and simply recolor the league badge in a special way to denote the defending champion. Every other club gets a regular league badge. I would prefer this over a special star or a separate badge like they used to do about a decade ago.

yeah, this is a fantastic idea. Turn that MLS badge gold for a year and give them a regular star above the crest. 

I like the fact that nobody talked about the Montreal Impact yet, their jersey leaked yesterday and I find it pretty nice! Ambitious choice to go with grey. Reminds me a bit of this year Liverpool home kit with the pinstripes. I hate the new template, but I think they did a good job with it

6 hours ago, dannykraft said:

They've already changed the five championships. The Galaxy's current kit has 4 silver stars and a gold star.

Nice gif showing all of the team-colored versions of the MLS 25 logo:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/02/after-just-one-year-leaked-chicago-fire.html

Chicago getting another new crest for 2021?

See kids, this is what happens when you focus test anything in a vacuum.

5 minutes ago, insert name said:

Where does this rank in massive re-branding failures? 

Honestly, with the way things work in design these days? I'd say it would be on par with the 49ers one-day logo. At the MLS level, you can't just scrap a primary logo after a day like you could in the 90s. A single season is about as short of a period you could pull this off now.

3 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Honestly, with the way things work in design these days? I'd say it would be on par with the 49ers one-day logo. At the MLS level, you can't just scrap a primary logo after a day like you could in the 90s. A single season is about as short of a period you could pull this off now.

I agree. Chicago is lucky they operate within MLS and can turn this around next season. One year was really going to be the absolute minimum for the new crest. If the 49ers unveiled their one-day logo in today’s market, they’d be the present day Browns and stuck for five years. Hopefully Chicago reverts to a classic look. I think they have some wiggle room as far as the crest design, but they need to get the colors right and stick with the traditional kits.

NYCFC wore the socks from their new secondary kits in yesterday’s friendly against LAFC:

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree. Chicago is lucky they operate within MLS and can turn this around next season. One year was really going to be the absolute minimum for the new crest. If the 49ers unveiled their one-day logo in today’s market, they’d be the present day Browns and stuck for five years. Hopefully Chicago reverts to a classic look. I think they have some wiggle room as far as the crest design, but they need to get the colors right and stick with the traditional kits.

Agree 100%. Unfortunately they’ll probably be stuck with MiTeam kits again next season if they do indeed have another new crest for next year, so the traditional kits with the chest band would likely have to wait until 2022. 

The Name of Inter Miami’s USL league one side was announced Today. The plan since their land deal with Ft Lauderdale for the academy was to have USL league one in ft lauderdale on a permanent basis.