MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

"Heritage Link"? Is Adidas doing a Nike-esque City program for MLS? It's more welcome in soccer, but if they're just coming up with fancy titles for what are otherwise teamwear designs, I don't know.

That Cincinnati kit is fine. Looks pretty similar to what Vancouver has been wearing, but I like that it's not just white and nothing else.

EDIT:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DG_Now said:

"Heritage Link"? Is Adidas doing a Nike-esque City program for MLS? It's more welcome in soccer, but if they're just coming up with fancy titles for what are otherwise teamwear designs, I don't know.

They were doing it at least since last year. I remember Colorado rolling out a "Black Diamond" kit, Minnesota had "Snow Drift" and New England had "The Colonial" -- all of these on barely bespoke all-white kits (how did I forget NER was slightly bluish!) because that sounds nicer than League Mandated White Away Jersey.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Major League Soccer's glut of white kits aside, I really like this.

Pretty nice overall, and obviously a great improvement over last season’s stock white kits. The pattern fits nicely, though it’s too bad it’s just recycled from last year’s Bayern shirt:

spacer.png

As far as recycled designs go, this one fits Cincy pretty well, but I still would’ve preferred a completely bespoke pattern for them, or even just the Bavarian diamond pattern that FCC has used in the social media graphics promoting this new kit:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Is it possible that the Adidas 3 stripe shoulder is only for the original MLS teams? Would make sense for the 25th anniversary. We've already seen the LA Galaxy leak, and people who have seen the NY Red Bulls kit say that the 3 stripes are on it..

6 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Is it possible that the Adidas 3 stripe shoulder is only for the original MLS teams? Would make sense for the 25th anniversary. We've already seen the LA Galaxy leak, and people who have seen the NY Red Bulls kit say that the 3 stripes are on it..

Maybe, but also since Cincy is getting two new kits this year, I think it’s possible that they’ll only get the oversized shoulder stripes on their new primary, with this new away shirt having the full length stripes down the sides. This new away shirt sort of looks like a hybrid between last season’s Adidas templates and the new templates for this season. The fabric and Authenticity tag are reflective of the new templates, while the collar/cuffs and full length Adidas stripes down the sides are more reflective of last season’s templates. So I’d say it’s still possible they’ll get the oversized shoulder stripes on their primary, and that all the other clubs with get the shoulder stripe treatment on their one new kit for this season. I’d bet the new expansion sides will have one kit with the oversized shoulder stripes and one with normal stripes like this Cincy away shirt.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If you're going to go all-in on Bavaria, you might as well steal the Bavarian team's look. I kind of like it more having seen Bayern's shirt from last year.

The trim is what makes it, really. FCC could be all white with that trim and still look pretty nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 12/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, TaylorMade said:

I'm gonna guess... FC Charlotte

AC Charlotte FC United SC

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but

Of the names registered for trademark protection by DT Soccer, LLC, the only two that I'd remotely consider would be Charlotte Athletic FC or Charlotte Town FC.

I understand the reasoning behind Charlotte Crown FC and Charlotte Monarchs FC, but with other MLS clubs (Chicago Fire FC, FC Cincinnati, Real Salt Lake) already utilizing crowns in their logos, leaning into royal references in their names, and/or playing in a market that claims "The Queen City" as a nickname, I'm of the mind that it would be better for Major League Soccer's club in the Carolinas to carve out a brand identity all its own.

As for the remaining four names, in my opinion they range from the insipid (Charlotte FC, All Carolina FC) to the inept (Charlotte Fortune FC) to the idiotic (Carolina Gliders FC).

Archived