MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

I don't really care for the overall template, and I'm obviously biased, but I think it works well with DC United, possibly thanks to their history of having three huge stripes on the shirt anyway. Plus the red cuffs help with the color balance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, njdevs7 said:

Yea, I agree it is a bit weird to see them in all black as a home kit. I think it would be the perfect change kit though. 

I thought this black kit was the new change kit and the gray "glitch kit" from last season was being carried over as the primary?

1 hour ago, njdevs7 said:

Might be biased but I think this is a really clean look.

spacer.png

See, I think some yellow outlining would be historically appropriate and really pop in conjunction with the red, while also helping to further differentiate it from DCU's style.

patriotssignature.png

1 minute ago, radchad said:

I thought this black kit was the new change kit and the gray "glitch kit" from last season was being carried over as the primary?

Correct. When the Red Bulls introduced the red kit, it was technically the change kit. But it was so popular that they started wearing it all the time, including most home games. They are in a weird spot right now because of the MLS kit rules (only one new kit each year). I would think they will introduce a RED kit as their primary next season (to replace the gray glitch), and have the red kit be their primary from that point on.

On 1/31/2020 at 4:34 PM, dannykraft said:

When I first saw the new sounders kit I was very annoyed they were doing stacked stars but then I saw this today. Star-Explained.jpg?null

I guess they'll go next to each other next season.

Apparently this is wrong because look at the Galaxy

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Apparently this is wrong because look at the Galaxy

spacer.png

The Galaxy I think did this to show they had more. Because their kits from 2016-18 had the new star system but they changed it. So they don’t follow the system.spacer.png

la-galaxy-2018-home-kit-3.jpg

la-galaxy-2017-away-kit-7.jpg

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

The Galaxy I think did this to show they had more. Because their kits from 2016-18 had the new star system but they changed it. So they don’t follow the system.spacer.png

la-galaxy-2018-home-kit-3.jpg

la-galaxy-2017-away-kit-7.jpg

MLS changed the system. There's no way they would allow a team (not even the Galaxy) to just go rogue on something like that.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/02/mls-changes-stars-rule-in-last-minute.html

13 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

MLS changed the system. There's no way they would allow a team (not even the Galaxy) to just go rogue on something like that.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/02/mls-changes-stars-rule-in-last-minute.html

One would think, but here were are.

I think someone said that LA went to the extreme of making the 5 stars a part of their official logo package which is why they're allowed to do it like this where as the other team's don't have the stars as such. 

Can anybody with access to the MLS Logo sheets confirm this?

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The shoulders on this new template royally screw up the MLS's already stupid star system.

Sort of, but for teams with crests that aren’t quite as vertical there’s definitely room for the gold star below the shoulder seam:

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
Frankly if the Sounders had just lowered the silver star a tad bit there would’ve been room for the gold star below the seam (it would’ve been tight, but still would’ve looked way better than they what they ended up doing).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I don't care for the sports bra look on the home. Looks kinda funny to me. Also, since when was Yellow/gold a Quakes color? Maybe it's replaced red? I know it is San Jose's flag color, but really looks off when the total Quakes package is together. 

sj-jersey-4.png

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The normal kit design process starts about 2 years out, and about a year out is when things are finalized to go into production. If Chicago didn’t submit their new logos, identity, etc. to the league and/or Adidas inside that window, then there’s no way there would’ve been enough time to accommodate it and develop a fully custom kit. It’s the same reason why Cincy had the miTeam and teamwear kits last year, because their new logo and identity wasn’t submitted in time for fully custom kits to be developed for last year. 

I noticed that mostly only bigger companies like adidas, nike or puma got problems with this. Smaller brands like macron, joma, jako, errea can produce custom kit in a very short term.

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I noticed that mostly only bigger companies like adidas, nike or puma got problems with this. Smaller brands like macron, joma, jako, errea can produce custom kit in a very short term.

But they can’t produce enough for mass retail merchandising.

35 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

But they can’t produce enough for mass retail merchandising.

They would require an IOU system at rollout to catch up with orders down the road. That's why Newcastle United is staying with Puma instead of moving to a new brand next year. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/12/leaked-newcastle-united-to-leave-puma.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived