MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

According to these articles, the Fire’s new primary kit will have red socks:

https://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/2020/2/5/21125267/chicago-fire-fc-unveils-new-2020-home-jersey

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/chicago-fire-fc-unveils-new-homecoming-kits-for-2020-season/2214014/

Here’s an updated mockup of the full kit, with the red socks, since we’ve yet to see any actual images of the full kit.

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/7/2020 at 3:46 AM, Gothamite said:

But they can’t produce enough for mass retail merchandising.

Something for Something. Mass Retail from first day or unique designs. Either way MLS replicas sucks so hard. I don't know if this problem would exist with smaller brands. I mean if they would produce replicas or they'd only go with authentics.

4r2eer.png

13 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Something for Something. Mass Retail from first day or unique designs. Either way MLS replicas sucks so hard. I don't know if this problem would exist with smaller brands. I mean if they would produce replicas or they'd only go with authentics.

I can understand not using the same materials, but taking elements that are on the authentic and completely removing them, like the neck tags on the back of the jerseys and even the collar designs, just seems ridiculous. I haven't seen that with Premier League kits as much, but it seems to be a requirement for MLS jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/8/2020 at 10:06 PM, upperV03 said:

Atlanta also debuted their new secondaries today:

spacer.png

These kits are pretty clean but also pretty unremarkable.

Not always, but most of the time, when something is described as “clean” ... for me ... it is unremarkable. Soccer is the one sport where white isn’t a prerequisite.  Every other sport has a white option.  In tackle football there are a handful of teams that look great in all white (Miami Dolphins, Auburn Tigers).  But I’m not so keen on doing all white for the sake of it.  

in soccer you’ve got Real Madrid and Tottenham that look good as an all white team.  I know Spurs does blue pants but they have used an all white option in Europe and it is sharp.  Vancouver is a white team. I don’t need so many white soccer jerseys in my life.  

11 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Is it just me or does the youth replica of the Miami kit have white stripes on the shoulder?  
https://www.fanatics.com/mls/inter-miami-cf/jerseys/o-4611+t-10691107+d-42114523+z-9-3187822912

that would be extraordinarily stupid 

The pink is lighter. Look at the badges. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Austin FC has signed a shirt sponsorship deal with Yeti:

In their press release they mention that one of their kits will be unveiled during the 2020 holiday season (doesn’t say if that’ll be the primary or secondary), with the other kit being unveiled in early 2021.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

In the Athletic's article about MLS kit production, it says that third kits will be making a comeback next year.

spacer.png

Check out the article if you get the chance. It's a great read featuring an interview with a senior member of Adidas. It clarifies who is to blame for what parts of kit design.

12 hours ago, EricSpratt said:

In the Athletic's article about MLS kit production, it says that third kits will be making a comeback next year.

spacer.png

Check out the article if you get the chance. It's a great read featuring an interview with a senior member of Adidas. It clarifies who is to blame for what parts of kit design.

So I wonder who’ll get 3rds? My guess would be LAFC, LA Galaxy, Seattle & probably NYCFC. It’ll be interesting to see who officially gets them.

2 hours ago, dannykraft said:

looks like chicago is getting Cinci treatment with a blank white away kit. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/02/chicago-fire-2020-away-kit.html

Yikes. Why not just keep last year's but swap out the badges on this year's batch? Still fits the color scheme and maybe the connection to the team's past would save them a little bit of blowback.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

So I wonder who’ll get 3rds? My guess would be LAFC, LA Galaxy, Seattle & probably NYCFC. It’ll be interesting to see who officially gets them.

I would think Portland would get one as well. Their sales are pretty high for being a smaller market, and of course there’s the connection with the Adidas U.S. headquarters being in Portland as well. Wouldn’t be surprised if SKC gets one too, and maybe even Miami (they’re one of the clubs selling a long-sleeve jersey option this year). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived