WarriorFight

MLS Kits, 2020

4 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Miami really had such a good shot to stand out from the rest of the league, but instead they went totally forgettable and are stuck wearing a black kit at home in South Florida (unless they designate the white kit as the home kit, which would be an even bigger snooze fest). How stupid. 

The white kit is the home kit.

I think they should carry the pink shorts over to the black kit but otherwise i don’t mind their set, a little bland but it feels classy to me. I like how much pink they used, it was tasteful, I love their crest, I think Miami nailed this tbh.

Unpopular I know.

7 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I think they should carry the pink shorts over to the black kit but otherwise i don’t mind their set, a little bland but it feels classy to me. I like how much pink they used, it was tasteful, I love their crest, I think Miami nailed this tbh.

Unpopular I know.

yea. I think it has promise.  Let’s see it on the field.  Pink shorts are a big plus.  I think the badge should have been just the shield with the herons inside and not the roundel.  

Considering how often they change kit designs. I would not be surprised if Miami chose their kit colours on purpose just to get fans to buy more kits.

Nashville going all-yellow for their MLS debut: 

Can’t say I’m surprised since the all-yellow was the combo shown off in their official unveiling of the primary kit, but still disappointing to not see the yellow/navy/yellow combo. Hopefully they end up wearing that combo at least as much as the all-yellow because it’s a vastly superior look.

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Nashville going all-yellow for their MLS debut: 

Can’t say I’m surprised since the all-yellow was the combo shown off in their official unveiling of the primary kit, but still disappointing to not see the yellow/navy/yellow combo. Hopefully they end up wearing that combo at least as much as the all-yellow because it’s a vastly superior look.

At the very least wear navy socks so it looks a little more distinct from Columbus. 

So far the yellow from Nashville doesn’t look too bad on my TV. However a little distinction (navy shorts and socks at home, etc.) would be better to separate themselves from Columbus. I can already see that being a problem.

Vancouver is debuting their new secondaries tonight at home against SKC, but going with navy clash shorts because SKC is in their light blue primaries.

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Vancouver is debuting their new secondaries tonight at home against SKC, but going with navy clash shorts because SKC is in their light blue primaries.

spacer.png

A bit disappointing to promote the team will be wearing their new kit like the Whitecaps did and we do not see it in proper fashion the first time.  We all know this kit has the light blue shorts based on all the promotional material from the team.  Kansas City's shorts look grey.  I guess the shorts don't clash enough?  Maybe they should have waited a home game to debut the new look.

It seems MLS is pretty arbitrary as to when clashing shorts are a problem and when they aren’t. Seems like a team’s choice whether they care to change them.

17 minutes ago, Digby said:

It seems MLS is pretty arbitrary as to when clashing shorts are a problem and when they aren’t. Seems like a team’s choice whether they care to change them.

Yeah, but in this case I think Vancouver made the right choice going with the navy shorts to avoid an overload of light blue in the matchup. SKC’s shorts are technically grey-blue but the kit is essentially mono-light blue. Had the ‘Caps gone with the light blue shorts the two kits would’ve still been distinguishable, but the mono-navy combo provided a bit more contrast between the two kits that already feature nearly identical color schemes. Frankly the ‘Caps should’ve just worn their primaries for this matchup and debuted their secondaries next week at LAG and again the following week at home against Colorado (I believe they are already planning on wearing the secondaries for that game against the Rapids).

Yeah I’m not too bothered by it; I prefer monochrome to teams playing in complementary kit contrasts, that’s tough to watch.

So Miami's pink shorts do have an issue on TV. From far away they look almost white, but in close up shots they look pink. Definitely could've been fixed with a brighter shade of pink.

Miami needs a rethink. Looks like solid white on TV. I can’t distinguish the adidas logos or stripes. They look like plain undershirts. They’re definitely selling themselves short by not maximizing the value of their color palette. They should own pink. Darken it up. Maybe do pink and white stripes. Something. This ain’t it, chief.

Yeah. Inter Miami's colors are white and off-white. And it's too bad. 

ESDw-_FWoAMTTJj.jpg:small

Yeah, looks like a laundry screw-up. This didn't come as expected looking at their logo package so I wonder if it's just a bad color to match to fabric?

I've seen pink adidas kits that weren't so washed out. Surely the pink could be darker. 

The shade of pink just needs to be a few shades darker IMO, like the shade used for the pink Tiro 19 and Campeon 19 team wear shirts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DPHF said:

Yeah. Inter Miami's colors are white and off-white. And it's too bad. 

My thoughts exactly. They need to adjust the shade of pink next season. This was a major misfire.