MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

Agree with everyone about the washed out pink shorts.  need:..

.spacer.png

Exactly. 

As I've said before, Inter Miami should have really owned pink in their primary kits. Pink jerseys, black shorts, black socks for evening matches and either a pink/white/pink or pink/white/white uniform for day games. Either of those ensembles would have provided more than enough contrast with a majority of the other kits in MLS. If an MLS club with a pale uniform option elected to trot out said kit against Inter Miami, then the South Florida side could have a black jersey at the ready as the centerpiece of their change look.

As it stands now, Inter Miami's uniforms are completely underwhelming. I was at Banc of California Stadium today and Inter Miami's kits looked bland... washed out... "meh".

20 hours ago, DPHF said:

Yeah. Inter Miami's colors are white and off-white. And it's too bad. 

Is the fact it's just a teamwear kit with the flamingos superimposed a reason they didn't worry about using pink so much this year? If I knew I was getting one kit that wasn't going to get much work done on it for the first year, I might not give two shakes about it. Granted, that's as a player. As an owner I'd want a top notch look from day one that stands out and that Palermo kit is what I'd start with.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is the fact it's just a teamwear kit with the flamingos superimposed a reason they didn't worry about using pink so much this year? If I knew I was getting one kit that wasn't going to get much work done on it for the first year, I might not give two shakes about it. Granted, that's as a player. As an owner I'd want a top notch look from day one that stands out and that Palermo kit is what I'd start with.

Interestingly, Miami (and Nashville for that matter) do not have teamwear kits like previous expansion sides Cincy, Minnesota, and now Chicago with their rebrand. Both Miami and Nashville have one of the brand new 2020 EQT style designs and one kit on the 2019 template. They each have the 3D plastic crest application, the screened adidas logos and stripes, athletic cut with the mesh back, custom inner neckline graphics as well as back of collar graphics, jocktag emblems, and socks bearing their logos. The teamwear kits are more along the lines of replica quality. While I do think both played it extremely safe as far as kit design, they are not teamwear.

Here’s the kit matchup for RSL vs. NYRB tomorrow:

spacer.png

Props to RSL for posting the kit assignment graphic on their website (they posted it for last week’s game, too). I wish more teams would do this, or better yet that the league would just post the kit assignment graphics with their match previews, like they used to do as recently as a couple of seasons ago. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Nashville will be debuting their new secondaries tomorrow at Portland and will be wearing special patches on the jerseys, which will then be auctioned off to raise funds for tornado relief efforts:

The Timbers will also be debuting their new secondaries and will join Nashville in sporting the special patches. I don’t believe the Timbers’ jerseys will be auctioned off, but they did come out with a special $35 GA ticket deal for tomorrow’s game with $15 from each ticket going to the Middle Tennessee Tornado Relief Fund.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Fire need to start selling this on everything and have it on the chest of their jerseys next season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

32 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The Fire need to start selling this on everything and have it on the chest of their jerseys next season.

How on Earth is this not the primary!?!? It’s like the morons in the board room looked at a bunch of options and purposely chose the worst one.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

5 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

How on Earth is this not the primary!?!? It’s like the morons in the board room looked at a bunch of options and purposely chose the worst one.

It's nice as an accompanying element, but it wouldn't be a good main crest simply for how detailed it is. It would lose all readability when shrunken down, which is really the primary way it would be seen (on a kit). 

spacer.png

^ definitely true — somewhere in between, maybe, could be good ... a flame plus lantern shape might be a very cool and different and interesting shape, nice departure from all the roundels.

That white Fire kit is irredeemable on the pitch though. Not just ugly but unprofessional looking.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

^ definitely true — somewhere in between, maybe, could be good ... a flame plus lantern shape might be a very cool and different and interesting shape, nice departure from all the roundels.

This.

The "1871 Lantern" jock tag logo would need to be simplified, but it would be a great starting point to inspire a new Chicago Fire badge. Go with a lantern-shaped containment shape for the badge, simplify the details in the flames, etc. Certainly, to my mind, the potential for a far better primary mark than the uninspired dreck the team is sporting this season.    

Did Philadelphia Union have navy shorts with their away kit last year? I can't remember them before. But the white trim instead of gold suggests these are meant to go with the white away shirt specifically. I think it's a nice look even though I'm not sure why they used them against LAFC's black shorts.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Did Philadelphia Union have navy shorts with their away kit last year? I can't remember them before. But the white trim instead of gold suggests these are meant to go with the white away shirt specifically. I think it's a nice look even though I'm not sure why they used them against LAFC's black shorts.

spacer.png

They did have the navy shorts last year, but only wore them a couple of times, including at New England: 

spacer.png
Hopefully they use them more this year, and the fact that they broke them out last night in the second game of the year is hopefully a sign that they plan to do just that. Last night was an odd game to break them out with LAFC in their all-black, but hopefully they keep them in the regular rotation for the rest of the year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Portland and Nashville both debuted their new secondaries yesterday and both wore the special NGUOY (“Never Give Up On You”) patches for the Tennessee tornado relief effort:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nashville has kind of a weird thing going on with their shorts this year. First off, they’re the only team to have stripes on the shorts for the EQT kit, likely because the blue shorts will be worn with both the home and away kits instead of having two separate pairs of blue shorts. Second, these blue shorts follow last year’s template, while the yellow shorts have the new Condivo 20 cut:

spacer.png

Even more odd is that, when they unveiled their primaries, the yellow shorts were on last year’s template:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I know that cameras are always playing tricks so it's risky to take one photo and make judgements from there ... but man, I would have preferred Miami just go all-white if they're only going to use a pink base on the shorts. The shorts look terrible on their own like that, and the shade is more peach than the true pink they should have used.

spacer.png

I keep referring to it as "red sock in the laundry pink".  Leaning hard into pink would have made a statement; this kinda-sorta whispers at best.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

spacer.png

They're wearing these with navy blue shorts and socks, and I actually really like that color combo. That's quite sharp. I still can't get over the massive stripes on the shoulder. I don't think that looks good on anybody. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

23 minutes ago, Sport said:

spacer.png

They're wearing these with navy blue shorts and socks, and I actually really like that color combo. That's quite sharp. I still can't get over the massive stripes on the shoulder. I don't think that looks good on anybody. 

If they were slightly slimmer and more towards the sleeve and were placed exactly like the 1992 jerseys, I could buy into it. But then we'd have conflicts witht eh sponsor logos. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived