MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

7 hours ago, Digby said:

Who at EA Sports gave the new Revolution kit white shorts??? The red shorts are the best bit.

The Revs have been using white shorts pretty heavily the last few seasons.  I'm also not really sold on the red shorts.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I vastly prefer the white shorts over red.  I don’t particularly love DC’s red shorts either. 

I think the red shorts are what makes DCU’s kit one of the best of this year’s crop. I’m not as sold on the red shorts for the Revs, but I do think they add to the retro-inspired look they were going for. From a purely aesthetic standpoint I think the red shorts fit much better on DCU’s kit as they tie in to the thick red cuffs on the shirt.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sports Business Journal reports that the Charlotte franchise's name announcement timeline has been pushed back by the coronavirus pandemic, and that Charlotte FC is the current frontrunner:

CHARLOTTE MLS TEAM NAME PLANS ON HOLD

A team name announcement for MLS Charlotte could have come as early as later this month or the beginning of April, but the coronavirus outbreak has impacted that timeline, SBJ’s Mark J. Burns reports. Charlotte FC and Charlotte Town FC have been among some of the name finalists, according to multiple sources, with Charlotte FC being the front runner at this time. Charlotte will begin play during the 2021 season at Bank of America Stadium.

According to the USPTO website, DT Soccer -- which is backed by owner David Tepper -- submitted eight trademarks on Dec. 6, 2019, including the two prior mentioned names, Charlotte Crown FC, Charlotte Fortune FC, Charlotte Monarchs FC, Charlotte Athletic FC, Carolina Gliders FC and All Carolina FC.

Charlotte FC is about as basic as you can go. Its not bad, but it's just very generic. Also, it really should be "SC". The league is Major League SOCCER. We call it soccer here. I understand why they do it though. Gotta appeal to all the Eurosnobs... 

2 hours ago, Waffles said:

Sports Business Journal reports that the Charlotte franchise's name announcement timeline has been pushed back by the coronavirus pandemic, and that Charlotte FC is the current frontrunner:

Charlotte Town FC or riot!

Charlotte FC is fine, just boring. Monarchs FC is also fine, but Town FC has some real, local connections and also has that European flair that MLS teams love. The only thing that would make it even more appropriate is if the team played in Memorial Stadium, which is on Charlottetown Avenue.

the user formerly known as cdclt

15 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Charlotte FC is about as basic as you can go. Its not bad, but it's just very generic. Also, it really should be "SC". The league is Major League SOCCER. We call it soccer here. I understand why they do it though. Gotta appeal to all the Eurosnobs... 

Not sure many North Carolinians would appreciate "SC" in their MLS team's name if it didn't have to be there.

Have we talked about the new Adidas construction?

Even for clubs keeping their shirts from last year, there’s a change for 2020.  Last year they were using the Climacool construction, this year its Aeroready. 

Last year’s primary shirt:

spacer.pngspacer.png

This year’s: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ve ordered one of the new ones, will be interested in how it compares in person with my old one.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Have we talked about the new Adidas construction?

Even for clubs keeping their shirts from last year, there’s a change for 2020.  Last year they were using the Climacool construction, this year its Aeroready. 

Last year’s primary shirt:

This year’s: 

I’ve ordered one of the new ones, will be interested in how it compares in person with my old one.

For the kits being carried over from last year the fabric and cut are the exact same, just with the Aeroready label in place of the Climacool label. The construction is the exact same. Really the only noticeable difference between the 2019 and 2020 versions of the shirts being carried over from last year is that the 2020 versions come from Adidas without the MLS badges on the sleeves, leaving it up to the individual teams or individual retailers to add those after the fact. Plus this year the MLS badges are a different application, a sturdier iron-on patch rather than the flimsy sewn-on badges on last year’s shirts. Only the new 2020 EQT kits have the new cut and fabric.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Fanatics was having a big sale a couple of weeks ago and I bought an authentic Sounders shirt from the 2018 season (the last year of Xbox and first year of their stupid forest motif).

I've been really impressed the construction of the authentic shirt. The rubber logos and three strips look better in person than I expected, and I like the overall cut and finish.

I also picked up the white collared shirt they used, but in replica format. For $100 total, it seemed like a pretty good deal. But also, I now have 5 Sounders jerseys. I'm okay with it.

My Sounders shirts:

Ozzie%20Super%20Cyan.jpg?X0DFjNCzSbVD1vp

USATSI_8505263.jpg?1R3YAy2r0ECwuu36Oqu0N

32574592043_e4eba21e3f_z-e1489292905749.

6-seattle-sounders-home-2018.jpg

seattle-sounders-2019-away-kit-h.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Fanatics was having a big sale a couple of weeks ago and I bought an authentic Sounders shirt from the 2018 season (the last year of Xbox and first year of their stupid forest motif).

I've been really impressed the construction of the authentic shirt. The rubber logos and three strips look better in person than I expected, and I like the overall cut and finish.

I also picked up the white collared shirt they used, but in replica format. For $100 total, it seemed like a pretty good deal. But also, I now have 5 Sounders jerseys. I'm okay with it.

My Sounders shirts:

Ozzie%20Super%20Cyan.jpg?X0DFjNCzSbVD1vp

I think Seattle should go back and embrace more of the cyan look for secondaries. It’s highly underused and they’ve used it enough where it would be a great look

On 3/20/2020 at 1:51 AM, YELDARBfield said:

Not sure many North Carolinians would appreciate "SC" in their MLS team's name if it didn't have to be there.

Believe me, "Charlotte SC" would be just about the most confusing thing they could possibly do.

the user formerly known as cdclt

11 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:rolleyes:

This is another word, like “organic”, that can’t be eliminated from our sport’s vocabulary soon enough. 

haha, why do you think that though? There's definitely people in this country who still have a negative view of mls/american soccer. And i feel like the phrase "FC"  as opposed to a "Galaxy" or "Fire" nickname makes a team more legitimate in their eyes. No?

13 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

haha, why do you think that though? There's definitely people in this country who still have a negative view of mls/american soccer. And i feel like the phrase "FC"  as opposed to a "Galaxy" or "Fire" nickname makes a team more legitimate in their eyes. No?

That’s not the same thing, though.  It’s a silly and dismissive shorthand. 

Besides, disliking the stupid American 90s naming conventions is not a character flaw. 😉

Archived