MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

Miami’s pink is way too light. It doesn’t show up at all on the white, making the kit look even more like a white t-shirt with their logo plastered on.

Speaking of Miami, what happened to their sponsorship deal with Qatar Airways?

ExJworW.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Miami’s pink is way too light. It doesn’t show up at all on the white, making the kit look even more like a white t-shirt with their logo plastered on.

The shade of pink in their badge stands out more than the shade the chose to put on jerseys. Who approved that?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

38 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Is that a Coke logo I saw on Miami's sleeves? If so, how did a sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola happen so quietly? 

Pepsi is a league sponsor, they can't tell a team not to take money from Coca Cola. 

50 minutes ago, schlim said:

You mean there's a regular season coming up after this tournament thing? Is it going to be played in Florida or at home stadiums? I honestly didn't know about this.

Now a message from my cynical side: these ads are also horrendous, good luck getting them off the jerseys in the future. Luckily, Adidas will probably be able to crank out a league wide template that fits every team. Look out WNBA uniforms, here comes MLS!

I've never understood the near constant changing of jersey designs for every team in the league, especially when they've been adding teams for what seems to be an endless number of years already. I know, money, I know, but if the league needs to sell that many jerseys to make a difference (honestly, how many jerseys are each team selling in a year? A real number? 2,000? 5,000? 10,000? 20,000? It can't top out much past that in their wildest dreams), doesn't that show there's some serious fundamental flaws in the funding/income of the league? Doesn't the constant churning reduce each team's 'brand'? Sporting KC had nice argyle ones a few years ago that were super popular and it seemed like they owned it, but they switched and switched and switched. I think Dallas is red and white stripes? I remember Philadelphia having nice initial jerseys that got watered down fast.

The league has everyone wearing a template this year. It's just one uniform instead of both. And every soccer team in the world replaces uniforms yearly. MLS only does it with one instead of all of them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Took me a moment to realize the adidas logo was projected and not painted on the field.

And yes, Miami whiffed on the shade of pink and by not having a pink shirt. Shame.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

even aside from the still-blew-it shade of pink, is it me or do Miami’s shirts look more prone to soak through in sweat than other white shirts? Probably just a trick or the eyes meeting actual Florida humidity. But the whole ensemble is just profoundly unpleasant to look at.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Unpleasant is the exact right word. Ugly shade of pink. Barely-there design. No sponsor (which I know is a positive for some).

The logo is great but everything else = 😬

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Unpleasant is the exact right word. Ugly shade of pink. Barely-there design. No sponsor (which I know is a positive for some).

The logo is great but everything else = 😬

Maybe they’ll improve once they do the right thing and kick Beckham to the curb.

58 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Beckham is the only reason Miami has a team.  He’s smart enough to have hired great lawyers, meaning he earned the spot he has now. 

He’s a big reason why the team was vapor ware for about a decade. Just because he got a team through his contract and got a team in the Miami metro area doesn’t mean he should stay.

Kick him to the curb at the first opportunity, let him make off with more millions in a sale, and let competent people run this team.

Those cheesecake shots are pretty funny.

I hope MLS as NASCAR (or LigaMX) only lasts through this tournament.

12 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He’s a big reason why the team was vapor ware for about a decade. 

No, not really.  The Miami real estate market is why the team took so long to get off the ground.  Those of us in New York know a little something about how tough that can be.

12 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Just because he got a team through his contract and got a team in the Miami metro area doesn’t mean he should stay.

I'd flip that around - haven't heard any substantive reason why he should be tossed from the team that wouldn't exist without him.  Certainly the burden of proof would lie with those who want him out?

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

No, not really.  The Miami real estate market is why the team took so long to get off the ground.  Those of us in New York know a little something about how tough that can be.

Sure, I’ll grant you that. But why the heck would they just not renovate the Ft. Lauderdale stadium from the start, which they wound up doing? Surely if the real estate market was that tough, it would have been an option (like Yankee Stadium and NYCFC or the Revs and Gillette).

Then again, I’d prefer if Inter Miami existed because the Marlins GTFO’d to somewhere else. Heck, a renovated Orange Bowl sounds fantastic compared to the erector set in Ft. Lauderdale.

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I'd flip that around - haven't heard any substantive reason why he should be tossed from the team that wouldn't exist without him.  Certainly the burden of proof would lie with those who want him out?

Well, the team won’t take advantage of their excellent color scheme with him around, preferring to look like a Real Madrid clone. It’s like any number of owners and their “preferred” color schemes.

It took added investors for the team to even get an identity or any hope of actually existing beyond a tulpa. He fulfilled his contract with MLS and is of no further use to the team. 

Ft. Lauderdale can only be a temporary solution.  Maybe they should have jumped on that temporary solution earlier, but again I can sympathize.  Temporary solutions can themselves be impediments to permanent solutions, as we hear from Bronx local advocates who claim NYCFC doesn't need a new stadium because they can always play at the ballpark.

Still haven't heard a good reason for Beckham to be thrown out.  The white shirt isn't one, no matter how much I'd like a pink shirt too.  If that was even his call, which is far from certain.

I still like the all-white look for Miami, but it needs to come with either a darker and more saturated pink for the trim, or it needs some black as well as a tertiary color. Or the current shade of pink can be the base with black trim and no white, though again I like the all-white. (This is also one where I feel like the color scheme as-is might work on different manufacturer's templates, but the mandated Adidas stripes do no favors).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

the mandated Adidas stripes

Adidas is okay with tonal stripes in some applications.

ff_3922335-36653b0eddeb3f6e7e4balt1_full

And here's the new Arsenal anthem jacket, a sneak peek at the template MLS will use next season.

Arsenal_Anthem_Jacket_Burgundy_FH7891_FH

I don't know under what circumstances they use tonal stripes, but they do use them.

Archived