MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m starting to hate Austin FC, although not necessarily by their fault (unless they got their brand from ripping off the Sounders’ GOAT Pitch Black jerseys).

Basically they found a better shade of light/bright green than the Sounders, and now they are doing the exact style I wanted the Sounders to do (blue/green vertical stripes).

Also: we used to have the cool sponsor in the league (XBox) now they do (Yeti) and we are stuck with freaking Zulily.

Oh well, I can still hold out hope for a Sounders checkerboard design someday... although that will probably get swiped by one of the next 47 teams on the way to MLS.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Not really a fan of the Austin look.  I think a solid green jersey with black shorts and green socks would have been a better option.  Also wondering if any MLS team will use hoops again.  Seems like a very undervalued look.  Hoops on Austin might be an improvement, and greater distinction from Atlanta. 

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

I’m starting to hate Austin FC, although not necessarily by their fault (unless they got their brand from ripping off the Sounders’ GOAT Pitch Black jerseys).

Basically they found a better shade of light/bright green than the Sounders, and now they are doing the exact style I wanted the Sounders to do (blue/green vertical stripes).

Also: we used to have the cool sponsor in the league (XBox) now they do (Yeti) and we are stuck with freaking Zulily.

Oh well, I can still hold out hope for a Sounders checkerboard design someday... although that will probably get swiped by one of the next 47 teams on the way to MLS.

Seattle invented the color green.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

43 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Austin’s kit is good but we need more variety in MLS. More hoops, sashes, pinstripes, checkers, Arsenal style sleeves, etc. The league is way too bland right now.

Agreed but you can't fault Austin. They will be one of only a few teams with an identifying jersey element. (ATL stripes, Galaxy sash, MTL stripes) All the other teams kits identities are pretty much plain.

Dallas used to have the hoops.

Minnesota SHOULD continue with the loon wing

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Seattle invented the color green.

I said it was “better”, how am I saying Seattle invented it??

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

6 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

This Austin jersey looks absolutely nothing like Seattle

All of this talk about what MLS teams should be wearing has me thinking, I feel like all the teams have the possibility of each having an iconic element on their kits that is easily identifiable for each team. For the most part the teams use this but I put together what I feel like every MLS clubs home kits should include:

Atlanta United FC – red/black stripes

Austin FC- green/black stripes

Chicago Fire- red with white chest stripe (I’m still keeping hope they get rid of this rebrand)

Colorado Rapids- maroon with white sleeves

FC Cincinnati- all blue with orange accents

Columbus Crew SC- all yellow with some form of black checker board trim

D.C. United- black shirt- red shorts

FC Dallas- red and white hoops

Houston Dynamo- orange shirt

Inter Miami- pink shirt

LA Galaxy- white with blue sash

Los Angeles FC- all black

Minnesota United FC-grey with light blue sash (The wings are cool but I think this has longer staying ability)

Montreal Impact- blue/black stripes

Nashville SC- yellow shirt/navy shorts

New England Revolution- navy shirt- red shorts 

New York City FC -Light Blue shirt – white shorts

New York Red Bulls -white shirt- red shorts

Orlando City SC – all purple

Philadelphia Union- navy with gold center stripe
Portland Timbers- all forest green

Real Salt Lake – red with blue sleeves

San Jose Earthquakes – blue shirt- black shorts

Seattle Sounders FC – green shirt- blue shorts

Sporting Kansas City – light blue shirt – navy shorts

Toronto FC- all red

Vancouver Whitecaps FC- white shirt, navy shorts

3 hours ago, dannykraft said:

Minnesota United FC-grey with light blue sash (The wings are cool but I think this has longer staying ability)

Nope :) We've had the wing for a decade. 

Edit: less than a decade I guess. We've had the wing kit for 2013-2016, and now they brought it back. So for the majority of this team's history as MNUFC, their primary has been grey kit with black wings. 

What he said. ^^  I'm not holding my breath, but I'd love for the wing in some form to become permanent.  But totally miss me with the blue sash anyway.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I think Portland can pull off hoops pretty well, they’ve done it before.

Maybe they could call them rings and have some sort of tree ring narrative in the kit explanation. 

Archived