MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Do we think this is an authentic, though?  That would explain the lack of patches. 

Looks like a replica to me, but the replicas have usually had one league patch. For some reason, they haven’t done patches on both sleeves like the on field shirts but they have carried at least one patch. It looks like that might be changing, though.

The fan front and center is wearing a replica and you can see how they have a patch on one sleeve and not on the other.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

RBNY had their secondary kit leak. A bit disappointing. I was hoping for more of a classic Metrostars vibe (vertical stripes) when we heard about the leaked colors. This harkens back to the Metrostars in colors only. The leak also shows us what the three stripes over the sleeve will look like, which sound like they’ll be rolled out to numerous clubs. Interesting to see (at least from this angle) there’s no MLS patch on the sleeve. We’ve heard how the league will permit sleeve sponsors but I figured they’d simply drop one of the patches. I wonder if this means the jerseys won’t carry the patches as standard anymore. This could be good for tournaments like US Open Cup and Champions League. It was a bit weird when clubs wore the CL patch stacked above the MLS patch. Most other teams around the world simply drop their league patch in exchange for the tournament patch.

https://cdn.footyheadlines.com/amp/1601102698749313744?u=191229&__twitter_impression=true

spacer.png

It probably just hasn't been screened on yet. I believe the advertising patch goes on the left sleeve.

Also, thanks adidas for saving me money when Columbus looks exactly like this. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It probably just hasn't been screened on yet. I believe the advertising patch goes on the left sleeve.

Also, thanks adidas for saving me money when Columbus looks exactly like this. 

Sorry, my post wasn’t very clear. I was talking about how it looks like there isn’t an MLS patch. I’m sure the sleeve sponsors will be done on a club by club basis as they announce their new partnerships.

15 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

This 3 stripe shoulder thing is gonna suck.

Yeah I’m not sure this style works. These stripes feel too thin and wispy. The classic style they are trying to evoke was much bolder.

spacer.png

Adidas has recently done variations that convey that style better than this new 2020 MLS style.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Sorry, my post wasn’t very clear. I was talking about how it looks like there isn’t an MLS patch. I’m sure the sleeve sponsors will be done on a club by club basis as they announce their new partnerships.

I meant for the MLS patch. If that's a prototype I can understand not having a league patch. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Between that and not being allowed to have thirds, I'm ready for MLS to ditch Adidas.

Eh, I wouldn’t go that far.  Let’s see how these look first; the Adidas templates have looked better than most manufacturers’ recently.  I certainly wouldn’t want Puma or Under Armor stinking up the league. 

Inter Miami’s jersey has been leaked. Notable for not having the angled 3 stripes and going with them on the shoulders as some teams had last year. Is it only charter members that get the new template treatment? 🤔spacer.png

54 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Inter Miami’s jersey has been leaked. Notable for not having the angled 3 stripes and going with them on the shoulders as some teams had last year. Is it only charter members that get the new template treatment? 🤔spacer.png

Oh. If that's the case, with the charter members having it, then that is actually kind of dope. I hope that's the case.

spacer.png

Here’s another look at the leaks. 

Would seem that the three shoulder stripes is just one of the templates teams can choose from. 

That Miami home shirt is so frustrating - even switching the colors, pink with white accents, would be a major upgrade. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Here’s another look at the leaks. 

Would seem that the three shoulder stripes is just one of the templates teams can choose from. 

That Miami home shirt is so frustrating - even switching the colors, pink with white accents, would be a major upgrade. 

I’m fairly confident that every team will still have the oversized shoulder stripes, with Miami and Nashville only having them on one of their kits and a more normal stripe treatment on the other. Same goes for Cincy since they’re getting two new kits this year to replace last season’s stock kits. Cincy’s new secondary has the side stripes, but their new primary will likely have the oversized shoulder stripes. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

How in the world did they not have a pink shirt?

It was the easiest possible decision and they blew it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

How in the world did they not have a pink shirt?

It was the easiest possible decision and they blew it.

Beckham prefers white jerseys. So much so that LA Galaxy switched from yellow and green to white and blue. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived