MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

22 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Beckham prefers white jerseys. So much so that LA Galaxy switched from yellow and green to white and blue. 

Was that at his insistence?  Or were they just trying to create a Real Madrid association separate from any requirements he imposed?

Even if so, doesn't mean that he's right, though.  Or even that their white jersey couldn't have incorporated a whole lot more pink.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Miami away kit looks DOPE. 

The home kit is real disappointing though. Not much is interesting about it, and it really fails to leverage the awesome color scheme they have. Also, I hate when clubs don't change the crest on kits when a color in the crest isn't anywhere on the kit. When the kit is entirely white, and they still use the black-foundation on the logo instead of changing it to being all-white and pink, is frustrating.

Will be interesting though to see what sponsor they get. Sometimes, despite popular opinion, I find that having the right sponsor can lift a kit up a tier or two, or knock it down a few. Anyone here any rumors about who theirs is going to be? Or did they make an actual announcement?

spacer.png

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

How in the world did they not have a pink shirt?

It was the easiest possible decision and they blew it.

Isn't white clothing hugely popular in the Miami area? My only guess as to why they didn't go with pink.

SN: mildly pissed their debut kits aren't going to be pink/pink/black

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I was so excited to get a new Sounders kit with the gold star... but if it’s just a plain rave green jersey with those three huge stripes I’m not going anywhere near it. Total trash. I don’t really want the black and pink jersey either... only one year left on it and the Zulily logo is bad enough.

Adidas might cost themselves millions in lost sales from this garbage. Hopefully not every team is forced into it.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Looks like Philly's new home has been leaked.

Disappointed that the vertical stripe is still gone. But at least it's custom instead of a blank template...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually like that Philly shirt, at least relatively speaking. I like the snake graphic more than the hoops on their last primary. That said, this one would really benefit from some gold trim on the collar and/or cuffs. It’s really gonna piss me off if all of the shirts with the oversized shoulder stripes have solid-colored collars and cuffs rather than having some variety with different trim colors and different cuff stripes. The shoulder stripes would be a bit more tolerable if there was some variety with the collar/cuffs, but not if all of the shirts with the shoulder stripes end up being as plain as the ones leaked so far.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I’m kinda disappointed that most MLS teams aren’t sticking with any particular look to help them stand out in the world. Union should bring back its gold center stripe, Dallas needs its hoops back, and Fire should keep it’s red shirt with white bar. Then again, even English teams tweak their looks every now and then. ManU, known for its red/white/black combo, have been known to experiment with red socks, and even white ones, in their time, but that’s small taters compared to what our teams do.

2 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

I’m kinda disappointed that most MLS teams aren’t sticking with any particular look to help them stand out in the world. Union should bring back its gold center stripe, Dallas needs its hoops back, and Fire should keep it’s red shirt with white bar. Then again, even English teams tweak their looks every now and then. ManU, known for its red/white/black combo, have been known to experiment with red socks, and even white ones, in their time, but that’s small taters compared to what our teams do.

The Red Devils have always had black and white socks. They should never have red socks. They don't tend to experiment as much since the opponents uniform options help decide what socks they wear. In MLS, they seem to stick to the main sets and alternate between both sets at home and away which doesn't allow you to see teams swap out socks and shorts like you see in other leagues. As far as the Fire, is it possible that they sell so little merchandise that they kill it after next year, 2021? I can't see MLS letting them change after one year, because they seem to always be behind trends.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

plenty of big clubs mess with their iconic looks. 

West Ham never looks right in anything other than claret tops with blue sleeves, but they insist on doing stuff like this:

spacer.png

And you’d think Arsenal’s look is defining, but even they find a way to screw up red body, white sleeves. 

spacer.png

Similarly, it never looked right to me when Bayern adopted Arsenal’s look instead of their solid red shirt. 

spacer.png

And that’s not even getting into Barcelona’s confusing stripes with hoops and the like.  When clubs change so often, they can often drift too far from the ideal.  

I disagree with the hate for Miami's home shirt. I think all-white makes the most sense for a team that's a.) closely tied to Beckham and b.) channeling the Miami spirit.

A pink shirt might be nice or might be gaudy. I do think the away shirt ought to use more pink, though -- a black or graphite base with pink hoops/stripes would be a nice way to get more pink out there.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

plenty of big clubs mess with their iconic looks. 

West Ham never looks right in anything other than claret tops with blue sleeves, but they insist on doing stuff like this:

spacer.png

And you’d think Arsenal’s look is defining, but even they find a way to screw up red body, white sleeves. 

spacer.png

Similarly, it never looked right to me when Bayern adopted Arsenal’s look instead of their solid red shirt. 

spacer.png

And that’s not even getting into Barcelona’s confusing stripes with hoops and the like.  When clubs change so often, they can often drift too far from the ideal.  

West Ham kit is a modern take of their 70's kit.

Arsenal was a retro to 2nd half of 90's kit (They used 1998 Nigeria kit for that, but Arsenal also have navy pipelines on their shirts in that time).

Bayern wore reverse Arsenal (white jersey with red sleeves) in 30's, so maybe I'm adding a story to that, but this might be a homage to that times.

4r2eer.png

19 minutes ago, Digby said:

I disagree with the hate for Miami's home shirt. I think all-white makes the most sense for a team that's a.) closely tied to Beckham and b.) channeling the Miami spirit.

A pink shirt might be nice or might be gaudy. I do think the away shirt ought to use more pink, though -- a black or graphite base with pink hoops/stripes would be a nice way to get more pink out there.

I hope this is the plan going forward. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 hours ago, DG_Now said:

How in the world did they not have a pink shirt?

It was the easiest possible decision and they blew it.

This a team that couldn’t swallow it’s pride and just play in Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago. They were a straight-up tulpa not so long ago. I don’t trust them with any branding decisions and fully expect them to follow in the path of the Marlins’ organizational practices.  

59 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

West Ham kit is a modern take of their 70's kit.

Arsenal was a retro to 2nd half of 90's kit (They used 1998 Nigeria kit for that, but Arsenal also have navy pipelines on their shirts in that time).

Bayern wore reverse Arsenal (white jersey with red sleeves) in 30's, so maybe I'm adding a story to that, but this might be a homage to that times.

Yes, I realize that the West Ham kit is a throwback to an earlier time in which they abandoned their iconic kit. 

That still doesn't make it a good idea to abandon their iconic kit.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I just think you're wrong. Yes, everyone likes white because it goes with everything.

But if you're going to choose pink as a team color, you owe it to yourself and your fans to have a pink shirt. Bold choices require bold follow-through.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived