MLS Kits, 2020

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/3/2020 at 8:53 PM, DG_Now said:

It seems like you should be able to get that white shirt on a discount...but not yet! Or at least not what I'm willing to pay.

Problem is, from what I've experienced, the white shirt may be the fans' favorite (even eclipsing the green now). So, it's not going to be discounted since it's in high demand still. 

According from this article from Orlando City, there will be new a new font for the names and numbers on the back of jerseys this year. 

https://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2020/01/08/major-league-soccer-unveils-plans-25th-season-celebration-2020

Fans will notice a couple of new design elements around the 25th season as well. The most noticeable will be the special 25th season crest (pictured above), while on the field fans will notice a new font for names and numbers on players' jerseys. Teams will also be playing with a special 25th season celebration ball, the 2020 MLS adidas NATIVO XXV, which fill feature blue and green colors in a nod to the first MLS ball in 1996.

I'm guessing the numbers will be similar to the 25 in the picture below. Giving off some great Holland WC Vibes. 

Major League Soccer unveils plans for 25th season celebration in 2020

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Slightly odd that they're including teams in the retro merch who weren't in the league until many years after 96. It doesn't look like the Timbers even existed in any form in 96. Sounders and 86'ers (Whitecaps) were at least, you now, actual professional soccer clubs during that year. 

41 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Not a big fan of the NYC/League-centric reveal of this year's jerseys. The local unveils here in Atlanta have always been fun and enjoyable to go to.  

If it's mostly everyone wearing that horrible template I don't think it's something they need to show off. If the Retro MLS gear is actual retro stuff, that'll be awesome. Otherwise it'll be pretty annoying. Looking at what else that Mitchell and Ness have created for the league, I'm afraid it won't be copies of those original jerseys. 

Pics of the new league ball

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/25-years-of-mls-adidas-2020-mls-nativo-xxv-ball.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really, in theory, dig the new commemorative kit font. 

Dependent on how it fully shakes out, down for them to keep that going forward. Better than the current font imo.

And I don't mind them doing it in NYC. Seeing as the league office is there it sort of makes sense. 

Also: hyped that the new kits will get updated into FIFA 20. That'll be tight.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Notice the MetroStars are not on this list. 

15 hours ago, VikWings said:

Or the Tampa Bay Mutiny

15 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Or Miami Fusion

The Fusion were an expansion team, not a 1996 original.  The (ugh) Mutiny were.

Archived