NFL Helmets in Rival’s Colors

AOK66

2 hours ago, Jake3.roo said:

This is.. interesting. They all look cool, my favorites being the NFC North pairings.

I think the Eagles one would look better with a blue shell though.

Thanks!  I leaned towards that actually. I went in with kind of a loose strategy of maintaining a team’s style with the other teams colors. So, instead of doing the Seahawks helmet in gold (San Fran’s secondary color) I did it in red (SF’s primary color) since the Seahawks use their primary color (navy) as the helmet base. If that makes sense. That would also mean the Niners helmet should be neon green (Secondary, like 9ers gold) instead of navy (primary). So compromises were made. 

With Philly and Dallas, the problem was Philly’s secondary color is silver, the same as Dallas’. So if i stuck close to the rules, the helmets would have been really close to the originals. Dallas would have been silver with a midnight green star instead of navy. Eagles would have been an identical logo on a dark blue background instead of dark green. I chose to mix it up just to jar the norm a bit more. 

You can see the thought process a bit more in the Giants/Redskins. Instead of just swapping helmets and facemasks, the Giants got the maroon primary shells of Washington, but a gray facemask that fits their style. Washington got the blue primary of NY, but a red secondary facemask to match their standard gold secondary look. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived