NFL Tweaks & Redesigns

bbush24

Hey everyone,

As a Browns fan I didn't think life could get much worse in 2014. Then it got worse in every way. I wanted to redesign their uniforms, and had so much fun doing it that I decided to work on some other teams as well. I've done three teams so far and plan on doing a few more that I think could use some tweaks. They're all pretty simple, nothing crazy or revolutionary. Any feedback is appreciated. This is the first time I've ever done this, so feel free to roast me.

The order of teams I'm doing is pretty random, but first up is my Brownies. If you remember before the redesign disaster of 2015, a lot of Browns fans wanted new uniforms, claiming the old ones were getting stale. Of course, we didn't know how good we had it. So I obviously incorporated some similar elements of the classic Browns look, but with just a little more pop to satisfy the younger crowd.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The pics look fine to me. I like what you've done here. The only element of the Browns' current identity that I wish you would have kept is the brown facemask. Though the white mask is superior to the gray one, so I can dig it. 

The thin stripes on the shoulders and socks are a tad too thin. Honestly, I think the whole set would look fine if they were removed but if you're set on them I'd suggest thickening them a bit. Also, the numbers are huge. Scale those down some as well and you have a great concept. 

I look forward to seeing more. 

Next up is the Seahawks. I really like their current identity, but it just feels a bit too busy and Nike-ish to me, so I wanted to give it some tweaks to try and make it a little cleaner. I was originally planning on sticking to the one helmet rule, but that's no fun.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like your Browns concept. It's going to a classical route, with a little bit of "messing up the tradition" (in a good way), due to THE Ohio State approach. Maybe we can see something similar like this in 2020.

As for the Seahawks, I agree with what others have said, it's oversimplified. Maybe you could show the full sleeve detail, because I could not decipher if the sleeves have either the classical wrap-around seahawk logo from 1983 to 2001, or the small seahawk logo from the Matt Hasselbeck era.

Browns - Beautiful blend of old school meets new school. 

Seahawks - I love what you’re going for. And it’s all really well done, but there needs a little more. Since you’re shooting for the clean design, maybe just add a collar and sleeve band color like they had in 2002. That'll keep it clean, give it a little extra and utilize the past.

Archived