coco1997

Now that the Brewers and Padres are "fixed," which MLB team is next?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

 

If you said this anywhere within the border of Minnesota, you'd probably be dead... We literally say here better dead than red.

 

Miss State and Texas A&M are also maroon and not red. Also of all the other schools you list, only FSU and BC share colors. Everyone else is fairly unique in both shades and color usage. Get your colors straight...

 

And stop asking so many hypothetical questions... It's really annoying. 

maroon is a red just like burgundy, crimson and scarlet. If you want to stand out from your rival wear green 

 

Regardless the point remains. they wear similar colors so i don’t see it as an issue for divisions rivals to wear similar colors. We can split hairs all day about how the Cubs wear F1037 and that dodgers wear F1038 but the point is i don’t see similar color schemes as a problem especially for baseball when half the league is navy, red or both especially when the brewers looked nothing like the mariners though i agree the mariners should focus more on teal. The point is i personally think Miss State, TAMU, Arkansas and Alabama all have near identification color pallets


Side note to the main question I think the Marines are so close yet so far from the perfect uniforms. Make the red pink, blue teal, add piping on the front and make the blue jersey the away instead of gray (with Miami written on it of course) Maybe even make the numbers white on the black jerseys and an alt blue hat 

xpl0kiprupy11.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Reyes47 said:

maroon is a red just like burgundy, crimson and scarlet. If you want to stand out from your rival wear green 

 

Regardless the point remains. they wear similar colors so i don’t see it as an issue for divisions rivals to wear similar colors. We can split hairs all day about how the Cubs wear F1037 and that dodgers wear F1038 but the point is i don’t see similar color schemes as a problem especially for baseball when half the league is navy, red or both especially when the brewers looked nothing like the mariners though i agree the mariners should focus more on teal. The point is i personally think Miss State, TAMU, Arkansas and Alabama all have near identification color pallets

Sure it's a shade of red, but most people wouldn't call it that.

Here's a maroon jersey...

 Image result for gophers maroon jersey

Here's a red jersey.

 Image result for wisconsin hockey jersey

On top of that, the Gophers are maroon and gold, while the Badgers are red and white. No one is confusing them, or saying they have a similar color scheme. 

 

And just because you personally think that teams with vastly different shades are basically the same color scheme, doesn't mean you're right. You're on a forum where we do talk about the differences like that here. There were long discussions when the Rockies lightened their shade of purple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Sure it's a shade of red, but most people wouldn't call it that.

Here's a maroon jersey...

 Image result for gophers maroon jersey

Here's a red jersey.

 Image result for wisconsin hockey jersey

On top of that, the Gophers are maroon and gold, while the Badgers are red and white. No one is confusing them, or saying they have a similar color scheme. 

 

And just because you personally think that teams with vastly different shades are basically the same color scheme, doesn't mean you're right. You're on a forum where we do talk about the differences like that here. There were long discussions when the Rockies lightened their shade of purple. 

You’re missing the point. One person claimed that the Brewers navy and gold looked like Seattle despite Brewers having gold and teal. The point is i don’t see how two teams having similar colors is a bad thing especially since nearly every team in baseball wear navy and red. I just find navy and gold a much better combination for the brewers than blue and yellow. Navy ad gold matches the rust belt much better than bright blue and yellow and the logo and colors looked like a classic beer logo. The new logo is an obvious M and B making a glove which could be literally anyone with the initals of M and B. Yet everyone thinks it’s cool and clever. I’m generally against having the sports equipment being part of the logo. Imagine a football team having a helmet as the logo... wait

e6e88f68-b1ec-4dc9-a5ac-f83ce39fa604-202congrats Milwaukee now you’re like every MLB team. Then again the previous logo was another letter logo and before that it also included a baseball. But as i said they look more like a classic brewery logo than just baseball team No36. Like Milwaukee could change their name to anything and the logo would still apply (they could say the b stands for Milwaukee Baseball like the Habs say the H stands for hockey not Habs)

jLuri-1572368894-149888-blog-brewers%20l

Likewise I feel the same for Pitt. I don’t think it matters that their colors were similar to Notre Dame or Navy and that again navy and yellow looks better for the rust belt. On top of that I just liked the numbers and striping of the previous set better. the new one feels bland.

 

maxresdefault.jpg

 

Not to mention throwbacks will feel redundant. Like i use to love the steelers throwbacks but their new ones just feel redundant and look exactly the same. At least the bumblebees look different and you could tell they were different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reyes47 said:

You’re missing the point. One person claimed that the Brewers navy and gold looked like Seattle despite Brewers having gold and teal. The point is i don’t see how two teams having similar colors is a bad thing especially since nearly every team in baseball wear navy and red. I just find navy and gold a much better combination for the brewers than blue and yellow. Navy ad gold matches the rust belt much better than bright blue and yellow and the logo and colors looked like a classic beer logo. The new logo is an obvious M and B making a glove which could be literally anyone with the initals of M and B. Yet everyone thinks it’s cool and clever. I’m generally against having the sports equipment being part of the logo. Imagine a football team having a helmet as the logo... wait

e6e88f68-b1ec-4dc9-a5ac-f83ce39fa604-202congrats Milwaukee now you’re like every MLB team. Then again the previous logo was another letter logo and before that it also included a baseball. But as i said they look more like a classic brewery logo than just baseball team No36. Like Milwaukee could change their name to anything and the logo would still apply (they could say the b stands for Milwaukee Baseball like the Habs say the H stands for hockey not Habs)

jLuri-1572368894-149888-blog-brewers%20l

Likewise I feel the same for Pitt. I don’t think it matters that their colors were similar to Notre Dame or Navy and that again navy and yellow looks better for the rust belt. On top of that I just liked the numbers and striping of the previous set better. the new one feels bland.

 

maxresdefault.jpg

 

Not to mention throwbacks will feel redundant. Like i use to love the steelers throwbacks but their new ones just feel redundant and look exactly the same. At least the bumblebees look different and you could tell they were different

Well you’re arguing that someone is saying that the Brewers and the Mariners have the same color scheme and are mixing them up, but you’re also saying that teams like the Gophers and the Badgers have the same colors. That’s confusing. 
 

I do agree that the Brewers and Mariners are different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Well you’re arguing that someone is saying that the Brewers and the Mariners have the same color scheme and are mixing them up, but you’re also saying that teams like the Gophers and the Badgers have the same colors. That’s confusing. 
 

I do agree that the Brewers and Mariners are different. 

my point is i don’t think it is an issue for two teams to have similar colors. Alabama TAMU and Miss State all have similar color schemes but no one is saying they need to change. I just think the older uniforms for Milwaukee and Pitt look much better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 1:15 PM, Ark said:

Phillies in Maroon

 

Hopefully the road uniform is grey and Powder Blue is an alternate. 

 

Yeah, either Phillies switch back to the set they've been using as an alternate, or they REALLY need to tweak the currents. The script is too fat and the number font is straight up goofy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 5:35 PM, Reyes47 said:

Alright what about Pitt then? should they keep navy and gold because Pennsylvania is a rust belt state like Indiana? does the same go for Milwaukee Brewers? Let’s be real these are just changes to cash in on trends 


I’ll agree that Pittsburgh is “rust belt”, but PA is hardly a “rust belt state like Indiana”. 

 

On 12/11/2019 at 10:18 AM, ScubaSteve said:

 

Yeah, either Phillies switch back to the set they've been using as an alternate, or they REALLY need to tweak the currents. The script is too fat and the number font is straight up goofy.


Yep, I’ve said that about the currents forever. The best move would be a script and cap more similar to the 50s, but with darker (not maroon) red - I think there’s a couple variations of red in MLB (like navy), and the Phillies use the wrong one. 
 

the throwback set they’ve been diluting their identity with isn’t even the best version of that look, as the 87-91 was superior (including the switch to gray roads in ‘89, but that’s certainly debatable). The thing is, those were designed to be worn tight and look sleek, and look silly in today’s cuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, Reyes47 said:

 The new logo is an obvious M and B making a glove which could be literally anyone with the initals of M and B. Yet everyone thinks it’s cool and clever. I’m generally against having the sports equipment being part of the logo. Imagine a football team having a helmet as the logo... wait

e6e88f68-b1ec-4dc9-a5ac-f83ce39fa604-202congrats Milwaukee now you’re like every MLB team. Then again the previous logo was another letter logo and before that it also included a baseball. But as i said they look more like a classic brewery logo than just baseball team No36. Like Milwaukee could change their name to anything and the logo would still apply (they could say the b stands for Milwaukee Baseball like the Habs say the H stands for hockey not Habs)

 

My god, that's the first time anyone has ever made that point.... I must inform my fellow Sconnies to burn everything with our beloved icon because it's just a bad logo that has nothing to do with brewing!

 

I'm sorry, but I agree with the other guy. Your constant moving of the goalposts with annoying hypotheticals and claims that clearly different colors are the same is making it incredibly hard to comprehend your comments. And the only actual points you've made are ones that have been debunked many times over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NicDB said:

 

My god, that's the first time anyone has ever made that point.... I must inform my fellow Sconnies to burn everything with our beloved icon because it's just a bad logo that has nothing to do with brewing!

 

I'm sorry, but I agree with the other guy. Your constant moving of the goalposts with annoying hypotheticals and claims that clearly different colors are the same is making it incredibly hard to comprehend your comments. And the only actual points you've made are ones that have been debunked many times over.

I’m not moving goal posts. Saying i am doesn’t make it so 

 

regardless I don’t know why you’re getting defensive. That’s just my opinion as to why i don’t care for the logo ads primary logo. I prefer logos that actually say something about the team name and aren’t just initials 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, Bobster said:

Suddenly, with the Brewers moving to the National league in 1998, having them share a color with the Chicago Cubs made this an issue for some reason, even though twenty years earlier they shared the same colors as another in-division expansion franchise and nobody cared?  I don't buy it.  I think it was more a case of the Brewers seeing an opportunity to rebrand and cash in on new colors and merchandise.

 

That had absolutely nothing to do with the color change.  The Brewers were still in the American League when they moved to navy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, Reyes47 said:

I’m not moving goal posts. Saying i am doesn’t make it so 

 

No, but your moving the goalposts definitely does. 😉

 

On 12/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, Reyes47 said:

regardless I don’t know why you’re getting defensive.

 

Personal attacks usually indicate knowledge of a weak argument. 
 

They're criticizing the substance of your posts, not you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Angels. Its crazy to me that they're still wearing what is easily their worst look.


You realize what those uniforms replaced, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Angels. Its crazy to me that they're still wearing what is easily their worst look.

 

I think it's their best look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I think it's their best look.

 

Take away the redundant patches, change the silver halo to gold, put "Los Angeles" on the road, and incinerate the red-on-red alternate, and you have the platonic ideal of the Angels' identity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kroywen said:

 

Take away the redundant patches, change the silver halo to gold, put "Los Angeles" on the road, and incinerate the red-on-red alternate, and you have the platonic ideal of the Angels' identity.  

Agree with all of it because putting LA on the road. 
 

i really like, and no team should copy it, the focal point of the angels brand being the name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reds and Angels could use some tweaks. Rays could use more substantial changes. 

 

Unpopular opinion: Phillies’ wacky cartoonish number font is cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 11:30 AM, kroywen said:

 

Take away the redundant patches, change the silver halo to gold, put "Los Angeles" on the road, and incinerate the red-on-red alternate, and you have the platonic ideal of the Angels' identity.  


Seconded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never like it when the jersey script and numbers are the same color as the base. Outline or not, they still don't look like they go together. Maybe the Angels' red jerseys would look better with a white script and numbers, but I don't know. I also think their caps should be navy. I don't care if they look like Boston; they wouldn't be the first team to look like another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 8:10 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I think it's their best look.

So do I.  They took that very Twins/Indians/Red Sox color scheme, made it red-dominant and I think it looks great while still being "the Halos."  I do agree they need to use the halo-A a little bit less (both sleeves? Come on.)  I like the dark red and, believe it or not, the red-on-red look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.