Now that the Brewers and Padres are "fixed," which MLB team is next?

coco1997

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rays should absolutely be near the top of a refresh list. Their social media leans so heavily into bright colors, especially yellow, but the uniforms are just navy. In fact, I want to see them try a yellow dominant look, similar to the old Athletics. Powder and navy blue can still stay on as accents, of course.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The Rays should absolutely be near the top of a refresh list. Their social media leans so heavily into bright colors, especially yellow, but the uniforms are just navy. In fact, I want to see them try a yellow dominant look, similar to the old Athletics. Powder and navy blue can still stay on as accents, of course.

Teams social media departments and design departments are completely separate, social media using a particular font or color scheme does not mean anything about the uniforms, or logos.

12 hours ago, dont care said:

Teams social media departments and design departments are completely separate, social media using a particular font or color scheme does not mean anything about the uniforms, or logos.

I don't want to speak for @Magic Dynasty, but I have a feeling they're not under the impression that it means anything, but rather that the regular use of yellow by the social media team sparked an interest in seeing the Rays lean into the brighter colors rather than relying on navy.

I'd love to see a little more color throughout MLB, so I tend to agree.

3 hours ago, Tru3 said:

I don't want to speak for @Magic Dynasty, but I have a feeling they're not under the impression that it means anything, but rather that the regular use of yellow by the social media team sparked an interest in seeing the Rays lean into the brighter colors rather than relying on navy.

I'd love to see a little more color throughout MLB, so I tend to agree.

You said it better than I could. I’d love to see a yellow dominant identity, similar to this picture (among others) from social media:

A6367962-82-E3-460-C-86-FA-55-F1-E857-A7

Except with some light blue in the look as well.

ExJworW.png

The Rays should have made columbia blue their primary color with forest green and canary yellow accents. The irony of sky blue for an indoor team is not lost on me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

You said it better than I could. I’d love to see a yellow dominant identity, similar to this picture (among others) from social media:

A6367962-82-E3-460-C-86-FA-55-F1-E857-A7

Except with some light blue in the look as well.

It feels much more like the (sun) Rays with the yellow used more frequently as well. Despite the fact that they are an indoor team as @the admiral points out, which now that I've thought about really makes the identity disjointed, doesn't it?

Archived