Sodboy13

MLS Chicago Fire FC Reveal Disappointing New Logo

Christ, I hope not.

What is that even supposed to be???

And they wouldn't possibly can one of the best crests in MLS for THAT, would they?

It reminds me of seeing the logo histories of some English teams, which have minor variations of a swallow or deer for 60-80 years then suddenly change to some modern design in the 70s, before switching back to a modernized version of an old logo 20 years later.

On it's own, it's fine, and could really be a launching pad for some nice uniform elements - an argyle pattern, etc. But the problem would be in 2 years that would get shelved for some Adidas or nike template that looks like denim or a false sash or something, only to replaced by another radical redesign in another 2 years.

I don't really have any attachment to the current logo besides knowing it's a fireman's cross. I guess it still is? For now?

Has to be fake, right? That’s terrible. A few months ago, there was another possible leak, but I don’t think anyone could ever verify the authenticity. But it’s much better than the above design. It has way too many outlines but the core idea is good.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Has to be fake, right? That’s terrible. A few months ago, there was another possible leak, but I don’t think anyone could ever verify the authenticity. But it’s much better than the above design. It has way too many outlines but the core idea is good.

spacer.png

Before Hauptman sold his stake to Mansueto, the rumors were hot and heavy that the team would undergo a full rebrand to "Chicago City" for the move to Soldier Field. This is almost certainly somebody's concept, because it would clearly get the entire league sued out of existence.

Well, If I'm going to review this logo I'd say it certainly is on "fire".

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

That one was a fan concept. 

6 hours ago, schlim said:

On it's own, it's fine

No, it’s really not. 

It sort of reminds me of Ween’s logo

spacer.png

That logo looks terrible. It looks like they meant to split the difference between a Chicago flag star and a fire, achieving neither. It looks like a crown. As bad as or worse than the Chicago Cubs City concept.

4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

No, it’s really not. 

It sort of reminds me of Ween’s logo

Do you have something against Ween? ;)

11 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Christ, I hope not.

That logo belongs on a 1970's World Football League helmet. Bleh. 

I don't get this whole rebrand the Fire thing.

It's a good name. The current shape of the logo is really great for for a soccer crest. 

Even the red shirt with the white stripe across the front is great and unique to the fire.

The problem has never been the brand, don't "fix" the part that's not broken 

11 minutes ago, schlim said:

Do you have something against Ween? ;)

Oh, absolutely not. The Mollusk is one of my favorite albums of all time. I just thought the spikes at the top reminded of that logo 😂

The Ween logo is WAY better, too. 

11 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Christ, I hope not.

Go home Torquay! You're drunk!

1NUrBC4.jpg

Fire's crest doesn’t need to be changed. It needs to be tweaked. Looks to me there’s a little more gray than there needs to be.

Any idea why the tweet says "image #69"? Is it feasible that this is one of several drafts of a potential new logo and not necessarily THE new logo?

"Cursed image #xxx" was a popular meme at one time.