MLS Chicago Fire FC Reveal Disappointing New Logo

Sodboy13

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Good, that shield is just as bad as the one it would replace.

What happened to it only lasting a year though? Did COVID push that back?

Probably MLS wanting to get through this year's kits.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Jamikel said:

Chicago would be wise to actually adopt that color scheme, because it is straight fire.

Makes too much sense, alas. Too bad they can't hire or at least share the designers who built the Red Stars identity. Sometimes the obvious answer is obvious for good reason. No more galaxy-brain nonsense about reflections and distorted stars and completely arbitrary choices in blue.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

So the current Fire wears navy blue at home, and this concept that was mistaken for the real deal has a light blue background, strongly implying that that emblem was meant to be worn on light blue shirts. Does anyone else find it odd that red is being downplayed so much?

On 12/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, FiddySicks said:

How do people like that keep getting jobs? I wish I could be that incompetent and still raking in the dough. 

MOD EDIT

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 12/19/2020 at 7:31 AM, Digby said:

Makes too much sense, alas. Too bad they can't hire or at least share the designers who built the Red Stars identity. Sometimes the obvious answer is obvious for good reason. No more galaxy-brain nonsense about reflections and distorted stars and completely arbitrary choices in blue.

Why couldn’t they hire people who worked in that project?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

13 hours ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

Maybe it is just my screen making the red look pink, but that looks much more Miami Beach than Chicago?

It's your screen. That's definitely red.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

15 hours ago, Lana_del_Bae said:

If they wanna build an identity around the fire crown thingy instead of the cross they need to pick a better shape to house it in other than generic MLS shield shape

What gets me is that the fire crown thingy is the whole reason for the controversy. Had something been different in the middle of that oblong shield they would not be talking about changing it. Recoloring the crown and making the shield a different shape does not solve anything. It needs to either go back to the way it was or be completely different. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, henburg said:

From the SVP of Marketing for the Chicago Fire...

Even though this hurts my eyes the longer I look at it (literally, not figuratively), it's STILL miles ahead of the one they have... now?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived