Sodboy13

MLS Chicago Fire FC Reveal Disappointing New Logo

1 hour ago, Wings said:

That logo belongs on a 1970's World Football League helmet. Bleh. 

12380680%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Don't you go blaspheming around here.

Chicago has done such a nice job laying the groundwork to come back from the brink... this would be an utterly predictable way to shoot themselves in the foot after all that. Hoping this is all a fake.

Quoting a board member from another platform, because we live in meta times:

If this wasn't it, you'd think the Fire would want to distance themselves from it in no uncertain terms. Of course, this is the Fire, so who knows.

That dude is an amazing reporter, handsome, and smells great. :)

In all seriousness, I’ll have plenty on the new logo when/if one comes out. It’s a topic that interests me greatly. Obviously. 

Here’s something I wrote on the topic a month ago. Seems relevant today. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/2019/10/19/20921714/chicago-fire-mls-logo-joe-mansueto-nelson-rodriguez-leeds-united-sports-uniforms

23 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

That dude is an amazing reporter, handsome, and smells great. :)

In all seriousness, I’ll have plenty on the new logo when/if one comes out. It’s a topic that interests me greatly. Obviously. 

Well look at you, Mr. Blue Checkmark. 

11 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Well look at you, Mr. Blue Checkmark. 

I am absolutely one of the least-qualified people to be Verified. 

2 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Oh, I HIGHLY doubt that. 

Good for you, man. 

3 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I've seen some people that are verified and most likely deserve it a lot less than you do!

Ha! Thanks guys!

Let’s just say I feel like nobody covering the story is more qualified than me to write about it. 

12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Before Hauptman sold his stake to Mansueto, the rumors were hot and heavy that the team would undergo a full rebrand to "Chicago City" for the move to Soldier Field. This is almost certainly somebody's concept, because it would clearly get the entire league sued out of existence.

Getting fed up with the generic Euro branding. Go with Chicago Fire FC or SC or for a total rebrand, bring back the Sting - Chicago Sting FC or SC.

Their current crest is unique and fine.  And if the Fire had more success with their crest, they wouldn't even think of changing it, especially to the one in the OP. That's all this is about. It's like when a person goes through a mid-life crisis and dyes their hair some terrible color. It's not really about the hair. 

Chicago City would be a joke.

Chicago Town - as in Chi-town - actually sounds kind of cool to me. But Fire is established and already a decent brand so I don’t see any reason to change. Just hopefully not to the aforementioned logo.

The only change I'd make to the Fire's logo is the font. It looks too Verdana to me. That's it, the rest is fine.

v0dYD3Om.jpg

This is, quite simply, horrendous. It would instantly become the worst team primary mark amongst all Major League Soccer franchises. And bear in mind that MLS counts the logos of the New England Revolution, San Jose Earthquakes and Sporting Kansas City amongst its visual branding elements. You have to delve down to the level of the USL Championship's Austin Bold FC to even come close to something as breathtakingly bad as this purported Chicago Fire badge... and not even the Bold's logo hits this nadir of design.    

7 hours ago, Wings said:

That logo belongs on a 1970's World Football League helmet. Bleh. 

But still not on the Chicago Fire's.  Because even that would be a downgrade.

spacer.png

EDIT: Ope.  DIdn't see this point had already been made on page 2.

I thought this is Illinois, not Arizona. Because, that new logo reminds me of Navajo blanket patterns.

fe481eaefd181d4989b460b2e0d36daf.jpg

For me, the logo rates somewhere between "Dumpster Fire" and "Kill it with Fire".

1 hour ago, Eastport76 said:

I thought this is Illinois, not Arizona. Because, that new logo reminds me of Navajo blanket patterns.

There's a neighborhood in Hoffman Estates where all the streets are named after Arizona locations: Flagstaff, Kingman, Maricopa, Glendale, Grand Canyon. It's strange, because you would think Arizonans would be the ones naming streets after places back home.

Thanks for subscribing to Northwest Suburbs Content.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:38 AM, Sodboy13 said:

12380680%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Don't you go blaspheming around here.

I actually like that helmet until they became the Chicago Winds the following season with a white helmet & a giant W logo.