Chicago Fire Logo Redesign (Not Garbage Version) -- Update

MDGP

Much better than what we have right now. I'd add words to reduce the amount of empty space, but otherwise you definitely improved the C and the star dynamic and fixed the taper of the (swoops) red lines around the edges.

tinysig.jpg

Great logo. That’s all that needs to be said. I hadn’t seen the new logo until I just googled it now, but... yikes. Their old one wasn’t bad and this new one is terrible. But you took the good elements from the old one and simplified it, and there’s not really anything you could do to make it better. Fantastic work!

On 11/21/2019 at 8:40 PM, Lafarge said:

Give me my :censored: ing money, Chicago.

VqrJMP4.png

I want to see you figure out a way to work the club name into this somehow. But yeah, like everyone else has said...WAY WAY better. That's just about as perfect an update as one can get.

(I'd probably make that Bryant just a smidge smaller than what it is presently, but looking at the line grid I can see why you made it the size that it is.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's... it's... it's beautiful.

I do agree with @the admiral that the "c" is probably too close to the Cubs C, but there are worse sins. Like the entirety of the actual new Fire logo.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Thanks everyone for the comments and likes! I'm honestly a bit surprised at just how positive the reaction has been! Got a few updates below based on suggestions.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:10 AM, Jake3.roo said:

Much better than what we have right now. I'd add words to reduce the amount of empty space, but otherwise you definitely improved the C and the star dynamic and fixed the taper of the (swoops) red lines around the edges.

19 hours ago, Buc said:

I want to see you figure out a way to work the club name into this somehow. But yeah, like everyone else has said...WAY WAY better. That's just about as perfect an update as one can get.

(I'd probably make that Bryant just a smidge smaller than what it is presently, but looking at the line grid I can see why you made it the size that it is.)

I actually always intended to have the club name on the crest, but due to an accidental purging of my fonts, I wasn't able to find a font I felt worked for a bit, then got impatient and just posted it. Luckily, while repopulating my fontbook I found several that worked well. I certainly agree, it looks more complete with the team name on there.

19 hours ago, the admiral said:

Very, very good, but consider making the C look a little different from the Cubs' C. Maybe flat on the ends like Helvetica? 

That was actually the first thing I thought too when I was designing it originally, but then I got distracted by the whole grid thing that Buc mentioned, and here we are. One of the two updates features a version with your suggestion that I think looks pretty solid and would probably be a better option if this were used in real life.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:52 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

I think it's both funny and sad that the people on these boards do unpaid work about a billion times better than "professionals" who have their work used. Excellent work here!

Tell me about it. I'm still amazed at the number of designers who I thought were professionals back when I joined who, I found out over time, aren't. And I think the industry is MUCH worse off for it.

Alright, update time. Two sets, four versions overall. Designs on the left feature the original logo with the team name, designs on the right feature updates based on your suggestions. The name is white on the top two and in grey on bottom, similar to the original crest.

UwPQKsX.png

XaAZaIu.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Top right wins it for me. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived