2020 NASCAR Season Thread

DCarp1231

14 hours ago, DEAD! said:

It shouldn't matter who it is. That person should be banned from NASCAR for life. I would even argue if that person has an immediate family, they should be banned as well. 

Woah. Don't get me wrong, whoever this man or woman is, they're a total bastard and they deserve a lifetime ban from being within 5 miles of a NASCAR track. But you really want to be careful when it comes to punishing family members.  

Or, don't do it at all. The son shouldn't be punished for the sins of the father and all that.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best news possible:

Not a hate crime. Not a hoax. A huge misunderstanding.

People are going to drag Bubba about this, but it's not him who reported it. A crew member found it and Bubba apparently never saw it.

It's a little embarrassing that a huge deal was made over this, but I'd rather have "embarrassing" over "racist" 100 times out of 100.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

13 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Best news possible:

People are going to drag Bubba about this, but it's not him who reported it. A crew member found it and Bubba apparently never saw it.

It's a little embarrassing that a huge deal was made over this, but I'd rather have "embarrassing" over "racist" 100 times out of 100.

Oh thank God. I'm only concerned that this may be too little too late to really change the story (considering all the unfortunate stereotypes surrounding NASCAR and their fans) but it's a better outcome than a racist track worker or Bubba Wallace being a sociopath who manipulates racial strife for personal gain.

8 minutes ago, Red Comet said:
20 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Best news possible:

Oh thank God. I'm only concerned that this may be too little too late to really change the story (considering all the unfortunate stereotypes surrounding NASCAR and their fans) but it's a better outcome than a racist track worker or Bubba Wallace being a sociopath who manipulates racial strife for personal gain.

Well, it doesn't exactly reflect well on the Racing community that a noose-like object has been hanging in the garage of a NASCAR track for at least 6 months. With that being said, I am very glad that this wasn't a racist hate crime.

6 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

Well, it doesn't exactly reflect well on the Racing community that a noose-like object has been hanging in the garage of a NASCAR track for at least 6 months. With that being said, I am very glad that this wasn't a racist hate crime.

I think its simply they didn't think it through beyond having an easy grip to open and shut the garage door. Probably should be a ball at the end instead, honestly.

9 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I think its simply they didn't think it through beyond having an easy grip to open and shut the garage door. Probably should be a ball at the end instead, honestly.

Either that or outfit every car with a garage door opener.

in this day and age, why wouldn't whoever saw it have taken a photo of it?  People take photos of literally everything that they think is anything - but they found what they reported to be a noose and a hate crime but didn't think to document it?  Was everyone out of storage on their phones or something?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

This would appear to contradict the reports that he didn't see it.

More quotes on his Twitter account. Apparently Bubba asked his crew chief for clarification, his crew chief told Cup Series management director Jay Fabian and he was the one who launched an investigation. There was already a heightened air of security and concern coming into this race and this put it over the top and into what has transpired.

All of these are basically allegations until its all officially clarified but that is the latest I'm seeing now. If so, then NASCAR went bonkers on this before completing the investigation. 

I saw a video of the garage area, and specifically garage 4 which was bubbas for this race for last fall, there was a rope tied like a noose as a pull down handle. I also saw a video from when the garages where first build and all of the pull down ropes where done with loops at the end (not nooses but most came undone in the 15+ years so it makes sense that someone along the time would fashion a new loop as a noose) How a NASCAR crew who has been going there for years wasn’t able to realize that what it was has to be stupid or trying to incite something.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

I saw a video of the garage area, and specifically garage 4 which was bubbas for this race for last fall, there was a rope tied like a noose as a pull down handle. I also saw a video from when the garages where first build and all of the pull down ropes where done with loops at the end (not nooses but most came undone in the 15+ years so it makes sense that someone along the time would fashion a new loop as a noose) How a NASCAR crew who has been going there for years wasn’t able to realize that what it was has to be stupid or trying to incite something.

This is the pulldown in question.  I can understand how there was a misunderstanding since I'm pretty sure the other pulldowns aren't tied like actual nooses like this one appears to be and there's no reason anybody on Bubba's team would have seen this one if it's only been like that since October but it feels like NASCAR could've sorted it out sooner.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-RFgufoFxoZBwNsL2oT_

IUe6Hvh.png

10 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

https://twitter.com/BubbaWallace/status/1275844030144950272

Bubba Wallace releases a statement. Alright, now let's learn from this and be better people to each other. 

And start by not reading the comments on that tweet.

People suck.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived