British Premier League soccer concepts

ScotM

Next is Manchester City, sponsored by Manchester Airport.

spacer.png
Manchester City's logo features a symmetrical golden eagle with its wings fully spread. A shield over top has a golden boat from the coat of arms, with three white and three light blue stripes to represent the rivers that run through the city. This motif is further echoed in the away top.

Kits are manufactured by Umbro, and sponsored by Manchester Airport.

Next is Hibernian from Leith, Edinburgh, sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland.
spacer.png

Hibernian's logo has been simplified to include the roundel and a harp to honour the Irish community in Edinburgh that started the club. Hibernian Football Club and Leith, Edinburgh are featured within the Kelly green circle. Finishing the logo off is horizontal banners at either side with 1975 in them to signify the year the club was formed.

Club shirts are manufactured by Nike and sponsored by RBS, the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Here's the info sheet for Rangers FC, the first Glasgow based club. Their shirts are sponsored by local soft drink, Irn Bru.

spacer.png
Ranger Football Club's famous intertwined RFC crest has been simplified and modernized. All of the club's initials are combined horizontally and more legibly. 

Shirts are manufactured by Adidas, who sponsored the club during it's most successful years. Shirts are sponsored by Irn Bru, the national soft drink of Scotland, founded in Glasgow in 1901.

Everton are next in their familiar blue kits, sponsored by charity foundation, Everton in the Community.

spacer.png

The Everton crest has gone through so many minor changes, and I wanted to stay true to the previous design history, while still updating it ever so slightly. In the end, I decided to remove the shield shape, the Latin phrasing (Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, Nothing but the best is good enough.) Instead, I used the laurel wreath as a holder for the Everton Lock-Up tower, which was constructed in 1787 (100 years prior to the club's formation), and has featured on the club's badges since 1937. Above the wreath in arching font, the club name is written in full. Below the wreath is 1878, the year the club was founded.

Everton's kits are manufactured by Umbro, who originally made the club's shirts back in the 1970's. Charity sponsor Everton in the Community adorns the front.

The second to last team in this series, is Hearts of Midlothian, or Hearts FC for short. The Edinburgh area club is sponsored by local brewery, Innis & Gunn.

spacer.png

Hearts’ crest has been simplified to include the circular brick shape from the original logo inspire by the heart mosaic on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. It never made sense to me that the previous logo included the colour gold, or yellowish orange, depending on the year. I’ve removed this unnecessary colour, and replaced it with a light grey to resemble the stone. Within the circular shape is a grey heart with a maroon soccer ball inside it. The initials HM at the top, for Hearts of Midlothian, and FC for football club on either side. The year 1874 is at the base of the heart.

The club’s shirts are manufactured by Umbro and sponsored by local beer, Innis & Gunn.

The final team on my list is Celtic FC, sponsored by Tennent's Lager.

spacer.png

I've simplified Celtic's crest by removing the over complicated shamrock veining and inner circle design. In it's place is a minimal four leaf clover and arched text. At the top, the full club name, and 1888 fills out the bottom, the year Celtic was founded.

Shirts are manufactured by Nike and sponsored by Tennent's Lager, brewed by Wellpark Brewery in the East End of Glasgow, Scotland. 

Up first in the football shirt redesigns is the Arsenal home/away tops. 

spacer.png

I used a similar colour and v neck Adidas style shirt, but overlayed a four sided star pattern on the home and geometric rhombus style pointillism pattern on the away top. With this redesign I wanted to pay tribute to the famous Bruised Banana and 1992 FA Cup Winners shirts, without blatantly copying them. On the inside collar of the home shirt is the Arsenal slogan Victoria Concordia Crescit (Victory Through Harmony), and Arsenal Till I Die on the inside collar of the away.

Arsenal's third is inspired by the 2017 Puma kit that was quite popular with supporters.

spacer.png
This top features the pointillism rhombus pattern from the away in light grey, and magenta accents on the collar, badge and Adidas sponsor logo. Mirroring the home kit, Victoria Concordia Crescit is on the inside collar in magenta.

Archived