Pyromania1983's Nike NBA Concepts (UPDATE: 2/8/2019 Miami Heat)

Pyromania1983

I joined just a few months ago after years of lurking here, so I thought I might as well get started on sharing my own concepts with the community. I am trying to make a Nike set for NBA teams (consisting of association, icon, statement, and either one or the other of a city or a classic). I started with my favorite, also slightly updated their primary and alternate logo.

Philadelphia 76ers - White (Association); Red (Icon); Blue (Statement); White (Classic - 2001 Home Uniform)

Post image

Okay, my next concept is for the Boston Celtics. I hope that I have not become too revolutionary and changed their identity too much. Firstly, and most apparently, I added orange to their color scheme, paying more homage to the Irish heritage of the Boston area and of the Celtics team identity. And secondly, I have changed the green to a slightly darker shade to contrast better with the orange and the white. For the Celtics city jersey, I changed the gold to a darker shade than the one they used last season on their city and earned uniforms because those ones seemed to match too closely with that of the Lakers (or what the Lakers should look like). This city uni celebrates the many championships that have been accomplished by Boston sports teams (Celtics in particular) by making gold the primary (and well-known championship) color of the uniform. Sure I played it a bit safe. But why fix something that isn't broken?

Boston Celtics - White (Association); Green (Icon); Orange (Statement); Gold (City)

VDno9mb.jpg

• Pyromania1983 changed the title to Pyromania1983's Nike NBA Concepts (UPDATE: 12/1/2019 Boston Celtics)

Yeah... I don't know. A lot of the Celtics' heritage comes from those uniforms. The main issue is that orange dominates, especially in the home set, more than it is an accent. I'd be interested to see a similar design with orange used more sparingly. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar being used as a City Edition jersey design

2 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Yeah... I don't know. A lot of the Celtics' heritage comes from those uniforms. The main issue is that orange dominates, especially in the home set, more than it is an accent. I'd be interested to see a similar design with orange used more sparingly. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar being used as a City Edition jersey design

I thought the same when I saw the home, if you're gonna add a color to a classic team like the Celtics it should just be an accent. I'm not opposed to the color scheme, it reminds me of my Hurricanes, but it is hard to see the Celtics in something other than just plain green and white. 

• 2 months later...

I have finally been able to complete my next concept, this time the Miami Heat. I don't know if I'd actually support going "Vice" full-time for them, but I decided to make that the theme of my newest concept. Fairly simple. Bringing back some history in the design with a Miami Floridians ABA-style design, and mixed it with the Heat's "Vice" identity.

autdaymjutf41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

• Pyromania1983 changed the title to Pyromania1983's Nike NBA Concepts (UPDATE: 2/8/2019 Miami Heat)

The pink could be the earned, but I think you really need something else for the city.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

You could never do that to the Celtics but the white and green jerseys are fantastic.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 2/8/2020 at 10:40 PM, Pyromania1983 said:

I have finally been able to complete my next concept, this time the Miami Heat. I don't know if I'd actually support going "Vice" full-time for them, but I decided to make that the theme of my newest concept. Fairly simple. Bringing back some history in the design with a Miami Floridians ABA-style design, and mixed it with the Heat's "Vice" identity.

autdaymjutf41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Miami should just scrap what they have now and go full tilt with this. 🔥🔥🔥

Archived