Atlanta Falcons Updated Identity Concept

HuntTheJones

So, after watching the game last night, it occurred to me that the Atlanta Falcons have some untapped potential with their identity, and could actually look really good. Any and all feedback welcome! Here's my fix starting with logo:

spacer.png

Falcons Logo Concept by HuntTheJones

(Based on the combination of the Throwback Logo & Current Logo)

So the first is obvious. Take the old logo that's still so popular among the fanbase (at least the ones I know) and the current logo (which I think is actually pretty good) and combine them for a modernized version to make everyone happy. Up next, turf design:

spacer.png

Falcons Turf Concept for Mercedes-Benz Stadium

Last night made it clear that the throwback turf design is the look Atlanta needs. That said, there is nothing wrong with the current font style they have. So, sticking with the theme of the logo, find a happy medium. Up next, helmet design:

spacer.png

Falcons Helmet Concept

Nice and simple, just like the helmet they already have. A gloss black shell with nothing but the new logo on each side gets the job done. Up next, uniform design:

spacer.png

Black Home Primary

spacer.png

White Road Primary

spacer.png

Red Home Alternate

This is my favorite part. The basis is that each design is based on the throwback worn last night. Their current design is outdated, and nothing stands the test of time like the classic. So, put the current number font, new logo on the sleeves, and "ATLANTA" in small block on the chest. Keep the same pants design as well, just make the primary the old school silver. Rotate white and all black in the mix so you never get stale. Black jersey becomes primary Home, White jersey goes back to Black numbers, & Red jersey becomes alternate.

C&C welcome!

spacer.png

This is niiiiice!

The only thing I can think to add is maybe experiment with some gold accents, like the stripes from the Falcons original helmet.  Perhaps try Packers/Steelers gold if metallic gold proves to be too much of a Saints color.  Otherwise I'd say this is a great blend of past and present.  Well done!

The logo is a nice combo of the two! It might need a thicker white outline on the black helmet though. Also, how would it look without the spikes on the end of the feathers?

The jerseys are solid but a bit too black-heavy for my taste. Both the throwback and current ATL jerseys are fairly balanced between red & black with different colored helmet and jersey. If you keep the black helmet, maybe you should go black/red/black, black/red/silver, or black/black/red (!) for the primary.

• 1 month later...

The all black pants seems to similar too what the Saints already do in that division. The silver pants seem incongruous with the rest of the set given the absence of silver on the helmet or jersey. Maybe go thin silver-black-red-black-thin silver striping on all three pants, helmet and the jersey collar and cuffs? 

Archived