Good Ideas, Wrong Team

This thread is based on something brewing in my head lately and thought it could make for an interesting thread, if others had similar thoughts for other teams before. Ever saw a uniform’s design and thought it’d be better suited for another team? Or even thought “I wish *insert team here* wore something like that instead”?

The thought occurred to me rather randomly a couple of days ago that, while the uniform design for the Jaguars just doesn’t work for them at all in my opinion, I think the general concept would’ve worked really well for the Cardinals. 

Of course the helmet would absolutely need to be white rather than black, but I think the modern take on classic simplicity that the Jaguars tried to employ would’ve been a great route for the Cardinals to take as a modern homage to their historical looks, and certainly better suited for them than the Jaguars. That kind of look or something like it is exactly what the Cardinals should be wearing, in my opinion. Even the number font would’ve been just about perfect. Just make it mostly cardinal and white with some black as the trim (and stick with cardinal and white combos, no black pants or anything), maybe put the Arizona flag on the chest where the Jaguars have the logo now (if not the sleeves), and I think you’re set. That’s all just my opinion though.

Anyways, what are some other uniform ideas that any of you have felt could’ve been better suited for other teams in any sport? 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

No one has answered yet, and already I am annoyed.  

I am annoyed because I know that someone is going to bring up the Tampa Bay Lightning.  The idea that teams like the Lightning and the Orlando Magic shouldn't have dignified uniforms, simply because they are relatively newly-created teams, is absurd.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Related image

I think this would work great for a team like Oregon, Kent State or any other team that doesn't seem to have a "classic look" and should never have been worn by BYU. BYU has a classic look but they went with this for a few year before wearing a Jets knockoff look after that. 

Related image

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I immediately thought of the Astros “earth tone” color scheme.  I really liked it.  But it really didn’t fit a team called Astros.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If you were starting a team in the '90s called the "Buffaloes," this would be a really sharp jersey.

But if you've already existed for 25 years with a totally different color scheme that's unique in your league (St. Louis used red at the time) and your nickname already lends itself well to a logo, it was just a strange move for the Sabres to blow up the whole thing and introduce this.

5814_1997_98_mike_hur.jpg

If you're the Blue Jays or the Royals, these would have been baller...but the Braves never looked right in these.

9c3bb88042603c273ae492f86b42c50b.jpg

23 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Cleveland Cavaliers' 1994-2003 logo is the best Nets logo ever designed. 

Ho ho, very funny.  Please don't forget that the Nets' longest-running and best uniform had a net design down the sides.

Anyway, your comment has reminded me that the White Sox' 1987-1990 cap would make for the best Cleveland Indians cap.

Image result for white sox carlos martinez topps

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

51 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Ho ho, very funny.  Please don't forget that the Nets' longest-running and best uniform had a net design down the sides.

I liked the Jason Kidd-era uniforms, but the logo bothered me. The forced 3D perspective was bad enough, but it didn't even include a net! It included a rim, but no net :P

They're perfectly fine-looking, but I'm not sure what the Mets were trying to do here...it's like someone said "you know what? We should really try to look more like the Expos," and this is what they went with.

628fce16b2834f679fba44f8786c08b5_front.jpg624%20Pete%20Schourek%20300-300x300.jpg

Also, these would be reasonably sharp jerseys for the Wizards or 76ers, but if you're the Hawks, you haven't had a dot of blue in your jerseys since 1972...why switch horses and go with these all of a sudden?

atlanta-hawks.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 3:04 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Related image

I think this would work great for a team like Oregon, Kent State or any other team that doesn't seem to have a "classic look" and should never have been worn by BYU. BYU has a classic look but they went with this for a few year before wearing a Jets knockoff look after that. 

Related image

I liked those uniforms..

1992-1993 Ottawa Rough Riders.  Not a bad logo with the flames.  Did not really fit well with the Ottawa Rough Riders' identity:

spacer.png

1994-1995 Ottawa Rough Riders.  Red, gold and navy blue not a bad colour scheme.  Did not really fit well with the Ottawa Rough Riders' identity:

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

1992-1993 Ottawa Rough Riders.  Not a bad logo with the flames.  Did not really fit well with the Ottawa Rough Riders' identity:

spacer.png

1994-1995 Ottawa Rough Riders.  Red, gold and navy blue not a bad colour scheme.  Did not really fit well with the Ottawa Rough Riders' identity:

spacer.png

I thought the 94-95 uniforms were one of the best uniforms around. 

Archived