The 1987 NFL Pro Line Catalogue

I remember kids in school that ordered jerseys from those Pro-Line catalogs - for some reason (as you can see by the image of the LT Giants jersey) they used the same thin-angled block font for non-Bears jerseys, even for teams that had Russell Block or Champion Block.

An Eagles "authentic" - which was very hard to find at the time, and only available at one local sporting-goods store that had some affiliation - had the accurate numbers, but one ordered direct from the NFL was not accurate.

I recall in 1992, mentioning to someone that the numbers on his Fred Barnett jersey weren't the proper style,and I got a load of crap from people for being so detail oriented and even being able to tell the difference between block styles.  It was then that I decided I was going to grow up to be a member of the CCSLC... even if it wasn't even a thing yet (and CC may not even have been born yet for that matter.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I remember kids in school that ordered jerseys from those Pro-Line catalogs - for some reason (as you can see by the image of the LT Giants jersey) they used the same thin-angled block font for non-Bears jerseys, even for teams that had Russell Block or Champion Block.

An Eagles "authentic" - which was very hard to find at the time, and only available at one local sporting-goods store that had some affiliation - had the accurate numbers, but one ordered direct from the NFL was not accurate.

I recall in 1992, mentioning to someone that the numbers on his Fred Barnett jersey weren't the proper style,and I got a load of crap from people for being so detail oriented and even being able to tell the difference between block styles.  It was then that I decided I was going to grow up to be a member of the CCSLC... even if it wasn't even a thing yet (and CC may not even have been born yet for that matter.)

There was also a Sand Knit block (aka Ripon block) whose TV numbers were wider than Russell block.

UBwef0L.png

I have one of these catalogs in my attic. Different cover though (mine is blue and either has Reeves or Ditka). 

This was one of the first catalogs that made me fall in love with the NFL as a kid. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/1/2019 at 10:11 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I have a Pro-Line catalog ordered Randall Cunningham jersey from either 1987 or 1988 that I used me parents AMEX to buy.  I still have it and have only worn it maybe five times in 30 years and one was during that John Cena WWE jersey era at a PPV.  It has a Russell Athletic collar tag and the Russell tag on the lower left of the front.  I still have it somewhere as in a gallon ZipLock bag and two silica gel tabs from some other mail order clothes for some reason.

Archived