NHL Pride and Honor Series (all teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2019 at 2:10 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

For the Islanders, I wanted to modernize their classic set. I really love the "NY" logo for them, and their current primary logo (at least in my opinion) fits as a great shoulder patch. The striping on the Pride jersey utilizes 4 bold stripes to signify their 1980's glory days, and the Honor jersey pays homage to the '80s Cup-winning teams.

Downplaying Long Island as the team moves back to Long Island after a fraught and failed attempt to abandon it is the opposite of what to do. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 12/16/2019 at 7:32 AM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

On to Nashville

6UfKsaj.png

I absolutely love their new fauxback logo they will be donning in the Winter Classic. Those jerseys are very close to being perfect and I'd love to see them overhaul their brand with this look. The Pride jersey incorporates guitar strings and the Tennessee flag from the guitar logo. Honor jersey brings back (minority opinion alert) my favorite Preds jersey and honors their cup final run from a few years ago.

I was skeptical about the fauxback logo replacing what they've used since 2011 but holy god...  That set looks absolutely incredible.  I'd buy that white jersey in a heartbeat if it was real.

On 1/3/2020 at 10:43 PM, B-mer said:

Overall I love this set. Home and road carry on same design theme they’ve always had, and has a little Barons flavor to it, very subtle but noticeable to me. Updating to blue pants is a great move. 

The Pride jersey is nice, but I like your last version of this jersey in your previous series. 

Honor is spot on perfect. Expect nothing less for your team. 

Thanks for the feedback! 👍

On 1/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

I'm really enjoying this series, Ohio...Nice, clean work!

It's all good, but I really like the Nashville set...Such an improvement to what they currently have.

...Also digging the black'n gold Leafs!👍

Thanks, Sparky!

On 1/5/2020 at 2:23 AM, Morgo said:

I was skeptical about the fauxback logo replacing what they've used since 2011 but holy god...  That set looks absolutely incredible.  I'd buy that white jersey in a heartbeat if it was real.

Thank you for the kind words :)

On 1/5/2020 at 11:03 PM, ItsSlothy said:

What are you planning for the LA Kings?

Stay tuned...

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Let's move on to Chicago...

6TzznCq.png

ZY0a0JY.png

7K69qS1.png

lOe8OH1.png

The home and roads were inspired by their current classic sets and the striping from their most recent Winter Classic uni. Small update that gives them a more complex yet classic feel. I also did my best fix (at least in my opinion) their mess of a collar. Pride set was inspired by the Bulls' city uniform/chicago flag/city colors. Honor set is a more accurate representation of their original Winter Classic unis - which are definitely my favorite WC sets of all time.

2LYbxnm.png

I like this go at the Hawks.  Something different while not out there.  The more i look at the Pride jersey the more i like it.  Honor jersey is my favorite though.  I'm with you that it's one of, if not the best WC jerseys and was great as an alternate.  

On to another Original Six club...

iUlYGtQ.png

V8QZ5o6.png

KuTIZom.png

oDxP4WG.png

Boy is it difficult to come up with a new look for the Habs, as their uniforms are timeless. While their look is phenomenal, my biggest gripe with them are that the homes and roads are not consistent. I tried my best at fixing this issue while still giving them that familiar, classic look. Also got rid of the stripe on the back of the jerseys because I think it's cluttered with it and triple-stroked numbers. Pride jersey is based on their Centennial Classic uniform, with the shiny silver trim honoring the 24 Stanley Cups the franchise has won. Honor jersey pays homage to the Cup winning team of 1924, although this is somewhat of a fauxback. 

2LYbxnm.png

On 1/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Let's move on to Chicago...

6TzznCq.png

ZY0a0JY.png

7K69qS1.png

lOe8OH1.png

The home and roads were inspired by their current classic sets and the striping from their most recent Winter Classic uni. Small update that gives them a more complex yet classic feel. I also did my best fix (at least in my opinion) their mess of a collar. Pride set was inspired by the Bulls' city uniform/chicago flag/city colors. Honor set is a more accurate representation of their original Winter Classic unis - which are definitely my favorite WC sets of all time.

The Primary uni’s striping looks like a barcode.

spacer.png

RxrX5RD.png

On to the Caps...

rNNUkPd.png

phZa0xP.png

V9VfuSi.png

OlhKybc.png

Primary uniforms are a modernization of their throwback set, and the Weagle (finally) gets promoted to primary status. Pride uniform is a take on the DC flag. I debated  between using navy, red, or white (to be true to the flag) as the base color but ultimately went with blue to mix things up. Honor uniform pays homage to the year that the Capitals drafted their franchise player, The Great 8. Plus, those uni's are fantastic, so no reason not to rehash that.

2LYbxnm.png

Canadiens look great.  Like the collar switch.  Unsure on the missing stripe on the back though. Small detail not sure if intentional but their gloves in real life have the blue and red reversed. Those or colored like the Rangers’ gloves. The Honor set looks amazing. Only thing I might say is I like the deeper red they use. 

My favorite Caps jersey is the Pride one. Would make a great alternate. 

On to the reigning Cup champions...

Ypq0d0A.png

VGxbHbX.png

I5WG94z.png

03kf3zo.png

Primaries were inspired by both this year's ASG unis and the retro "blue note" unis - which they brought back as a throwback this season. Think of it more as a modernization and cleaned up version of that look. Pride jersey was inspired by the St. Louis flag, and brings red back into their look. Honor jersey is a version of their current throwback inaugural jersey and more closely resembles the Winter Classic version of it (collar).

2LYbxnm.png

All of these uniforms have been top notch! I love the Flag striping on the back of the collar. I feel like adding yellow to the edges of the striping on the pride jersey might help that set, but it's great nonetheless. Great job!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Your stuff is always superb, and that template... wow. Wonder what it would take to get you to share that with me, because it really takes these concepts to a whole other level.

I have a few nitpicks though. 

• On Pittsburgh, gotta go with gold numbers on the home jersey. 
  • A few teams just have a few too many thin stripes - I'm thinking Toronto, Chicago, and St. Louis in particular
  • The Sharks teal needs to be brighter, right now the home does not have enough contrast on it.
  • The Predators logo does look very nice in the mockup but the gap between the fang and the mouth should be made transparent. 

Keep it up

On to the Kings...

JjYy0s9.png

YJNOdOG.png

Tzh0c42.png

nX232P4.png

Primaries are a blend between their current and '90s uniforms. Pride jersey is a new take on their current alternate with the addition of a chrome bucket, which honors their two Stanley Cups. Honor uniform is a throwback to their inaugural look.

2LYbxnm.png

Archived