NHL Pride and Honor Series (all teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

Time for a new concept series! With pretty much every other major sports league (NBA, NFL, MLB) incorporating more elements into teams' uniform identities, it's time for the NHL to catch up with the times and allow teams to wear four different uniform options. The NBA has their "City", "Icon", "Association", and other weirdly named jerseys, so I modeled this series to that. Each team will have a designated "Home" (dark) and "Road" (light) jersey, as well as a "Pride" and "Honor" jersey. The "Pride" uniforms will be inspired by the team's hometown, state, or community. "Honor" jerseys will be direct throwbacks, modernized fauxbacks, or combinations of different eras to pay homage to the history of the hockey (on the "Honor" jerseys, the approximate year that is being brought back to life will be noted in the Player NOB).

Let's start off with an Original Six team...The New York Rangers

B283nx4.png

IFYACqi.png

OnJ0Uqd.png

9UGJYzG.png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's go across town and move on to the Islanders...

5xyrLjV.png

QuAZNpt.png

UUEaPud.png

ytHxmew.png

For the Islanders, I wanted to modernize their classic set. I really love the "NY" logo for them, and their current primary logo (at least in my opinion) fits as a great shoulder patch. The striping on the Pride jersey utilizes 4 bold stripes to signify their 1980's glory days, and the Honor jersey pays homage to the '80s Cup-winning teams.

2LYbxnm.png

Let's drive Upstate and check out the Sabres...

0ilsFws.png

lM8uBor.png

bdyTQAq.png

dbTmnVp.png

The overall look is based on their beautiful 50th anniversary jerseys. The Honor jerseys pay homage to the Buffalo Buffs of 1931, which fits in nicely with the rest of the striping throughout the entire set. 

2LYbxnm.png

1 hour ago, JCRGraphix said:

This is all ridiculously good. Where do you get that amazing realistic jersey template?

Thanks! I made it from scratch from a Meigray stock image. It’s been a work in progress over the last few months making everything easily editable and adding a few different shoulder yoke and collar options. 

2LYbxnm.png

1 hour ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Thanks! I made it from scratch from a Meigray stock image. It’s been a work in progress over the last few months making everything easily editable and adding a few different shoulder yoke and collar options. 

It's one of the best I've ever seen.

Let's move on to Carolina...

2OE1RlA.png

QqKr5rE.png

VfH21Uy.png

X6DLz50.png

The primaries are a general fix to their current uniforms, making the home consistent with the new road and delegating the CANES script to alternate status. That "C" is too good, though, to not use as a shoulder patch. The alternate is a new take on their "Storm Surge" unis, and incorporates their blacked out primary logo on the shoulder. Honor jersey pays homage to the Cup winning team of '06. 

2LYbxnm.png

I like what you've done for Carolina.  The application of the sublimated flag pattern to just the hem is perfect in my mind.  Having it on all the striping becomes too much.  As much as I do like their current home, it is very black-heavy and i go back and fourth on it being an issue for me.  This concept eliminates that issue.  I do like the storm flag alternate logo though, and feel like it adds more to the identity than the C/flags do as the shoulder logo.  The updates to the alternate jersey for the Pride set are great.  Love how it all looks. 

I think overall the only thing i might change is the number font.  To me a standard block font isnt the way to go for them.  Not that their current font is anything great though.  

Going back to Buffalo I think the only changes i'd make is no white gloves and a different shoulder patch. I always liked the B/sword concept they've used in the past, and i think coming up with a simple, more refined version of that would be nice for these.  The Buffalo logo is great for the Pride jersey though.

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

Kinda surprised you didn't go for the fisherman on the Islanders Honor jerseys. I wonder how that'd look on the Adizero template.

That realistic jersey mockup is spectacular, by the way. As are the designs.

Thanks!

I thought about it, but I felt that incorporating their class look would appease their fans (if this were to ever become a real thing) more than the fisherman era unis considering the newer look primaries. Don't worry thought, there will be some more out there heritage uniforms in this series :) 

2LYbxnm.png

Let's continue with another Metropolitan team...

ny08gh2.png

ft8MXZ0.png

TqeQLCw.png

jwVbHe6.png

The primaries are simplified (dare I say modernized?) versions of their current classic sets, nothing too crazy here. The Pride uniform is inspired by the other professional sport teams in the "City of Champions", and the Honor uniform pays homage to the Penguins' inaugural season. 

2LYbxnm.png

12 hours ago, TheGoldenTriangle said:

All of these are fantastic, big fan of the Isles and Pens sets! Only nitpick is white numbers and names on the home looks off and also the collar is missing the fifth cup. Keep up the great work!

Woah didn't catch that, thanks for pointing that out! Here's an update with the 5th cup added

D80vYvj.png

PCmdJkH.png

2LYbxnm.png

Let's go cross-state and check out the Flyers...

IYB4m6Z.png

yQbdX0L.png

qXghjpc.png

amO4rVp.png

Home and road are simplifications of their 50th anniversary jersey, which I think would look quite nice on the ice. The Pride jersey is a fresher take on their current alt/stadium series set, and the Honor jersey is a Quakers fauxback

2LYbxnm.png

Archived