NHL Pride and Honor Series (all teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

On to San Jose...

0aXAHrI.png

8Lpnn7H.png

hn23kKy.png

tyASm0s.png

Primaries are a freshened up version of their late 90's/early 2000's uniforms, those really gave them an identity. The Pride jersey is inspired by this past year's ASG uniforms and includes the underutilized (and recolored) NoCal roundel logo. Honor jersey brings back the brighter teal inaugural jersey.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the direction for the home and road, but feels unbalanced with too much black and silver, more so with the road. Making the numbers teal would help a little. 

The edits i want to say bring it too close to the set you’re basing it off of, which is why I’m holding back, because I know you’re going for a different take, but they were so good for their identity. 

Love the Pride and Honor sets. 

I would leave the numbers on the road as is, but add a teal outline. The black and silver numbers look fantastic, but it does need a little bit more teal there. Otherwise these are all perfect! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 12/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Let's continue with another Metropolitan team...

jwVbHe6.png

The primaries are simplified (dare I say modernized?) versions of their current classic sets, nothing too crazy here. The Pride uniform is inspired by the other professional sport teams in the "City of Champions", and the Honor uniform pays homage to the Penguins' inaugural season. 

Having a realistic or action template makes understanding and visualizing concepts so much easier. Excellent work here.

A nitpick though about the "Pride" jersey above: PIT is the airport. PGH is the city. (I realize that broadcasts generally shorten "Pittsburgh" to "PIT" in scorebugs, but if it's truly a civic pride thing you're going for, PGH is the correct abbreviation.) 

On to Nashville

DiY7qUp.png

6UfKsaj.png

LGbL6l1.png

d7HkKFA.png

I absolutely love their new fauxback logo they will be donning in the Winter Classic. Those jerseys are very close to being perfect and I'd love to see them overhaul their brand with this look. The Pride jersey incorporates guitar strings and the Tennessee flag from the guitar logo. Honor jersey brings back (minority opinion alert) my favorite Preds jersey and honors their cup final run from a few years ago.

2LYbxnm.png

On 12/13/2019 at 7:19 AM, Ted Cunningham said:

Having a realistic or action template makes understanding and visualizing concepts so much easier. Excellent work here.

A nitpick though about the "Pride" jersey above: PIT is the airport. PGH is the city. (I realize that broadcasts generally shorten "Pittsburgh" to "PIT" in scorebugs, but if it's truly a civic pride thing you're going for, PGH is the correct abbreviation.) 

Thank you! Good call on the PGH/PIT discrepancy, that's not something I would have thought of.

On 12/16/2019 at 12:38 PM, JCRGraphix said:

This is certainly light years ahead of what they have. My only complaint is the difference in width between the hem and sleeve stripes, but it still looks great.

I definitely get that lone gripe, but I was intentional with how I left the hem stripes uneven compared to the arms. I think it works even though there's consistency issues, you see it with the Canadiens IRL, too.

14 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Excellent series so far. Preds look nice, but I agree with B-mer that the logo should face to the right. Also, I think the logo could use some more white in it, as it gets lost on the jersey a bit. 

1 hour ago, ItsSlothy said:

For whatever reason, I feel like the preds Winter Classic fauxback logo is too, well, fauxbacky. It might require some reworking to make it look more modern, like the 2020 M-glove.

Thanks for this feedback, I appreciate it. I believe that @ldconcepts came up with a very nice looking fix to their fauxback logo that remedies the issues you both pointed out. 

2LYbxnm.png

That Preds Pride is my very favorite Nashville alt. jersey concept I've seen. Brings the flag, the pick, the strings, the fauxback logo, all together and is still incredibly simple and classy. Get rid of the colored nameplate and honestly a 10/10 for me.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

For Toronto’s pride, could you do “We The North” in the collar or instead of the Toronto over the leaf?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

I’m not as much a fan of that southwestern pattern as the classic one from the kachina jersey, however I’d like to see the home jersey with a sand stripe where the pattern is, which might force a swap of outline colors on the pattern itself, but it would bring some more to that set. 

I loved that green alt when it came out for some reason, so nice decision there. The Pride jersey is nice, simple, but I think I want red pants with it. And I always liked the plain moon logo they used on the pants and you could use that on all sets with the recolored one for the Honor set. 

I agree about the home needing an extra sand stripe for the pattern to sit in. Without it the arms look too simple, having the brick pattern blend in with the actual jersey. It makes it look all brick with only black shoulder caps.

I like the honor jersey, but I think it would lose its charm and be more of an eye sore once they’ve worn it a few times. I think a modern take that removed the cacti and mountains, but used the copper/purple/black in a more traditional striping (like the socks but more copper heavy) would be an appropriate nod to the chaotic time in NHL uniform history and would settle down the guys yelling “they’re only rehashing for more sales!”

The pride seems simple for the coyotes, but I’d prefer the subtle approach of using our flag over the aggressive red/blue/gold mess that the flag actually is., so great job there! Feels a little similar to ASU’s jerseys worn recently, was that the inspiration? If you wanted to go another direction, people here would eat up a turquoise/copper themed pride jersey.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the logo choice on the primaries is perfect. Although the original Kachina is my favorite, I always thought the full body coyote was sharp and elevated the brand!

I apologize that this series has slowed down lately, I have been doing a lot of traveling/moving since completing my graduate program. Let's move on to Columbus...

8UWRCNH.png

rN09bH9.png

6S0beRZ.png

853GKqm.png

Columbus has had such a steady identity over the past 13ish years, and there really isn't a whole lot I would change about them other than fixing the hem piping on the current roads. If they ever move on with a new look, I think the primaries in this set are a nice evolution of what they currently wear. The Pride jersey incorporates the Ohio flag striping into the arms and hem, as well as their sharp wordmark as the crest. And the Honor jersey pays homage to their inaugural jerseys (with one minor change to the stars on the cuffs) with the fatter-style numbers, faint bumblebee striping, and neon green highlights throughout the uniform.

2LYbxnm.png

Overall I love this set. Home and road carry on same design theme they’ve always had, and has a little Barons flavor to it, very subtle but noticeable to me. Updating to blue pants is a great move. 

The Pride jersey is nice, but I like your last version of this jersey in your previous series. 

Honor is spot on perfect. Expect nothing less for your team. 

Archived