NHL Pride and Honor Series (all teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On to Boston...

e4fTRdT.png

F1jSv0i.png

fXJDPTL.png

wTyGZwP.png

Cleaned up the shoulders on the primaries to not make them so bulgy and got rid of the shoulder patch. The striping on the road is more bold now. Pride jersey is a new take on their previously worn WC uniforms with their updated "B" logo. Honor uniform pays homage to their inaugural 1924 team and is a more accurate version of their 2nd WC uniform.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

I have been waiting for the B’s, and you did not disappoint. The more authentic take on the WC jersey with the Honor set is perfection. Magneto meme-level perfection. 

My one thing I would change is the tone on the home. I’d prefer it as it currently is. The squared yoke works great for the road because it’s been used before in the past. I understand keeping them consistent on the primary uniforms but it would look so much better to me. 

I almost wonder on Detroit's Honor uniform, if you aligned the center of the wheel to the middle of the collar, to emulate the logo style of the mid-50's uniforms and give some more differentiation from the everyday home/away? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! 

On to Minnesota...

7s4rPyo.png

AvmCahh.png

06JUYJa.png

McLfSQQ.png

Primaries are a combination of a few eras (thinking current road, previous third, etc.) and create more unity across both sets. Pride jersey is a simplification of my color rush concept from a while back, and the honor uniform throws it back to the Wild's original third jerseys and the first time they wore red in the early 2000's.

2LYbxnm.png

Finally!  Been waiting for you to post the next one.  

Overall these are great.  The Wild are a team for me where you can just have endless concepts and options for them.  They have a great color scheme and logos.  

Home and Road: Not huge changes but nice.  While i do like their current striping, adding that extra arm stripe works well for them.  I also think the main logo on the green jersey is not an issue so this looks a lot cleaner than their current home.  Only potential change could be to make the green stripes in between the wheat stripes red.  Not necessary though.

Pride: very interesting, great color combo.  Something is not completely fitting for me though.  I almost feel like the red in the logo is throwing the rest off.  And maybe adding a yellow stroke to the numbers could help?  

Honor:  Perfect.  I made this myself for my EA game, but i used a winter classic collar with no laces.  Seemed to fit the feel of the jersey.  

EDIT: One thing i noticed, if you are shooting for accuracy, is the pant stripes they had were actually red, gold/wheat, red.  Unless it was a conscious decision to reverse it, then nevermind. 😁

spacer.png

I think the Wild home sweater needs a little more red. I also don’t think the bright yellow works for the alternate. The Wild have that color in flat applications, but the crests usually have a more golden color. I feel like that would look better. 

The Wild also don’t ever use the Bear head backwards in any application, so the helmets should be the other way. 

And I second b-mer. The pants should be swapped because it’s meant to be a throwback...

Sorry if i sound so picky, but the Wild are my favorite teams and their branding matters to me. But your work is absolutely fantastic Avi! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 3/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, B-mer said:

One thing i noticed, if you are shooting for accuracy, is the pant stripes they had were actually red, gold/wheat, red.  Unless it was a conscious decision to reverse it, then nevermind. 😁

spacer.png

On 3/27/2020 at 10:07 AM, chcarlson23 said:

And I second b-mer. The pants should be swapped because it’s meant to be a throwback...

Oh snap! Totally missed that, good catch! Just updated the post with the corrected pants lol

2LYbxnm.png

On to the Oilers...

LyLzJ59.png

Ga8WeOF.png

Gtb2ccd.png

hIkk5e8.png

Primaries are essentially modernized fixes to their current set (c ya @navy). Pride jersey is also close to a fix to their current, really bad alternate. Honor pays homage to the OG Edmonton Oilers of the WHA, which they've essentially worn already.

2LYbxnm.png

On to the Jets...

JR8dcXx.png

apPGNjD.png

p2NxzO3.png

8slnzKM.png

While I do like Winnipeg's current look, it's a bit disjointed (hem/arm striping mismatched). I aimed to fix that issue with their two primaries. Pride jersey brings back to life the "Winnipeg White Out" and the Honor jersey is a more accurate version of their current heritage jerseys.

2LYbxnm.png

Archived